• Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
It feels like two years in a row we fail the same way. And we aren't that far from succeeding, just two games ago it was 1-1 with our home advantage. Now we need to win 3 in a row and Nuke fks off just like last year. We can still win but it's hard now. We basically need to not fall behind in score in any of the three games. Stars are good at trapping, but if they have to push for goals then we'll have more opportunities.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
It feels like two years in a row we fail the same way. And we aren't that far from succeeding, just two games ago it was 1-1 with our home advantage. Now we need to win 3 in a row and Nuke fks off just like last year. We can still win but it's hard now. We basically need to not fall behind in score in any of the three games. Stars are good at trapping, but if they have to push for goals then we'll have more opportunities.
We're cooked bruv

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
There is little chance the Avs take the next three games and if they do it will be the central arc in a documentary about a legendary run in a decade or two. The team is done this year and changes have to be made while MacKinnon can still play at a top level.

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
We can still win but it's hard now.

I really like your optimism, i really do. But my friend, this one is over.

Expect a blow-out on Wednesday and be done with it for this year.

That russian player, who decided to f*** his team 2 years in a row, was the final blow, beside Toews and his concussion.

2 blows within hours of puck-drop finally killed this team and locker.

Whoever says that this doesnt affect a team is an ignorant idiot.

I have never seen a team getting f***ed this way for 2 years in a row.

But, to be honest and fair, we are also outplayed and outsmarted in a bad way. Yeah, i am looking at you, Coach Bednar. DeBoer is ripping you another one.

Vegas-Series 2.0. But this time we are playing way more like dogshit.

To sum it up: This series is a Suicide with announcement.

Last year we bascially gave up at TDL and accepted that it wasnt our year.

This year CMac went all in, had a very good TDL and gave this team a chance to go for it. And then some players showed that they dont really care, another player decides to f*** his teammates and club again.......

I really hope CMac and Sakic finally put away their niceness. And Bednar starts to hold some players accountable and sit them. Whoever it might be. Core player or not.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Yup, not gonna lie this one hurts a lot. Last year I was mostly apathetic given the long emotional Cup win the year before and how we didn't go "all in" at the deadline. But this year, it really felt different. Mackinnon's Hart season, Makars steller round 1, great deadline moves, knowing Landeskog was around and practicing with the team. I really started to believe and have hope. Losing that hope is the worst thing as a sports fan.

Game 1 feels like a lifetime ago now, how this team can completely fall apart in less then a week feels like a nightmare. Literally 3 games of no push back at all. The locker room is absolutely in shambles. The Nuke news is devastating. We all loved his comeback story and know he is a unicorn of a player. Impossible to replace. To have him pull this stunt twice during the heart of our championship window is such a gut punch. Never felt anything like this during my 20+ years as Avs fan.

Losing a series like this is so much worse then a good hard fought 7 game series. You just know this'll lead to major changes from the core or front office which saddens me because on paper this team has it talent wise. I can't get excited for the off-season because this series is revealing that we have major issues and question marks all over the roster. And we know the cap crunch is getting tighter this year.

Sorry for this mini rant, but just feeling some type of way. What a horrible 24 hrs as a fan of this team and I'm not including the Toews news which is infuriating as well.

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Yup, not gonna lie this one hurts a lot. Last year was I was mostly apathetic given the long emotional Cup win the year before and how we didn't go "all in" at the deadline. But this year, it really felt different. Mackinnon's Hart season, Makars steller round 1, great deadline moves, knowing Landeskog was around and practicing with the team. I really started to believe and have hope. Losing that hope is the worst thing as a sports fan.

Game 1 feels like a lifetime ago now, how this team can completely fall apart in less then a week feels like a nightmare. Literally 3 games of no push back at all. The locker room is absolutely in shambles. The Nuke news is devastating. We all loved his comeback story and know he is a unicorn of a player. Impossible to replace. To have him pull this stunt twice during the heart of our championship window is such a gut punch. Never felt anything like this during my 20+ years as Avs fan.

Losing a series like this is so much worse then a good hard fought 7 game series. You just know this'll lead to major changes from the core or front office which saddens me because on paper this team has it talent wise. I can't get excited for the off-season because this series is revealing that we have major issues and question marks all over the roster. And we know the cap crunch is getting tighter this year. Sorry for this mini rant, but just feeling some type of way. What a horrible 24 hrs as a fan of this team and I'm not including the Toews new which is infuriating as well.
I would say the perfect summary.

After Game 1 in Winnipeg everyone thought Georgiev will be our downfall. That guy got his shit together. Its our "core" and "leaders", beside that drug-head from russia, who sank this ship.

That's the punch line of the season. :laugh:

Last edited:

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I think the hockey gods were not planning for the Avs to win the 2022 cup but the St Louis Blues fans/Binnington tipped the scales to make that happen

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
This one hurts man. I feel so bad for MacKinnon. He was dialed in all year.

How can you feel sorry for him? He gave up on the team starting from the 3rd period of last game, after he moped his way to the bench in the middle of a PP. That shit just carried over to game 4 and he went through the motions for another 60 minutes tonight.

It’s actually embarrassing that he might win the Hart.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I really like your optimism, i really do. But my friend, this one is over.

Expect a blow-out on Wednesday and be done with it for this year.

That russian player, who decided to f*** his team 2 years in a row, was the final blow, beside Toews and his concussion.

2 blows within hours of puck-drop finally killed this team and locker.

Whoever says that this doesnt affect a team is an ignorant idiot.

I have never seen a team getting f***ed this way for 2 years in a row.

But, to be honest and fair, we are also outplayed and outsmarted in a bad way. Yeah, i am looking at you, Coach Bednar. DeBoer is ripping you another one.

Vegas-Series 2.0. But this time we are playing way more like dogshit.

To sum it up: This series is a Suicide with announcement.

Last year we bascially gave up at TDL and accepted that it wasnt our year.

This year CMac went all in, had a very good TDL and gave this team a chance to go for it. And then some players showed that they dont really care, another player decides to f*** his teammates and club again.......

I really hope CMac and Sakic finally put away their niceness. And Bednar starts to hold some players accountable and sit them. Whoever it might be. Core player or not.
This team at their best can do it. We've seen how good they can be. Odds are low now, but they're still there. I give us 10-20%. BTW I agree that the Nuke situation has had a huge negative mental impact on the team.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
and then disappeared in the playoffs

More like was neutralized because Dallas game planned entirely around shutting MacKinnon down. Mittlestadt has been a complete non-threat this postseason outside of a few games against WPG.

Letting Kadri walk was the worst decision management has made with this core. The Avs were never the same after losing both Kadri and Landy.

Reactions: GeoRox89

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
More like was neutralized because Dallas game planned entirely around shutting MacKinnon down. Mittlestadt has been a complete non-threat this postseason outside of a few games against WPG.

Letting Kadri walk was the worst decision management has made with this core. The Avs were never the same after losing both Kadri and Landy.
Just because Mitts doesn't shoot the puck a lot, does not mean he has not been a threat. Dude has 8 points in 9 games while playing excellent defensive hockey. He has only not put up a point in 3 games. Which is the same as Makar and only 1 less than MacK and Rants. For guys who have played the majority of the playoffs, he is 2nd in xGF/60 only behind Lehky. He leads the team in slot passes by a mile. Along with all of this, he was one of a few to actually give a shit last night.

There are many things to take from this postseason (most of them negative), and one of them is Mitts is clearly a gamer.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island

This!!

He was neutralized in the jets series too, the whole 1st line

Reactions: Bensch88

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Just because Mitts doesn't shoot the puck a lot, does not mean he has not been a threat. Dude has 8 points in 9 games while playing excellent defensive hockey. He has only not put up a point in 3 games. Which is the same as Makar and only 1 less than MacK and Rants. For guys who have played the majority of the playoffs, he is 2nd in xGF/60 only behind Lehky. He leads the team in slot passes by a mile. Along with all of this, he was one of a few to actually give a shit last night.

There are many things to take from this postseason (most of them negative), and one of them is Mitts is clearly a gamer.
Agreed. Overall they got the right guys IMO. The problem was doubling down with Nuke after last season and they lost. I really wanted him traded after all of that. Love the player, hate how it worked out. I do hope for the best for him but he can't be an Avalanche player in the future. They gave him a fair shake and getting it together, they've been supportive of their players. In some ways over supportive IMO. Time to move on from this though. Gotta be a bit more cut throat to get the win.

It's time to move on from Rants and Nuke though.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I don't know how anyone watched these playoffs and thinks Mittelstadt was the issue....
Since they likely don't blow this roster up you've got these guys to work with long term based on age, contract, and ability:

- MacK
- Makar
- Rants
- Toews
- Landy
- Mitts
- Wood

Rants being the biggest wild card if they decided to do something big.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Next week I'm going to be in Florida on the gulf side with my oldest friend and his family. We were so excited to be watching Avs games together but oh well

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Agreed. Overall they got the right guys IMO. The problem was doubling down with Nuke after last season and they lost. I really wanted him traded after all of that. Love the player, hate how it worked out. I do hope for the best for him but he can't be an Avalanche player in the future. They gave him a fair shake and getting it together, they've been supportive of their players. In some ways over supportive IMO. Time to move on from this though. Gotta be a bit more cut throat to get the win.

It's time to move on from Rants and Nuke though.
Have to see what the CBA allows the Avs to do. At this point Avs really can't count on him.

As for the series, they have been chasing it the entire way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
he's more a gamer than a game breaker. Stud for these types of games no doubt.
IDK... Johnston looks like a future elite player. Has every tool you could really want in a high end center... and is showing every bit the development to get there. It would not shock me at all for him to turn into the next high end 2 way guy like Bergeron or Barkov. And I think Johnston has legit 40-45 goal ability in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad