Value of: Swayman

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Don’t think a team can sign him away. Only thing that might work is offering a young top 6 center. Even that is dependent on what Bergeron and Krejci do.

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
As is the Bruins have about $5 million to sign 5 forwards and Swayman next year.

They will be competing with about a dozen other teams including the Oilers and Leafs to dump their overpaid players on a handful of teams.

Good luck Sweeney.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Given the cap crunch and short & long term outlook for the Bruins, unless someone offers an offer sheet that will net us a first+, I think the Bruins need to match anything and it's better asset management to trade Ullmark who has more immediate value on the market.

The next couple years for the Bruins will be navigating the cap mess they're in before some contracts and penalties expire giving them the freedom to build back up around Pasta, Lindholm, and McAvoy. At that point, Ullmark's contract would be over while Swayman would still be under team control. So I'd say retain what you have in hand and get a return on something expiring.

Reactions: G Backup

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs offer a 1 years 4.2M$ to him
Comp would be a 2nd pick in 2024, and Obv Bruins would match that, but they's need to get rid of a lot of salary and can"t trade Sway for the whole year, meaning he'd have arb right in 2024 and likelly gets a lot more.

Reactions: CapSpace

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
If any team is really looking for a goalie I could see Swayman getting offer-sheeted...With that 4 million cap penalty coming next year for Boston, I think it would be tough for them to match.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Comp would be a 2nd pick in 2024, and Obv Bruins would match that, but they's need to get rid of a lot of salary and can"t trade Sway for the whole year, meaning he'd have arb right in 2024 and likelly gets a lot more.

We don't have our 2024 2nd

Reactions: Weltschmerz

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You don't have your 2nd in 2024. Last time you tried an offer sheet it never went very well. I doubt your GM would even do it.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Seemed like the early impression was that the 2024 Draft was average/below average so perhaps teams might be willing to dangle a first. Something like Colorado giving up a 2012 1st for Semyon Varlamov or San Jose giving up a 2016 1st for Martin Jones.

The offer sheet route would be predicated on whether Swayman was willing to sign which isn't a given. As pointed out, teams need to have their own 2024 picks for compensation.

Missing 2024 1st: Florida*, New Jersey*, NY Rangers*, Ottawa*, Tampa*

Missing 2024 2nd: Colorado, Florida, Montreal, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington, Winnipeg

Missing 2024 3rd: Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Toronto, Vegas,

The RFA scale for this past season:

$2,100,742 - 4,201,488: 2nd round pick
$4.201,488 - 6,302,230: 1st + 3rd round picks

Most teams already have an entrenched starter (or somebody they're paying like a starter). Ball park duos:

ANA: Gibson | Dostal?
CGY: Markstrom | Vladar | Wolf
EDM: Skinner | Campbell
LAK: Copley | Petersen?
SEA: Grubauer | Driedger
SJS: tbd | Kahkonen
VAN: Demko | Martin
VGK: Lehner* | Thompson | tbd

ARZ: Vejmelka | Ingram | Prosvetov
CHI: Mrazek | tbd
COL: Georgiev | Francouz
DAL: Oettinger | Wedgewood
MIN: Gustavsson | Fleury
NSH: Saros | Lankinen
STL: Binnington | Hofer
WPG: Hellebucyk | tbd

BOS: Ullmark | Swayman
BUF: Levi | Comrie | Luukkonen
DET: Husso | tbd
FLO: Bobrovsky | Knight
MON: Price* | Allen | Montembeault
OTT: tbd | Forsberg
TBL: Vasilevskiy | tbd
TOR: Samsonov | Murray

CAR: tbd | Kochetkov
CLB: Merzlikins | Tarasov
NJD: Vanecek | Schmid | Blackwood
NYI: Sorokin | tbd
NYR: Shesterkin | tbd
PHI: Hart | Sandstrom*
PIT: tbd | DeSmith
WSH: Kuemper | Lindgren

Only a handful of teams will be in the market for a #1 this offseason. LA could re-sign Korpisalo. San Jose and Chicago probably wouldn't want to give up a big asset for a Swayman. Ottawa and Pittsburgh might rather try the UFA scrap heap.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
As is the Bruins have about $5 million to sign 5 forwards and Swayman next year.

They will be competing with about a dozen other teams including the Oilers and Leafs to dump their overpaid players on a handful of teams.

Good luck Sweeney.
Who are the overpaid players that the Oilers will be trying to dump?

Campbell obviously, but that's not going to happen as there's 4 years left on that deal.

I don’t believe you can consider any player overpaid that realistically could get moved on that team

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Doubt 4 gets it done. I would offer 6 or so. Koktaniemi type offer. Re-sign long term with us later.

Swayman should be worth the first round pick. We have bunch of extra first so can spare one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Boston might trade Swayman to load up for another run next year.

If the Jets sell off Helle and all, then I could see a half retained Dubois going to Boston for Swayman.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think Boston might trade Swayman to load up for another run next year.

If the Jets sell off Helle and all, then I could see a half retained Dubois going to Boston for Swayman.

Bruins have no need for another LW with Pastrnak and Debrusk.

Plus no room to take back any salary if Swayman is getting dealt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad