Rumor: Shane Doan to Tampa

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What? Vanek is a top-30 LW in the league. Can also play some RW.

Problem with Vanek is that he's essentially a European Dany Heatley. Skating included. Can he score? Sure. But he offers zero outside of that. On a bad night for Tomas Vanek, a guy like J.T Brown is better and more useful and that's NOT a glowing endorsement.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Problem with Vanek is that he's essentially a European Dany Heatley. Skating included. Can he score? Sure. But he offers zero outside of that. On a bad night for Tomas Vanek, a guy like J.T Brown is better and more useful and that's NOT a glowing endorsement.

I like Brown but on a team trying to get a cup and in need of some depth scoring he just doesn't bring what we need to the table. If the guy had some "finish" to his game he would possibly be a top 6 player.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This rumor sponsored by:

logo-mobile.gif

I thin we have enough seniors in line down here, why make Shane wait also?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I just don't see a fit for Vanek. Doesn't have the defensive game for a bottom 6 role, doesn't have the puck possession numbers for the Johnson line, and doesn't have the speed or board skills to help the Stamkos line. He'd be great on a team that needs help on the power play and who doesn't play a puck possession style game though, like the Rangers.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I just don't see a fit for Vanek. Doesn't have the defensive game for a bottom 6 role, doesn't have the puck possession numbers for the Johnson line, and doesn't have the speed or board skills to help the Stamkos line. He'd be great on a team that needs help on the power play and who doesn't play a puck possession style game though, like the Rangers.

Vanek is redwing bound anyway there just waiting to sign the rfa's to see how much room they have left to pay vanek

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
So much for this rumor: Doan retires.

Reading is tough.....

So I have many people inside the Coyotes organization as well as people close to the Doan family. Sounds like Tampa is the team pushing hardest to get him, other than that, just mild offers/interest. Sounds like Doan is trying to decide if he should sign a deal with Tampa or retire. Just thought you guys would like to know

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Reading is tough.....

So I have many people inside the Coyotes organization as well as people close to the Doan family. Sounds like Tampa is the team pushing hardest to get him, other than that, just mild offers/interest. Sounds like Doan is trying to decide if he should sign a deal with Tampa or retire. Just thought you guys would like to know

Yeah, no one cares.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can't blame him for retiring. He didn't want to have Cooper scratch him every third game, which is probably how Copper would have used him.

I don't know about that. Cooper loves leadership.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Can't blame him for retiring. He didn't want to have Cooper scratch him every third game, which is probably how Copper would have used him.

What..? Doan would've played on the first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad