Player Discussion: Tanner Jeannot

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You must be a WAY better scout than JBB and his group
Perhaps JBB but not his scout. But I can evaluate the value strengths of young guys after seeing them a couple years moved up and down the lineup. Just as I poopooed ABB a career AHLer. I am not right all the time for sure but like most I do not develop opinion from looking at box scores. Not just looking at how fast a guy skates. Take Matheau Joseph for instance. That guy has speed to burn but not much else. Then there’s Cirelli who is very talented but being played in the wrong way. Since Dec 1 he has effectively killed both Killorn and Paul’s scoring Stammer also had to be moved up with Kuch and Point to get that 500 monkey off his back.

No I’m not a GM or. NHL head coach but I have played and coached the game. I am granted the freedom to gave opinion as well and at times I should keep it to myself I know because people s favorites are taboo to critize.

I hope every player on this team succeeds except Perry I have not liked that guy for the better part of two decades.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Perhaps JBB but not his scout. But I can evaluate the value strengths of young guys after seeing them a couple years moved up and down the lineup. Just as I poopooed ABB a career AHLer. I am not right all the time for sure but like most I do not develop opinion from looking at box scores. Not just looking at how fast a guy skates. Take Matheau Joseph for instance. That guy has speed to burn but not much else. Then there’s Cirelli who is very talented but being played in the wrong way. Since Dec 1 he has effectively killed both Killorn and Paul’s scoring Stammer also had to be moved up with Kuch and Point to get that 500 monkey off his back.

No I’m not a GM or. NHL head coach but I have played and coached the game. I am granted the freedom to gave opinion as well and at times I should keep it to myself I know because people s favorites are taboo to critize.

I hope every player on this team succeeds except Perry I have not liked that guy for the better part of two decades.
You had me until the end.

A good coach does not want a guy to not succeed on his team. Clouded judgment..

I hate Marchand but if he was here you bet your ass I'd be at the glass with a cheese hat on and his jersey.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You had me until the end.

A good coach does not want a guy to not succeed on his team. Clouded judgment..

I hate Marchand but if he was here you bet your ass I'd be at the glass with a cheese hat on and his jersey.
I get it but there are players I will never pull for. Perry is one Shattenkirk was another Sidney Crosby another and yes Marchand is another. I never liked Chris Chelios Chris Pronger or Jerome Ignila all for different reasons.

I guess you would be ok to have Tom Wilson and could ignore is dirty crap as long as he scored a few goals. Perry is not all that much different than Wilson both are dirty players . I guess it makes a difference if he’s our dirty player.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I get it but there are players I will never pull for. Perry is one Shattenkirk was another Sidney Crosby another and yes Marchand is another. I never liked Chris Chelios Chris Pronger or Jerome Ignila all for different reasons.

I guess you would be ok to have Tom Wilson and could ignore is dirty crap as long as he scored a few goals. Perry is not all that much different than Wilson both are dirty players . I guess it makes a difference if he’s our dirty player.
....yes... I hate Wilson but whoever dawns the jersey is part of the team. Doesn't mean I'm a fan of the player. It's about the team. Perry isn't even comparable to Wilson.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
....yes... I hate Wilson but whoever dawns the jersey is part of the team. Doesn't mean I'm a fan of the player. It's about the team. Perry isn't even comparable to Wilson.
You really think so huh. Take a look at YouTube about Perry’s dirty play in the past. There is a difference in being a pest Marchand is a pest I do not consider him a cheap shot artistically. Perry was a crap shit guy in Anaheim for a long time. Why I have no idea because he has always had the skill he and Geztlaf and Teemu back in the day were as good as our first line now.

As for the team well I would not put too much into Perry being a team man he has shopped teams trying to get one more cup.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Did you like Steve Downie for example? He was a fan favorite here although a real POS on the ice objectively.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I loooove the dirtbags.

That's part of the reason I have so much affection for Kucherov.

Saskyboy

Apr 27, 2021
Decent game by Tanner today. Has two points in three games. Not sure what Stillman thinks he’s doing trying to fight him. Tanner is one of the toughest guys in the league. Stillman found that out the hard way.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ok, he's a keeper.
Had a moment where I was legit concerned for Stillman here. And just after this video cuts, Jannot leaned in, seemingly (at least to me) to check on him.

It's good that Corey Perry isn't the guy sticking up for everybody now. I mean, kudos to Perry for doing it, but he shouldn't have to be THAT guy for a team as obnoxious as ours. (He's better at being the most obnoxious of the bunch.)

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
jeannotKOsmaller.gif

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
If he plays like that for the rest of the year, I'll feel a lot better about the assets we gave. Loved his game from the first shift.
You can see him getting more and more comfortable on the ice every single game.

I definitely see why JBB pushed to get him. If he finds his offensive game (2 apples in his first 3 games isn't bad at all) to add to his physical element, he's gonna be an absolute gem for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad