Confirmed with Link: Seamus Casey signs ELC with Devils

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Marino's the odd man out eventually probably if we're looking at the RHD. Nemec will be the top pair guy in a year or two, Dougie will be way more sheltered mins/ton of PP time, Casey will be a tweener being brought up slowly

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Casey is in one injury of Dougie away from NHL roster. Doesn't look like a hard path. Something similar happened this season as I remember. Casey is very young, so I don't see a problem. With signed ELC he is already our property. So I don't really care - better depth, better team. If he is good enough player, he will build his path to the roster and will benefit from the talented team. All of this "blocking" are in the fans minds.
AHL isn't the worst league to teach how to play physical, how to position in puck battles.
He said he likes how the Devils treat their young defenseman with the next man up mentality back in a Feb interview..

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I'm super excited about this, but I really don't think he and Marino are competing for much right now.

My sense is that Marino is our top RH PK and often takes the higher QoC D zone starts. (I didn't look any of this up - happy to be proven wrong).

Casey right now doesn't profile to be the same type of D. Of course, Marino was a puck moving RD coming out of college, so maybe things change in a couple of years?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm super excited about this, but I really don't think he and Marino are competing for much right now.

My sense is that Marino is our top RH PK and often takes the higher QoC D zone starts. (I didn't look any of this up - happy to be proven wrong).

Casey right now doesn't profile to be the same type of D. Of course, Marino was a puck moving RD coming out of college, so maybe things change in a couple of years?
Casey is no slouch on the defensive side of the game. Could see him being a solid 2 way defensman. As long as his skating is good he will be okay because his offensive ability and hickey sense are well above average.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Oh wait, the guy isn’t saying his own name wrong? :sarcasm:

Sometimes people do - often with Italian surnames they say them wrong. But not in this case. You didn't ask that though... you asked if it's weird you thought that. Yes, it's weird (in the "peculiar" meaning)

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sometimes people do - often with Italian surnames they say them wrong. But not in this case. You didn't ask that though... you asked if it's weird you thought that. Yes, it's weird (in the "peculiar" meaning)
I was just being “silly” and happy that he signed. Didn’t mean for it to be taken seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad