OT: THE OT Thread: Grass mowing szn is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Been a weird kinda week for me. My good friend who lives in BC that I've known since grade 9 has cancer. She has stage 4 brain cancer and it's her 2nd bout with it. She's definitely fighting tooth and nail.

I saved some guys life last night. I was outside my apartment complex having a smoke & he came up to me, tears in his eyes & started apologizing for all the things he did in his life. I didn't know him. Sat with him for a good hour, he said his plan was after the conversation to walk infront of a semi. I've never seen someone that low before. I asked him if he needed a hug and gave him one. I could feel how, like, empty and finished he was. Definitely could tell he was defeated. He was walking barefoot down the street so I asked if he wanted a pair of old shoes I had. He declined. Called an ambulance and they took him to a hospital in the city.

The 20th of this month is the 3rd year anniversary of my good buddy who passed away suddenly after a long battle with alcoholism and drug addiction.

to end on a good note.. There's a cat who has been visiting outside my complex the last week that looks like he's an outdoor guy. I've been sharing tuna with him & he's been cuddling me.
That is tough.

I hope everything works out for your friend and I hope the cat gives you some comfort.

So, our dog isn't doing great. He has been moving slowly the past day or so and seems like he is in a lot of pain.

He has outlived his uncle/brother that we had to put down due to kidney disease a few years ago. They got my wife through her really bad breakup from a 10+ year relationship. I know it will be really hard for her when we have to put Frankie down.

The worst part about pets are that we outlive them the vast majority of time.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
That is tough.

I hope everything works out for your friend and I hope the cat gives you some comfort.

So, our dog isn't doing great. He has been moving slowly the past day or so and seems like he is in a lot of pain.

He has outlived his uncle/brother that we had to put down due to kidney disease a few years ago. They got my wife through her really bad breakup from a 10+ year relationship. I know it will be really hard for her when we have to put Frankie down.

The worst part about pets are that we outlive them the vast majority of time.
Hope your pup is feeling better, my older dog (turned 13 in February) has been up/down in the last 3-4 months. Past week or so he has been feeling great

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hope your pup is feeling better, my older dog (turned 13 in February) has been up/down in the last 3-4 months. Past week or so he has been feeling great
He is a miniature dachshund, so back issues are common. He has this issue from time to time and the prescription is largely plenty of crate rest until he feels better. The challenge is getting him to be ok with the crate rest.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
On the job hunt front, Nate is allegedly heading to a local garage that is looking for help today. My wife got the lead after posting to a FB group for our town. Looking at the garage's FB page, it looks like a place that would be fun for him to work at as they like to help people fix up vintage cars.

That would be more fun than the oil change place he has talked to.

The 21-year-old Arsenal striker is in the midst of a breakout season on loan with Reims in Ligue 1. His 19 goals are tied for fifth-best in the French top division. Going into this discussion, Balogun was eligible to play for three different national teams: the U.S., where he was born; England, where he was raised; and Nigeria, the country where his parents were born. The U.S. saw Balogun as a potential game-changer at a No. 9 position that was a problem spot in the last World Cup cycle.

The one time national team switch stuff is always entertaining.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
TGIF even though it is going to be a long weekend. Leaving work at 2 and then driving to Michigan for my cousin’s memorial who passed last week. 41 is way too ****ing young.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I can't wait for Jesse to go from being hailed as a massive upgrade over Triple G to a being called a failed hire that was yet another poor choice of a former USMNT player.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
NYSSMA weekend. Two kids, 2 gradings, and a combined 4 other performances and 1 audition over a 2.5 week span. Nothing like this time of year.

TGIF even though it is going to be a long weekend. Leaving work at 2 and then driving to Michigan for my cousin’s memorial who passed last week. 41 is way too ****ing young.

Damn. That's brutal MM. My condolences.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Thanks everyone. The drive wasn't bad minus the major slow downs around Hamilton and then the driving rain the last 10 miles. Not going to lie, a little weird traveling w/o my wife and/or kids. It doesn't happen often. MY wife really wished she would have been able to make the trip but it wasn't possible.

The crazy thing is my hotel doesn't have ESPN so gotta watch on my computer.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Thanks everyone. The drive wasn't bad minus the major slow downs around Hamilton and then the driving rain the last 10 miles. Not going to lie, a little weird traveling w/o my wife and/or kids. It doesn't happen often. MY wife really wished she would have been able to make the trip but it wasn't possible.

The crazy thing is my hotel doesn't have ESPN so gotta watch on my computer.

Glad you made it there safely, Mike. Again, my condolences.

Reactions: Mike McDermott

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1684720367323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad