Who finishes with more career points - Ryan Nugent Hopkins or J.T. Miller?

Higher Career Point Total

• Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • J.T. Miller

Votes: 43 59.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
A couple players from the 2011 NHL Draft. RNH has a lead right now, but can J.T. Miller catch him.

Career to date

Ryan Nugent-Hopins: 699 points in 881 career games (0.793 PPG)
JT Miller: 639 points in 799 career games 0.79975 PPG)

Players are 31 years old.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Depends on who stays healthier, RNH will feed of that powerplay for as long as McDavid is there.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Nuge. Miller is a better player, but the gap might be too big to catch up.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Probably RNH. I doubt Miller will be a 100 point player again, and if he’s roughly a PPG for another couple years, that might not even be enough to bridge the current gap. I could see RNH aging better as well because he doesn’t throw the body like JT and assuming McDavid and Draisaitl stay in Edmonton, he’ll likely continue to rack up PP points even as he gets old.

Reactions: wetcoast

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I think at age 31 it's probably just a smart bet to go with the guy in the lead.

If the question were "who will score more points over the rest of their career", I'd probably take Miller.

Reactions: Dust and geebster

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The answer to this is entirely contingent on what happens with McDavey and Draisaitl in Edmonton. If they stay, i think it'll be hard for JT Miller to close that gap before the end. It's not huge and he's been making inroads for a while now, but it's still there and i don't get the impression JT Miller is going to be one of those "tack on extra years as a compiler" sort of players. Whereas Nuge absolutely will be.

If Nuge is divorced from either or both of McDavid and Draisaitl after their current contracts run out...JT Miller should be able to easily slip past him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Probably RNH. I doubt Miller will be a 100 point player again, and if he’s roughly a PPG for another couple years, that might not even be enough to bridge the current gap. I could see RNH aging better as well because he doesn’t throw the body like JT and assuming McDavid and Draisaitl stay in Edmonton, he’ll likely continue to rack up PP points even as he gets old.
That's my feeling as well as nuge has 60 points on miller but obviously health matters here.

The answer to this is entirely contingent on what happens with McDavey and Draisaitl in Edmonton. If they stay, i think it'll be hard for JT Miller to close that gap before the end. It's not huge and he's been making inroads for a while now, but it's still there and i don't get the impression JT Miller is going to be one of those "tack on extra years as a compiler" sort of players. Whereas Nuge absolutely will be.

If Nuge is divorced from either or both of McDavid and Draisaitl after their current contracts run out...JT Miller should be able to easily slip past him.
Do people really think that either McDavid or Draisaitl leaves the Oilers any time soon?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That's my feeling as well as nuge has 60 points on miller but obviously health matters here.

Do people really think that either McDavid or Draisaitl leaves the Oilers any time soon?

I don't think it's likely per se. But Leon's got a year left after this to UFA. McDavey has two years left to UFA.

If things haven't gone right for them by that point...they may see the writing on the wall and jump ship. Who knows. Main thing is just...that's the only way RNH is going to be able to stand a chance at sustaining his lead over Miller. Leeching points off that, and basically just outlasting JT Bozo who will probably just straight up quit when he's no longer at the top of his game and competitive.

Reactions: wetcoast

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Nuge. Being both 31 60 points is too much of a gap to make up. JT would need another 2 100 points seasons with Nuge getting 70 pts just to tie Nuge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad