GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
It's pretty sad that I feel an incredible amount of relief that the organization did the obvious thing and is starting Pickard.

Like JFC. It shouldn't be a relief that we don't make obviously poor choices relying on obviously incapable personnel. That should be baseline.
It seems that the coaches will keep the gang intact hoping for the best. But when our back is to the wall, well then we roll the dice with ( obvious and overdue) lineup changes.
Go Pickard! Go Oilers!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Drai is not that much better on line 2 than Nuge. We needed to trade for a winger to play with Drai and we didn't. With Nuge being a playoff no show you are now also dragging down line 1.

Start the offseason? We dominated the game and couldn't buy a save...

You also need to realize Drai is injured and won't be great on his own line.

So Drai is not better than Nuge on line 2 who in turn has been a no show.

Yeah ok. That makes no sense. Try again.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nuge doesn't have a playoff gear though, what we see is what we get. I even remember going to watch him in the playoffs in Red Deer and being pretty underwhelmed. Great reg season guy but way too soft for the playoffs.
He wasnt that bad with the Rebels. He had 13 points in 13 playoff games.

With the Oilers RNH has had 49 points in 57 playoff games. That certainly isnt terrible by any means.
Assuming he isnt injured...I think that he has it in him to step up.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Drai is not that much better on line 2 than Nuge. We needed to trade for a winger to play with Drai and we didn't. With Nuge being a playoff no show you are now also dragging down line 1.

Is Drai bad on the second line or is RNH a boat anchor?

Drai without RNH and McDavid: 77% xGF
Drai with RNH and without McDavid: 26% xGF

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
RNH-McDavid-Hyman was fine as is. Not going for Buch instead of Henrique was straight dumb.

To be fair, it could have worse. It could have been 1st for Sean Walker. 9 games 0 points lol
After the Tanev trade had passed, not going for Buch/ Guentzel to get a winger for Drai was one of if not the dumbest thing Holland has ever done.

In an "ALL in" year we strike out. This will most likely be what sinks us.

It's infuriating. It's frustrating,. It's flat out ridiculous

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
He wasnt that bad with the Rebels. He had 13 points in 13 playoff games.

With the Oilers RNH has had 49 points in 57 playoff games. That certainly isnt terrible by any means.
Assuming he isnt injured...I think that he has it in him to step up.
I'm just referring to a single Rebels game I went to but 13 points in 13 playoff games when you get drafted #1 overall is not good. Look at Leon and Connor's WHL and OHL playoff numbers, no comparison. At 31 I don't see Nuge upping his playoff game out of nowhere.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Holy smokes! I assume that’s at evens. Jeez I didn’t think Nugget has been that bad.

Maybe run:

93-97-18
37-29-91
55-71-90

For a period and see if you can get anything out of Nuge. If nothing, maybe go:

55-97-18
71-29-91
37-93-90

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm just referring to a single Rebels game I went to but 13 points in 13 playoff games when you get drafted #1 overall is not good. Look at Leon and Connor's WHL and OHL pkayoff numbers, no comparison. At 31 I don't see Nuge upping his playoff game out of nowhere.
It was a weak draft year when Nuge got taken at #1.

Just checked and Nuge actually has 10 playoff points in 8 games so far.
5th in team scoring and 1 point behind Hymen.
That surprised me because it seems like he has been very quiet.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

lol imagine posting this I felt embarrassed reading it. Drai not much better than nuge on on line 2 lol

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So Drai is not better than Nuge on line 2 who in turn has been a no show.

Yeah ok. That makes no sense. Try again.
Drai on a line with Holloway and Kane is not THAT much better than if Nuge was there.

I'm saying IMO an injured Drai is not that much better than Nuge on line 2 that we should break up the top line which completely dominated the game.

Playing mcdrai 27 mins a night is stupid AF I'll give you guys that.

Anyways my opinion doesn't matter because Knob split them up

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Marner is also up for a contract and the Leafs have also committed 24 million to Matthews and Nylander. He’s also a RW that doesn’t PK.

Completely different situation from Nuge and his 5.125…
That's exactly why nuge has some value. I mean he's now got after 3 straight playoff no show the marner knock so it's a bit too late at this point.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm just referring to a single Rebels game I went to but 13 points in 13 playoff games when you get drafted #1 overall is not good. Look at Leon and Connor's WHL and OHL playoff numbers, no comparison. At 31 I don't see Nuge upping his playoff game out of nowhere.
Draisaitl had 9 points in 9 games pre draft.

So, similar to RNH pre draft.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I can't imagine nuge playing with a fraction of the injuries drai insists on playing through.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
It was a weak draft year when Nuge got taken at #1.

Just checked and Nuge actually has 10 playoff points in 8 games so far.
5th in team scoring and 1 point behind Hymen.
That surprised me because it seems like he has been very quiet.
PP points.

Nuge does look to be more engaged on the wing. Maybe splitting Mcdrai with help get him more in the game.

He's also had bad luck. Hitting posts, just missing the net, etc

I do think that Nuge is overrated. Definitely not a playoff player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad