Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 19th and 31st overall picks

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Knicks likely already have a deal with OG in place since trade went down. This news stories are just part of negotiations.

Raps should be in full rebuild mode, not quick fixes.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Looking around at the crazy young talent in these NBA playoffs and just in general I find it hard to believe short of a future draft miracle that the Raptors compete for a championship again. Like ever. We will just be a feeder team for contenders to poach players from.

Reactions: thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Looking around at the crazy young talent in these NBA playoffs and just in general I find it hard to believe short of a future draft miracle that the Raptors compete for a championship again. Like ever. We will just be a feeder team for contenders to poach players from.
Masai screwed up pretty large. He should have got max value back for everyone he could once Kawai left.

@Bjindaho

Very good point below.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The one the Marlies play out of with the option to move to Scotiabank for select games.
By select games you mean only when Caitlin Clark is in town , am i rite :naughty:

Screenshot_2024-05-20-15-53-28~2.png

(fill in the blank)

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
What exactly was the compatibility concern between OG and Scottie? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

A conscientious defender at the forward spot is a glaring need on this roster. Kinda exactly what OG is. And I mean, sheesh, that starting five would stack up just fine league wise I think…..no?
The compatibility concern was entirely Siakam and Scottie. They were trying to play the same position.

If the Raps had:

IQ - Barrett - OG - Barnes - Poetl as a starting unit

with

Signee/Draft Pick - Dick - Agbaji/Draft Pick - Olynyk - Draft Pick

they'd be in much better shape for next year

Reactions: phillipmike

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
That’s an extreme side to take.

Think back to the 2000s, 2010s when we were a feeder team and it was impossible to ever see ourselves as championship contenders. Stars would leave. The Canadian stigma was strong.

Yet the unlikely happened. The raptors became a team that consistently made the playoffs, had a winning culture, and actually won a championship. It really happened crazy as it may seem.

Saying it can never happen again seems overly negative. It can.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
That’s an extreme side to take.

Think back to the 2000s, 2010s when we were a feeder team and it was impossible to ever see ourselves as championship contenders. Stars would leave. The Canadian stigma was strong.

Yet the unlikely happened. The raptors became a team that consistently made the playoffs, had a winning culture, and actually won a championship. It really happened crazy as it may seem.

Saying it can never happen again seems overly negative. It can.
Not to mention how much the sport has grown here since and how much Canadian talent there is now. One of those guys will come home. Hell, RJ already made his way here within 5 years of being drafted.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Anyone else looking forward to the finals? To me, this is the most interesting final in some time. That's partly because I'm a big fan of Luka, for years I've been wishing his supporting cast was good enough to go deep and now they've done it. And of course I don't want Boston to win, I want Boston to lose almost as much as I want Dallas to win so I'm emotionally invested in this one for sure.

A friend of mine who knows a lot more about the NBA than I do says that if Boston blows them out in a game then that's that but if the game is close, Dallas should win most of the time. Makes sense to me, Boston has a bit of a rep for choking but with the game coming down to the last minute (or the last shot), Luka and Kyrie are both guys I would have full confidence in to come through in those big moments.

Hoping for a good (good meaning close ;)) game tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad