Buffalo Bills Week 13: Bills (7-4) v. Pats (7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
The Bills have actually been really good against the run this year other than a couple of games.

Yea, only the Colts and Titans RBs ran for more than 100 yards. Titans got it only with that 76 yard run that should have been called a hold.

Colts did it without Edmunds and Star. Totally different game if either of those 2 play.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I like dane a lot. He's not Tre, but I don't think he's gonna be a liability out there

I trust McDermott the most when it comes to CBs, and they were really high on Dane for a reason. Wallace just played well enough to win the CB2 job in preseason.

What sucks is losing Wildgoose just a couple weeks too soon, because he would be the obvious depth call up. Especially if he could have developed into a solid option.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Who is on other teams practice squads at CB or S or LB?
I'm free next Monday...

I think Jackson will be just fine against the second WRs. Wallace struggles with 2s WITH help over the top. I shudder to think what legit 1s will do. Hopefully McD and Frazier can cook something up to mask the loss. f*** this sucks

Reactions: kirby11

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm free next Monday...

I think Jackson will be just fine against the second WRs. Wallace struggles with 2s WITH help over the top. I shudder to think what legit 1s will do. Hopefully McD and Frazier can cook something up to mask the loss. f*** this sucks
QBs rarely looked Tre's way. He is the definition of elite. Huge loss. He's not replaceable.

There's always hope, though.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm free next Monday...

I agree about Wallace struggling the more I see of him. It truly should have been his coming out party this year, particularly given his pedigree. I think he's just mentally not equipped to be a number one. I mean the man has all the physical tangibles and metrics but being a shutdown corner requires a personality type that he does not possess.

That said, I actually am curious to see Jackson against NE's best next week. I think Frazier is a confident enough DC to try him at least a bit to get his feet wet. Jackson is big and he seems to have a bit more of an edge in the very limited time he's been out there compared to Wallace. I say let the guy go at it because the Cam Lewis hype on the Bills sub/r is stupid. Cam Lewis is a slot corner at best. Jackson has the raw tools to be a true corner.

Also, I will say this forever, the D-Line is our greatest asset for pass coverage now and the more they can do to help, the better. It's time for Rosseau to learn another move and for Hughes to start turning pressures into sacks. Oliver has done his part.

And if Star misses anymore games I hope we cut our losses. No wonder Carolina was so ready to move on. Incredible talent but he's of no value if he isn't playing.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I don’t know how anyone can say Wallace struggles with #2 receivers when the bills almost never have tre shadow a specific receiver…so Wallace is lined up against whichever receiver they put on his side all the time (I.e. frequently the #1).

Reactions: valet

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'm free next Monday...

I'm not concerned about Dane Jackson from what I've seen. My comments on opponent's practice squad pickup was to find a quality depth player so they don't limit their options to their own PS.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I agree about Wallace struggling the more I see of him. It truly should have been his coming out party this year, particularly given his pedigree. I think he's just mentally not equipped to be a number one. I mean the man has all the physical tangibles and metrics but being a shutdown corner requires a personality type that he does not possess.
Wallace is small and slow (for NFL CB standards). He doesn't possess any "physical talents and metrics" to be a number 1 corner. He actually gets by on his smarts and technique.

Dane Jackson isn't big either. I don't know where you are getting this stuff. He is 5'11 181 lbs and ran a 4.57. Wallace ran a 4.63 40.

Beane hasn't prioritized depth at the CB position and it is likely about to bite him.

Reactions: kirby11

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The Bills have actually been really good against the run this year other than a couple of games.
the only truly bad game was against the colts. even against the titans, if we get 1/3 holding penalties that occurred on the 75 yarder from henry called properly, he only has like 70 yards total

Reactions: tsujimoto74

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I don’t know how anyone can say Wallace struggles with #2 receivers when the bills almost never have tre shadow a specific receiver…so Wallace is lined up against whichever receiver they put on his side all the time (I.e. frequently the #1).
i think wallace has been good this year tbh. you look at his completion % against and he’s right up there with the best CBs in the league

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think Wallace and Jackson will more or less be fine, but losing White on the whole is just going to take a lot of the punch away from the defense. They're going to have to play a lot softer across the board. I'm mostly expecting a regression from very good to fine. The offense is going to have to win games.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
This is where see what adjustments Frasier can make. He can’t be expecting to gameplan like he did with Tre.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I think Wallace and Jackson will more or less be fine, but losing White on the whole is just going to take a lot of the punch away from the defense. They're going to have to play a lot softer across the board. I'm mostly expecting a regression from very good to fine. The offense is going to have to win games.
why would they have to play softer? white is the only guy missing. one CB isn’t gonna turn your elite defense into an average defense. it sucks that he’s done for the year, but it’s far from the end of the world imo

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
why would they have to play softer? white is the only guy missing. one CB isn’t gonna turn your elite defense into an average defense. it sucks that he’s done for the year, but it’s far from the end of the world imo
It absolutely can. Replacing one of the best corners in the league with a replacement level or worse player makes a huge difference. It means no more shading the defense to the opposite side. It means no longer having one safety free to move into the box at will to help with run defense. It means constantly having to worry about safety help over the top on both sides. It's a massive change. I think they can still be mostly good, but it's going to be a lot more bend but don't break.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
If the bills have to be concerned with the patriots, we have bigger problems. That is a decidedly average team that is well coached.

their offense is so incredibly vanilla and takes advantage of over aggressive coaches trying to take advantage of a young QB. Bills will be more disciplined.

the Titans are missing half their offense and they are a missed extra point and short field goal away from a half time lead.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Granted, the AFC has been drunk this entire year, so some teams could unexpectedly slip, but it really feels like we're gonna have to win the east to get in. Hopefully Tampa wakes up. I'm rooting for TEN because I think we'll split with NE.

Still ****ing disgusted that we lost to this sorry-ass steelers team week 1.

Reactions: Tachycineta

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Tennessee's made a ton of mistakes to be where they are, but everything New England's giving up is on the ground. Their pass defense is very good and we're going to have to be able to run the ball to keep the rush off Allen. Unfortunately we haven't been able to do that much this year.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Tennessee's made a ton of mistakes to be where they are, but everything New England's giving up is on the ground. Their pass defense is very good and we're going to have to be able to run the ball to keep the rush off Allen. Unfortunately we haven't been able to do that much this year.
If Henry was playing he would have 400 yards by now. This Pats D doesn’t look scary at all going against a team missing their top offensive weapons.

Their offense looks like the Bama offense Jones had. Throw a poor ball into space, let a receiver catch it and run.

That fumble by Tennesse on that long run may kill them. But this Pats team isn’t one any team in the NFL should be concerned about.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
All this “no one should be worried about New England because they x/y/z” is ignoring the fact that they are winning, have one of, if not the best coaches ever, and seem to always just be a thorn in the side no matter what personnel they have.

At the start of the year I wasn’t overly worried about them. Now though? Yeah if we don’t stop our Jekyll and Hyde routine, we could be in trouble in our games against them.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
All this “no one should be worried about New England because they x/y/z” is ignoring the fact that they are winning, have one of, if not the best coaches ever, and seem to always just be a thorn in the side no matter what personnel they have.

At the start of the year I wasn’t overly worried about them. Now though? Yeah if we don’t stop our Jekyll and Hyde routine, we could be in trouble in our games against them.

Yea, yea. Any given Sunday. But a NE team giving their best effort vs a Bills team giving their best effort and the Bills would curb-stomp them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad