Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2024 Off-season Thread.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
So random question: when the Sabres farm team was the Portland Pirates, were people still fans of the Amerks? Or did you temporarily switch loyalties? Or did the Amerks become your 1B?
I did not follow the Amerks at all when they were under Florida control. I followed the Sabres prospects/team in Portland.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So random question: when the Sabres farm team was the Portland Pirates, were people still fans of the Amerks? Or did you temporarily switch loyalties? Or did the Amerks become your 1B?

It's like how I used to root for the Cincinnati Cyclones and now I'm a Jax Icemen fan.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's like how I used to root for the Cincinnati Cyclones and now I'm a Jax Icemen fan.

I rooted for both, though one game I attended my son decided to root for Portland. The Amerks won in a shootout, I think Markstrom may have been in net for Roch.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I bought season tickets to Portland, blew my knee out so surgery and lost my teaching assignment. Lost $400 bucks, my replacement made use of them even though he wasn't a hockey fan

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Yea but that’s different. I’m sure you didn’t cheer for the Cyclones for years.

I bought season tickets to Portland, blew my knee out so surgery and lost my teaching assignment. Lost $400 bucks, my replacement made use of them even though he wasn't a hockey fan

And? Were you an Amerks fan despite them being a Panthers farm team? Or did you become a Pirates fan? Or was it a 1A and 1B situation?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Bangor? Portsmouth?
Bangor as a SERE instructor

Yea but that’s different. I’m sure you didn’t cheer for the Cyclones for years.

And? Were you an Amerks fan despite them being a Panthers farm team? Or did you become a Pirates fan? Or was it a 1A and 1B situation?
Mainly as a hockey fan. I used to have season tickets to the Caps, and had seasons to San Antonio

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I listened to Seth’s press conference again and I was left wondering if Chris Taylor might once again wind up as the Rochester head coach? Appert praised him for the work he did and mentioned him as a great coach. I wonder if that conversation is a foot within the organization.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I listened to Seth’s press conference again and I was left wondering if Chris Taylor might once again wind up as the Rochester head coach? Appert praised him for the work he did and mentioned him as a great coach. I wonder if that conversation is a foot within the organization.
Lindy gets "his guy"

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Round up Gord Dineen and Toby Peterson!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seeing another AHL team having it's top line C getting re-signed for next year.

Also, the thought that the short playoff run with none of the kids getting to break out is going to put a drag on their summer trade value is again floating around in my mind.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I guess if they want to lean even more into the "wants to be here", a guy from Auburn would probably fill the bill. Too bad Pegs didn't do all that D-1 investment into a program closer to Buffalo to fill a pipeline of players too...

I see his first ever coaching job was as an intern assistant at the Program at the same time as Granato. Will we ever be done with that 2014-15 NTDP connection?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see Cleveland gave Syracuse the brooms and is now facing Hershey in the eastern conference finals. Coachella Valley is yet again in the western final, awaiting the winner of Grand Rapids vs. Milwaukee.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
LA getting into the act, signing some of their key AHL vets today. Tampa, Jersey, Pittsburgh all have done some of this work as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad