Value of: Shea Theodore

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Granger wrote in The Athletic:

"If the Golden Knights have their sights set on a bigger change this summer, Shea Theodore could be a trade candidate for multiple reasons. First, Theodore’s current deal expires after the 2024-25 season. Considering the eight-year deal Vegas just signed with Hanifin for $7.35 million per season, it could be tough to keep Theodore beyond that. It’s also worth noting that Hanifin and Theodore are very similar players. (...)

Not only would that move open up $5.2 million in additional cap space to work, but it should also provide a good return. Any draft picks or prospects acquired would give Vegas some needed ammunition for the deadline after trading three first-round picks and a second-round pick at this past deadline."

What is his value?

Reactions: wings95

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If Vegas is one of the few places Marner will waive to this seems like a good fit for both sides. Vegas will probably need a 3rd team to retain Marner though

Ya I think extended Marner for extended Theodore would work.

But it sounds like they are taking a run at marchessault re signing. There wouldn’t be a need then.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If Vegas is one of the few places Marner will waive to this seems like a good fit for both sides. Vegas will probably need a 3rd team to retain Marner though
If Marner is willing to sign with Vegas at 9-9.5 then it makes sense.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Marner is not a fit at all for Vegas unless Stone permanently LTIRetires. They need to sign Marchie or another goal scoring RW. Stamkos would be a better fit than Marner.

The ask for Theo would be a young top 6 RW + a pick.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
He can't sign an extension until July 1st which is after the draft

Otherwise I’d be ‘titillated.’ Size can’t be thought, and he certainly fits the Knights’ blueprint in that regard.

All I want to see next opening night is Jonathan Marchessault wearing his 81 in GOLD. Not the biggest fan of losing “Slim Shea-T”, but if picking up a Wallinder-type in that developmental window enables Vegas to hold onto Marchy, it’s a fair trade….a good trade, and worth it.

Shit, even dampens the loss of Edstrom.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is a horrid fit for Vegas. Marner makes twice as much and has less value. Theodore is a flat out better player.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Theodore for Buchnevich. Lots of Rumors that Vegas wanted Buch last trade deadline and Blues want a LHD to put with Parayko. Similar ages, similar cap hits. Blues retain on Buch to 5.2 Mil.

Ok, I'm ready to get yelled at. Sorry Vegas fans.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Basically exactly what the Leafs need. Offensive puck moving top 4 D, has won a cup and has lots of playoff experience, and still has prime years left.

I would think the Leafs have almost nothing off the table to get this done. Leaf fans will hate it but Cowan should be available for this player.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
No. Hell No.

Vancouver first, Miromanov, 3rd for signed Theodore
Having traded Miromanov away, doubt that McCrimmon would take him back.

Theodore for Buchnevich. Lots of Rumors that Vegas wanted Buch last trade deadline and Blues want a LHD to put with Parayko. Similar ages, similar cap hits. Blues retain on Buch to 5.2 Mil.

Ok, I'm ready to get yelled at. Sorry Vegas fans.
If Buchnevich is healthy, or at least healthyish, put him on Southwest and we'll work out the details later.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Why? Going after Marner is the most McCimmon thing he could do. I would not be shocked if those 2 were the basis of a trade at all
The only way that McCrimmon would take Marner is if he saw an opening to flip him to somebody else within 48 hours for an upgrade somewhere. But I very seriously doubt that Marner would ever wear a Knights uniform, even with substantial retention.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
In the last 3 years Marner has twice been voted a 1st team all star. Literally the best at his position and a selke finalist.

98 pt pace.

Theodore is what a top 25-30 D.

They are no where near of same caliber.

The only way that McCrimmon would take Marner is if he saw an opening to flip him to somebody else within 48 hours for an upgrade somewhere. But I very seriously doubt that Marner would ever wear a Knights uniform, even with substantial retention.

???? Why??? He took Tatar. Max p. eichel.

None of these are power forwards or had any real history of playoff success. Eichel was a massive whiner (pre neck injury).

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad