GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I’d bench Lauzon if im the preds coach there.

I’d be infuriated

Reactions: Red

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
For as much as they’re targetting Hughes, Zadorov has clearly been targetting Josi, too. It’s been almost automatic

Reactions: Szechwan

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
This is nothing to do with the playoffs with Pettersson.

This is what we saw all year. This is what we saw when he quit on the team for all of 2021.
I think it has to do with expectations and stress which are features of both getting a huge extension and getting into his first real NHL playoffs. I agree that it seems he responds similarly to that pressure no matter its source (poorly), but I don't think this is something he can't work through. As you say, we already did see him struggle once before and come out of it breaking through into his best play ever. I think he'll adjust and normalize.

Reactions: quat and mossey3535

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Petey wanted to play for a winner. Management built a very solid team around him. The main problem is, now Petey isn't playing like a winner himself. If he was, this team would be a contender.

Reactions: B-rock

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I don't know. There are clearly expectations, similar to the Rangers. Look how they struggled and didn't do anything in the playoffs until this season. Maybe it takes time? I have no idea whats up with Pettersson.
Yeah but even they weren't putting less than 20 shots on net a game. I've honestly never seen something like this. I have no doubt the guys showed up, it's just a complete inability.

Reactions: B-rock and quat

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm tired of the excuses for him. There comes a point when the excuses run out, and a pattern starts to emerge.
That time was the moment he signed the contract.

Nucks would be up 3-0 if he was earning his current one.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't know. There are clearly expectations, similar to the Rangers. Look how they struggled and didn't do anything in the playoffs until this season. Maybe it takes time? I have no idea whats up with Pettersson.

Rangers made the conference finals two years ago

Reactions: quat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad