GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He still has time to turn it around, but so far he's been a no show. He's always been streaky but he needs to find a hot streak soon.
He's regressed back into what I used to say about him before this year. He's trying to make passes he has no business making, or dangles he has no business dangling.

He would be a very good 3rd liner if he would just accept the fact that he's a 3rd liner and stop trying to play like a 1st liner a lot of the time. Just needs to play in straight lines.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He's regressed back into what I used to say about him before this year. He's trying to make passes he has no business making, or dangles he has no business dangling.

He would be a very good 3rd liner if he would just accept the fact that he's a 3rd liner and stop trying to play like a 1st liner a lot of the time. Just needs to play in straight lines.
For sure he's a straight line player that should be playing like a bull in a china shop. His chaotic play is what makes him valuable.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Man I have never seen a coach dress down his players in a post game like the canucks coach. Is he always like that?
He actually never does. But they haven’t competed hard enough the last three games. Pettersson is a wet fart right now. Everybody waiting for someone else to come in and save the day. The Miller line, 4 of the D men and the Lindholm line have been fine. I can’t fault Tedy Blueger. So I’m on board with the Tocchet Rocket ripping into the team. This is the first time he’s played this card. Hopefully it sticks.

2-2 we got a series right now and we have some anger.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I never realized Nucks reporters were such homers until this series. Like you have TSN “reporter” Farhaan Lalji calling for 5 minutes for the dbl minor high stick on Hughes. And he talks about that play whilst completely ignoring the missed highstick on Hyman. Then he wants McDavid to be suspended as if that little love tap slash is anything close to the potential neck breaking cross check that Soucy threw.
And there was this one time at band camp……..

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Huh? It's been 4 games. Everyone guaranteed that the series would be over by now.

The Oilers are just sitting back waiting to see who their opponent will be in the Western Final right?

Right?

In reality the Oilers are watching game video of McWah and CrySadle complaining to the refs and analyzing diving techniques.

"ok team, watch how 29 pretends to get hit high and throw his head back! Everybody practice that move now!".
Stop playing the victim. Not many thought the Oilers would sweep Vancouver. It's true more people picked Edmonton, but not many thought a sweep was likely.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
I hear Pickard's jersey is going to be hung up in the rafters after that performance.

Never seen a goalie like him.

Don't your Flames have plenty of room for jerseys and banners in that crumbling dump?

Man I have never seen a coach dress down his players in a post game like the canucks coach. Is he always like that?

Talk-shit is going to lose the room pretty early next season. What a miserable goof

Reactions: McClelland

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Oilers actually decided to play defense this time, and it was still a 1 goal game. Now it's back to Van, and Tocchet is challenging the crew to bring it for next game, after a sub-par effort. Would love to see Van blitz them early, and the crowd really lay it on thick with Pickard heckles.

Go Canucks! Send those fraudulent PP merchants packing!

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Series can go either way still for sure. Canucks arguably have been outplayed the last 3 games, yet still finding ways to be right there anyways. Goaltending is absolutely making a massive difference this series on both sides.

I think the BO3 will be determined on goaltending and if Vancouver can consistently find their legs. When the Canucks are pushing the game tempo they look incredibly dangerous

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Canucks should consider themselves lucky not to be down 3-1 in the series. Perhaps that and their coach running out of patience for passengers will be enough motivation for them to put in a proper effort for the remainder of the series.

I think the two teams are relatively even but McDavid and Draisaitl are simply uncontainable whereas the Canucks player that is supposed to be near their level is putting on an embarrassing display.

I think the Canucks have the tools to win the series assuming they play like they can and there are no more laughable suspensions.

But for now Oilers have the edge and deservedly so.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
He actually never does. But they haven’t competed hard enough the last three games. Pettersson is a wet fart right now. Everybody waiting for someone else to come in and save the day. The Miller line, 4 of the D men and the Lindholm line have been fine. I can’t fault Tedy Blueger. So I’m on board with the Tocchet Rocket ripping into the team. This is the first time he’s played this card. Hopefully it sticks.

2-2 we got a series right now and we have some anger.
Pettersson got paid, now he can pull a Johnny Gaudreau and disappear.

I'd make fun of the contract, but my favourite team paid Darnell Nurse $9.25m/year and Jack Campbell $5m/year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad