HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
No way we catch up Columbus at this point but it doesn't matter. 5th should be good enough. Not much difference between drafting 5th and 7th.
??? Chances are you will end up with a different player, that's a world of difference.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
??? Chances are you will end up with a different player, that's a world of difference.
It's only good if the players taken before you bomb or the player you select has a sleepy progression curve about to awake.
I am in no way stressed out about this draft like I was last year. Not landing in the top four was a fail in my eyes.
Let the chips fall where they will and trust that providence will land us the best player for our rebuild including winning the lottery.

Reactions: Rozz

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It's only good if the players taken before you bomb or the player you select has a sleepy progression curve about to awake.
I am in no way stressed out about this draft like I was last year. Not landing in the top four was a fail in my eyes.
Let the chips fall where they will and trust that providence will land us the best player for our rebuild including winning the lottery.

Me neither, but i will be stress alot on lottery night, if only the hockey gods would land us Celebrity

Reactions: Rozz and Rapala

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

The way the top of the draft is shaping up right now, it's not gonna matter much. The "only" difference is you get more choices to chose from the earlier you pick. But in the end, most kids between 2 and 8 are interchangeable.

The only one I don't think falls to 5-7 is Demidov but that means we need to win the 2nd pick anyways.

I'm still not sure with Lindstrom considering his injury.

Reactions: Rozz and Rapala

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
As expected, Seattle game in ice cold and Grubauer should have been pulled after the 2nd goal. So we are now a full 2 pts up on what our projection is, won't have an opportunity to catch that back up unless we lose in regulation to Philadelphia and TB next week. There is room for more points that projected, so it's not bad right now.

OpponentsExpected ResultActual Result
NSH; CAR; TORW; L; LW; L; L
CBJ; BOS; CGYW; L; OTLW; OTL; L
EDM; VANL; LOTL; L
SEA; COL; PHI; CAROTL; L; OTL; LW;
FLA; TB; TORL; OTL; L
NYR; PHI; NYI; OTTL; OTL; OTL; W
DET; DETW; L
Expected PointsActual Points
5 pts7 pts
Isn't the above expected 6, and actual 8?

Reactions: Rapala and Leto

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
8 straight games against teams in playoff positions. Gotta load up the L's here to make sure we finish below Ottawa, and hopefully Arizona too.
For sure, but when that dang puck drops, it’s Go Habs Go until the end of the game!

Reactions: Runner77

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I feel like Columbus is due for a hot streak to finish the year :naughty:

In any case I feel like they're going D anyways with their pick. They just went Fantili last year, they gotta even it out.

Reactions: Rozz and montreal

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I'm assuming we're cheering for a Coyote's OT win against the Blue Jackets tonight. Passing Columbus is seeming pretty unlikely.
I don't mind the result of that game. Either Arizona passes us in the standings or Columbus gets within 4 pts*. All teams were are fighting for have the tiebreaker over us so a tie would put us behind them.

*Assuming MTL loses tonight but you never know.

The other game I am following is Edmonton-Winnipeg. Things are getting interesting with Nashville being only 5 pts back. Them passing the Jets would put Winnipeg in a wild card position.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Here's the deal we have 5 or 6 games against teams who can coast at any time maybe 5 Tampa aren't home free.
If there is anything we have learned the last couple of seasons this will happen it's just to what extent.
Are we going to be facing a Detroit fighting for their lives or a Detroit that is totally crushed.
I haven't looked at any of the other teams around us but they will be in the same boat.
Who wants to play spoiler and who DGAF. My advice at this time of year is stay away from Bet 99.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Detroit Washington can have huge indirect ramifications for tanking teams.
Particularly if Washington wins and nudges Detroit closer to the post season window closed position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad