Proposal: Which forward under 25 years old would your team trade for the Habs' 1st pick (Winipeg's) who will be between 24-27 + one of these defenders (Harris,

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Which forward under 25 years old would your team trade for the Habs' 1st pick (Winipeg's) who will be between 24-27 + one of these defenders (Harris, Struble or Kovacevic)?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nolan Foote's RFA rights

for

Kovacevic

Foote is going to be an NHL player, He just isn't going to hit the heights that people thought he was, Habs get a young 4th/3rd LW that will probably sign a league minimum contract. Montreal's LW depth isn't that great so I thought he would be a fit for them.

Devils get 3rd pairing D to replace smith for a year on a very cheap contract.

Reactions: Nevins

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Nolan Foote's RFA rights

for

Kovacevic

Foote is going to be an NHL player, He just isn't going to hit the heights that people thought he was, Habs get a young 4th/3rd LW that will probably sign a league minimum contract. Montreal's LW depth isn't that great so I thought he would be a fit for them.

Not a bad offer, habs need actual bottom 6 players and have a surplus in D

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Not a bad offer, habs need actual bottom 6 players and have a surplus in D
He definitely has the hockey IQ, Is a good forechecker along the board and has an above average shot. His biggest downside is that he is an average skater, If I had to compare him I would say Anderson with a better shot but way slower skater.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Nolan Foote's RFA rights

for

Kovacevic

I prefer to keep Kovacevic.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Probably still not enough, Guenther's value is likely closer to the 5th OA rather than the ~27th + one of our good D prospects
Yeah a Guenther trade is more likely Guenther+2nd for 5th overall than it is for a quantity package.

Maybe Guenther for Guhle+ would make sense for AZ

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Kaliyev and Kakko would be on my radar for 24th and Struble/Harris/Barron

Yes, i know, Kakko is worth 4 1sts....:laugh:
Kakko, Tomasino, Holtz, Krebs, are the kind of guy I expect.
All guys fans won't suggest since they think their teams should move "deadwood" veterans to give the kids a chance.

Nolan Foote's RFA rights

for

Kovacevic

Depth D for depth F, it could make sense.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kakko, Tomasino, Holtz, Krebs, are the kind of guy I expect.
All guys fans won't suggest since they think their teams should move "deadwood" veterans to give the kids a chance.

Depth D for depth F, it could make sense.
Don't forget we have our own 3rd and 4th liners for next year and on the horizon. Someone like X junior could be a year away from the ideal 4th or even 3rd liner.

From all of them it's the ones with the most promise to rise to top 6. Kaliyev comes to mind.

Also someone like Frost who has fallen off the coaches wagon.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad