Trouble brewing for Coffey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Just read on twitter that the man with the turban was being removed by security and Coffey did the motion to help them identify him. So , it's BS how things get twisted.

Yup, and if so (in the sense of it being malicious), in this day of constant cell phone availability and people filming absolutely everything, no one bothered to film that? Come on

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Unsubstantiated twitter rumour that appears to also have an equally unsubstantiated but legitimate explanation...

This is the Hockey News reporting it with no source and then a 7th grader writing his own article for Oiler's Daily based on that info. The Hockey News itself is kind of a rag now anyways

Obviously if Coffey did in fact do some racist gesture on the bench to a fan then punish him, but it defies logic in a few ways that he would 1) actually do that 2)it had a racist intention and 3) it hasn't already been found on some footage from the game

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Coming in peace because Coffey was one of my favorite players.

Need I remind everyone of the Subban/Panetta debacle? Wasn't that long ago. That poor kid's life was ruined because PK went on a witch hunt.

People need to calm the f*** down before jumping to conclusions.

The woke professionally offended Twitter mob is always on the hunt.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I get my hair cut where a lot of the Oilers go. Coffey is a frequent there and all I heard was how he's the nicest guy in the world.

Not that it should matter but it's a place owned by all brown Muslim men and coffey goes there by choice obviously.

Just a little something that doesn't add up. Not sure why some vague Twitter nonsense is being given the light of day.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I get my hair cut where a lot of the Oilers go. Coffey is a frequent there and all I heard was how he's the nicest guy in the world.

Not that it should matter but it's a place owned by all brown Muslim men and coffey goes there by choice obviously.

Just a little something that doesn't add up. Not sure why some vague Twitter nonsense is being given the light of day.

Probably the only reason was he did get sanctioned for remarks while coaching in a minor league (I don't really recall the specifics)

But yeah, unless this makes it to a hockey news outlet that isn't pure clickbait shite (include The Hockey News), it's a nothingburger

Reactions: oilers'72

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Professional sports are big money and society has gotten soft.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

Even if Coffey was a racist I doubt he'd be that stupid to do something like that during a playoff game, with all the cameras and attention.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I bet it was one of two things:

1 - he made a "psycho" gesture rotating his finger around his temple

2 - to identify the fan to boot out, he pointed at his head as to say "guy with the turban"

Neither racist, but I'm sure they'll find some way to spin it that way regardless of the reality of the event if anything even occurred in the first place.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
My question is, Coffey is generally facing the ice. So what drew his attention to face the crowd and identify this guy as the source of the issue?

As usual, the The Woke & Accountability Tribunal Society (or TWATS) is looking to kill a man’s reputation and career over partial facts but act and will convince others of the same brainwashed mindset these are all the facts.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
My question is, Coffey is generally facing the ice. So what drew his attention to face the crowd and identify this guy as the source of the issue?

As usual, the The Woke & Accountability Tribunal Society (or TWATS) is looking to kill a man’s reputation and career over partial facts but act and will convince others of the same brainwashed mindset these are all the facts.
LOL

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Even if Coffey was a racist I doubt he'd be that stupid to do something like that during a playoff game, with all the cameras and attention.
Yeah let's go through the logic. Oilers winning the game and for some reason coffey can't control himself and just turns around and starts making "racial hand gestures" just for the sake of it.

You'll notice all these eye witnesses when asked to explain what they saw... What these gestures were refuse to do so. Why? Because it's "yeah its him points at his head" could do the same if he wore glasses or a hat.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You should be embarrassed for making this post and actually believing that he's "under investigation" from the only source being a source that isn't an actual source. This dumb ass website you linked just copy pasted 3 tweets from fans and made a claim that he's under investigation, which oddly enough hasn't been posted by any real source. Stop being an ass hat and posting garbage like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad