GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Canucks need to start the game pretending they are down by 2. Whole playoff they don’t start playing decent until the 3rd period

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
Yup. Stars are an out of sight out of mind kind of team. They can go 82-0 and a lot of hockey people wouldnt bother talking about them.

Their games on TV are crazy too. Super loud fans, and an oddly low camera angle.
Good call, very underrated home crowd.

Always impressed by how engaged/dialed in they are for random November games

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Makes sense since he played for Oilers. I never knew his name, but googled him now.

A for Bieksa, he's awesome. I love when he makes semi-inappropriate quips or light jabs. And then he kind of smirks and the camera cuts away. You can tell he's the type of guy who if wanted to talk hockey off camera at a pub, he'd just say something like..... "that guy f***ing sucked when I played against him" lol
Gazdic also played with a lot of current Oilers. I dont think he hides it at all.. Or tries to. How many Canucks are there from Bieksas last season there what... 8 or 9 years ago? Makes it a bit easier.

But I like Bieksa better off the ice :)

Reactions: crazychimp

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
Lots of ppl on the Vancouver boards saying Petterson should be scratched and Black Ace Phil Kessel activated.

Personally I think that’s going too far, but lots of ppl are saying it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Lots of ppl on the Vancouver boards saying Petterson should be scratched and Black Ace Phil Kessel activated.

Crazy talk. I think they should try Naslund with the Sedins next game.

Only way to maybe beat that Pronger pairing.

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Huh? As in the free agent who was likely noshing on hot dogs tonight? Ain't nobody activating anything on him except maybe a defibrillator.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Well if *I* was a Canuck fan I would be even more worried than that
Since we all can't speak for, but like to think we know exactly how our teams feel, Ill lean on evidence and history.

The rally cry summed up in one word for the canucks all year has been resilient. No loss, no matter who it is, feels good. They can lie, say move on etc, onto next game, but if you've ever played or done anything competitively, you know it stews.

Thats why I feel the oil came out hitting every damn thing in sight. They knew the noise, they wanted to prove otherwise.

My point being is, canucks literally have done exactly the same damn thing all yr. Win lose, game in game out, when fans and media bitch about whose doing this, why this isn't working, they just do what they do. And it's gotten them this far.

No team ever wants to be down in a game, but they've shown they can play about as well as a beer league team and still turn up the dial make it interesting. On the other end, when they go full NHL94 Easy mode to start a game and get the lead, the do the same damn turtle and protect it well enough to win, even against all the ppl who watch them and can see it and point it out say to change.

Sorry for the long essay, I just feel some instances from both sides of the series are really just trolling to get attn.

Both teams are good. They've proven that by their records, and getting to this point. It was never going to be easy. Even if one swept the other, guaranteed, whoever moves on, will be beaten down, and will have to find that inner, trade a left nut for just a chance at the next goal.

I won't speak for any other fans on my side, cuz I don't care. I don't generalize all your stupid and make u pay for it and blame you.

Also not calling you out, this was the post it landed on in a reload.

Again, gg, onto game 5, f*** you and the Oilers! 😁

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Huh? As in the free agent who was likely noshing on hot dogs tonight? Ain't nobody activating anything on him except maybe a defibrillator.
Kessel never signed bud
Ya. I had to google it now to see if he was actually on the roster. Nope.

As for Kessel, all I know is for a pudgy dude somehow he was a really fast skater!

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah.... They clenched. And the UCL tear I have hurts like f*** now from the fist pump lol
Lol! I went w a friend to game 1 here, and he just had hernia surgery. He said he was pretty sure he tore a stitch jumping ard and cheering! 😂

Enjoy the win, and the damn pain! 😂 See u gm5

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Oil need to have McDrai split. You need 1 of them on the ice for 50 mins as opposed to having them both on for 25 mins. I felt they played their best game of the series tonight

Reactions: Oilhawks and Dust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad