GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We’ve already split away and as far as I’m concerned 1 goal lead is basically a tie going into the third. If you can limit them now this team tends to save its best for the win, so I’d be biting pillow if I was the Oilers.

Reactions: alternate

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Edmonton is blocking all the muffins from the point. The Canucks have to make the goalie go side to side

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Hronek has been awful. Can't hold the puck in on basic plays and consistently makes the wrong decisions. Incredibly hesitant signing him long term.

if he remains cheap, whatever. He skates back and gets the puck nice. isn't looking to be cheap though. offense is really struggling when it touches his stick.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
I think folks were hyping themselves up with Pickard coming in and expecting the Canucks to light him up like a Christmas tree and when that didn't happen, panic set in.

Oilers were going to go one of two routes, either losing their minds and getting emotional or bringing the play to the Canucks. They went with the latter approach, and now Vancouver needs to start the pushback.

They're starting to show signs of life, although holy crap Hronek that sure seemed a panic shot that I'd do in beer leagues, lmao.
Agreed. Oilers are playing better by balancing their lineup but the game is still there. We're killing ourselves with the poor execution and dead powerplays stopping us from building consistent momentum.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
1715742424833.png

1715742452033.png

Our key guys have been playing more, but lol @ Nurse 5th in icetime for defensemen. Seems Knobby is learning how to be a free elf.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
We've all been saying that, then he had that one play in the Preds series where he absolutely clapped the puck exactly perpendicular to the net.
Well, using his slapshot only very selectively would correlate with an injury. He’s probably afraid to aggravate something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad