Confirmed with Link: Seamus Casey signs ELC with Devils

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Good news but I am a bit surprised he would sign. If anyone is in a situation where they should try to get moved or go to free agency, it is Casey given that you have Dougie, Nemec and Marino on the right side and also Dougie, Luke and Nemec as PP options.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Well that's good. Kinda don't expect to see him here anytime soon, if at all if we're in the goalie market like Fitz said, but it's gotta be pretty awesome to sign your first NHL contract.

Reactions: Guadana

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Good news but I am a bit surprised he would sign. If anyone is in a situation where they should try to get moved or go to free agency, it is Casey given that you have Dougie, Nemec and Marino on the right side and also Dougie, Luke and Nemec as PP options.

He's not blocked - he will compete, and if he's good, as we've seen with Nemec, he will make his way in.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
1715005291949.gif

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yes! Came here to post this. So happy, I didn’t really think he was going UFA but I’m thrilled he’s turning pro. Obviously starts out in the AHL but would not shock me if he saw NHL ice this season.

I'm hoping he has the full season to develop and adapt to the pro game in the AHL.

Barring catastrophic injuries to the defense (again), he should not get called up yet.

Reactions: Guadana

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

It's not the swiftest path to the NHL, but it's also not that bad either. Figure Casey still has a year or two of development at the AHL level, but he's probably already 4th on the RD depth chart...maybe 5th if DeSimone is re-signed. If he shows himself to be good enough at the NHL level in time, they'll find a spot for him.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Casey is in one injury of Dougie away from NHL roster. Doesn't look like a hard path. Something similar happened this season as I remember. Casey is very young, so I don't see a problem. With signed ELC he is already our property. So I don't really care - better depth, better team. If he is good enough player, he will build his path to the roster and will benefit from the talented team. All of this "blocking" are in the fans minds.
AHL isn't the worst league to teach how to play physical, how to position in puck battles.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hopefully NJ tried to sell him on a nice long development.

Spend a couple years developing with at least one full year of uninterrupted AHL time and a lot can change between now and then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad