a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
horrorface.png

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Changing a coach won’t help if the team doesn’t want to win. It would be the same result with a different face standing behind the bench. Going far in the playoffs takes a drive and will to win, and I don’t see it from this team after the 1st round. The worry has always been this team being satisfied with one cup and it looks like that’s what it is. They don’t have that same desire to win
Team doesn't look the same without Compher and Newhook, huge losses

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I see we're doing the time-honored tradition of the eeking out of a relationship exit plan. ROR got it, Stastny got it, Landeskog got it when he got close...

Y'all started dieting and took up pilates again.
This in relation to Mikko or Bednar?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I didn't watch after the first. Complete no show for the biggest game of the season at home. I know there are distractions and adversity but this team crumbles under pressure. Overall this core group under achieves more than it overachieve and I have to question their mental fortitude. Also, Bednar is tactically limited. Fails to adjust the game plan to DAL clogging the neutral zone. We need changes to the assistants to bring fresh ideas.

I'm not watching another Avs game until they win a game. I've watched 7 periods and seen only one goal and a total of 0 sec with the lead. Oof!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Rants and Mack were as bad. All 3.
Exactly. They all decided to quit. It was tough to watch.

I didn't watch after the first. Complete no show for the biggest game of the season at home. I know there are distractions and adversity but this team crumbles under pressure. Overall this core group under achieves more than it overachieve and I have to question their mental fortitude. Also, Bednar is tactically limited. Fails to adjust the game plan to DAL clogging the neutral zone. We need changes to the assistants to bring fresh ideas.

I'm not watching another Avs game until they win a game. I've watched 7 periods and seen only one goal and a total of 0 sec with the lead. Oof!

MacK, Makar, Rantanen and Toews aren't leaders like Landy. This team needs a leader.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Team doesn't look the same without Compher and Newhook, huge losses
They really are worse without them and Byram too

Same , See what unfolds this summer

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I don't think it's fair to count last night. Guys mailed it in before the puck dropped.

Why isn’t it fair? Should players only play hard when everything is going well and there’s no adversity? That’s a true championship level mindset.

The core of the team just showed us how pathetic they are with their performance over the last 4 periods of hockey. Absolutely no respect for themselves or the fans supporting them.

Reactions: The Moops

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Why isn’t it fair? Should players only play hard when everything is going well and there’s no adversity? That’s a true championship level mindset.

The core of the team just showed us how pathetic they are with their performance over the last 4 periods of hockey. Absolutely no respect for themselves or the fans supporting them.
It's just a game and the players are probably just waiting to enjoy the summer and the time off. Why beat and bang your body up. When you get past 25 you realise this.

Team should think like DiCaprio and trade them in at 25 for 19 year olds lol

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I honestly think a new coach, getting rid of George and Rantanen would do wonders for this franchise.

Like just get the dead weight out and move on. You can't continue with the current core and coaching staff.

I'd take him over Bednar right now. I hate him but I hate Bednar more. The guy had straight cost us 2 straight game because he absolutely sucks.
No to Babcock. Yes to everything else.

Reactions: Alienblood

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

Between Landy, Nuke, and Toews they know they aren't going to be able to win even this round let alone 2 more after. Why destroy your body for nothing? I don't blame the guys one bit they were completely deflated after the news. They are human too.

Reactions: Alienblood

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Hungover and unhappy. What a disgrace of a night. Maybe the single worst performance this core has put up ever? Top 3 in Avalanche history?

You just can’t come back for getting beaten like that with all the off ice shit too. If they win tomorrow maybe I’ll crawl back and watch some more, but I drove 17 hours in 38 to watch this team on Saturday… and wore my Nuke jersey. I’m embarrassed for myself to have made the effort. f***.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Hungover and unhappy. What a disgrace of a night. Maybe the single worst performance this core has put up ever? Top 3 in Avalanche history?

You just can’t come back for getting beaten like that with all the off ice shit too. If they win tomorrow maybe I’ll crawl back and watch some more, but I drove 17 hours in 38 to watch this team on Saturday… and wore my Nuke jersey. I’m embarrassed for myself to have made the effort. f***.
yes it was the single worst game this group has ever played imo.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I felt the dedication to dump and chase in earlier games was somewhat defeatist. In the late 2nd a 3rd, they mixed it up more and had better flow. Need to score but they were creating more space by not being so exclusively one or the other. Maybe a feeling of desparation was the reason?

The first period was like people were in shock and didnt want to be there.

That Makar turnover on there first goal was zombie like.

Reactions: Chiarelli

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It's just a game and the players are probably just waiting to enjoy the summer and the time off. Why beat and bang your body up. When you get past 25 you realise this.

Team should think like DiCaprio and trade them in at 25 for 19 year olds lol
I'll probably get trashed for saying this but last night's performance was reminiscent of a phenom I noticed when I was coaching youth. Players know when they are beat. When their best isn't gonna be good enough. And they know when the coach has no real answers. So they recognize reality and tend to just play out the rest of the schedule and get the whole thing over and done with.

This wasn't evident in the 90's. But it became evident after 2000. I don't know why. Values? Character? Upbringing? 9/11? Columbine? It happened to me 2 different times during my 2000 - 2017 coaching run.

In between were some championships. But when the ship starts to take on water, and predicated on the character of the leadership, the crew (players) look to abandon ship rather than try to keep it afloat.

And they tend to blame others around them for the conditions.

A certain high visibility and well respected Avs social media commentator on this Board knows what I am describing here. He was one of the few good guys I had left...... He hung in there until the end. But surely had his doubts as well.....

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I'll probably get trashed for saying this but last night's performance was reminiscent of a phenom I noticed when I was coaching youth. Players know when they are beat. When their best isn't gonna be good enough. And they know when the coach has no real answers. So they recognize reality and tend to just play out the rest of the schedule and get the whole thing over and done with.

This wasn't evident in the 90's. But it became evident after 2000. It happened to me 2 different times during my 2000 - 2017 coaching run.

In between were some championships. But when the ship starts to take on water, and predicated on the character of the leadership, the crew (players) look to abandon ship rather than try to keep it afloat.

And they tend to blame others around them for the conditions.

A certain high visibility and well respected Avs social media commentator on this Board knows what I am describing here. He was one of the few good guys I had left...... He hung in there until the end. But surely had his doubts as well.....
Oh I agree 100% I've seen this and experienced this myself as a player. It's hard not to want to jump ship.

I'm not surprised at all at the teams performance in this game. In fact I would wager they knew this was coming at some point t during the last few games or so

Just look at how Mack and Mikko have played

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
I don’t get the Bednar hate.
I do, this supposed cup favorite team looks unmotivated, lazy, and is playing with such carelessness that it’s infuriating, special teams looks like garbage, and the team collapsed the second they faced adversity that they couldn’t immediately overcome. Add in that the Avs have now been cup favorites for like 5 years and Bednar has failed to get them passed the 2nd round all but once and has multiple losses to Deboer, and I completely understand why people are f***n pissed.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I do, this supposed cup favorite team looks unmotivated, lazy, and is playing with such carelessness that it’s infuriating, special teams looks like garbage, and the team collapsed the second they faced adversity that they couldn’t immediately overcome. Add in that the Avs have now been cup favorites for like 5 years and Bednar has failed to get them passed the 2nd round all but once and has multiple losses to Deboer, and I completely understand why people are f***n pissed.
Hockey is made up of all types of fasteners. All Bednar has is a hammer.

Reactions: pockets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad