GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
1000050687.jpg

1000050686.jpg

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Game is in Edmonton.
If Skinner lets in a goal early it could get ugly with the hometown crowd.
Canucks need to come out hard and get the lead so Skinner starts to get flustered and his team loses confidence in him.
Don’t make it easy for him.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Game is in Edmonton.
If Skinner lets in a goal early it could get ugly with the hometown crowd
Canucks need to come out hard and get the lead so Skinner starts to get flustered and his team loses confidence in him.
I don’t think there is any confidence left to lose. It is a strange coaching decision to start the shaken Skinner

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
How on earth could a HC look at the performances of both goalies and determine Skinner is the better option? Sans Pickard being injured, that is an inexcusable decision. Fireable decision when Skinner stinks it up.

Even if Edmonton wins, it will be 4-3 or 5-4. Pickard's confidence is shaken from being benched for no good reason. Then, you face the possibility of Skinner vs Demko in game 7 on the road.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Insanity that Skinner gets the nod tonight. What bothers me most is that this is clearly some sort of signal that he’s meant to be their netminder of the future. Why else would you worry about if he loses his confidence?

McDavid isn’t blameless this series, but this decision sums up everything wrong with Oilers management from the start. Skinner would have let up 5-7 goals against the assault that Pickard withstood last game…or been pulled in the first period.

I’m officially at rock bottom this season.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh yeah, despite my overhwleming negativity at the roster.. we are winning tonight. This baby is going 7! I have not changed my vote once. I've said 7 from day 1!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m not sure it makes much difference who is in net. Skinner is fully capable of playing a decent game just like Pickard did last game.
Silovs has given the Canucks pretty much average goaltending which is impressive considering his experience but he’s not stealing games.
It will probably come down to which team plays better overall.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How on earth could a HC look at the performances of both goalies and determine Skinner is the better option? Sans Pickard being injured, that is an inexcusable decision. Fireable decision when Skinner stinks it up.

Even if Edmonton wins, it will be 4-3 or 5-4. Pickard's confidence is shaken from being benched for no good reason. Then, you face the possibility of Skinner vs Demko in game 7 on the road.

This must be some psychological mumbo jumbo thingy imho. Sometimes in elimination games coaches make some very risky lineup decisions that have major chances to backfire.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad