Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I know nothing about him or any other prospect, but cool to see the guy so many on here we’re pounding the table for be the pick.

Seems like he’s your stereotypical highly skilled guy that fell because he’s undersized?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I get he’s high skill…but two top 15 picks on tiny forwards is a hilarious misallocation. It’s about building a championship roster not the highest scoring team.

And sometimes to build a championship team, it takes top prospects to make deft trades. Always take the best available player.

Always.

Benson was that.

RefsIdeas

Jul 2, 2011
I believe in size mattering as much as anybody, and legit could not care less about that factoring in with drafting Benson. He’s that good. He doesn’t play small. Remember when Savoie was struggling in the first half of the season? Going on Bensons line fixed that. He elevates everybody around him.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Point was a 3rd rounder, not 13th overall

Taking him after we took 3 forwards last year, including Savoie is silly.
Can't believe he was there at 13.Tremendous talent ,IQ and motor.Just curious who would you have taken? I wanted one of the Ds but they were gone.I can't imagine a better scenario for us then this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad