Buffalo Bills Week 7: Bye week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Please, Miami. Please keep believing Tua is good enough to make noise in the playoffs
Tua just isn’t dangerous in todays NFL. It’s why their offense sucks
He looked really good on that firat drive. Reminded me of his first drive against Cincy. I was convinced he was going to put up a good stat line, but I was wrong.

It's not just his arm strength that's worrisome. It's also how inconsistent he is at throwing the ball accurately. He'll make some really nice throws, but then gets into a funk, and throws some really ugly, pick worthy passes. It happens EVERY game with him. Somehow- those terrible decisions haven't translated to a lot of INTs, but they will in time.

Ill give him a pass because of returning from a bad concussion, but there have been some areas of concern even before the concussion.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Well, nobody did us any favors yesterday. I knew it was a long shot but I was really hoping the 49ers would beat KC. It sure would’ve been nice to have a 2 game lead over them!

I was also rooting for a Jets and dolphins loss but I’m not too worried about either of them. I still root for other AFCE teams to lose though.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
This sucks for them and him. I know they are division rivals and all but injuries suck, especially to someone who was having a big impact as a rookie.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He looked really good on that firat drive. Reminded me of his first drive against Cincy. I was convinced he was going to put up a good stat line, but I was wrong.

It's not just his arm strength that's worrisome. It's also how inconsistent he is at throwing the ball accurately. He'll make some really nice throws, but then gets into a funk, and throws some really ugly, pick worthy passes. It happens EVERY game with him. Somehow- those terrible decisions haven't translated to a lot of INTs, but they will in time.

Ill give him a pass because of returning from a bad concussion, but there have been some areas of concern even before the concussion.

What I've noticed is that Tua is great at scripted drives. Typically it's everything is coming up as designed, he thrives. It's when he's forced into his 3rd and 4th reads or nothing is open when he becomes just ineffective. He's not at the level where he can manipulate the secondary or make great audibles to adjust for coverages, at least not yet. He is mobile enough to extend the play a bit and sometimes he will get some gains there, but typically this is where he is making the bad decisions.

I think we as Bills fans are a bit spoiled in that we saw a project QB ascend to be an elite QB. We see top tier QB play weekly, so when someone isn't Josh Allen, we think they suck. Tua isn't going to be Josh Allen, but he's not a bust.

I think Tua is a fine starter, I just don't think he's going to be more than a slightly above average starting QB....which is fine. Maybe somewhere between Tannahill and Prescott. Upside is a very good starting QB, downside is an above average starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad