Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part X: With that new forum smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Picking up an injured guy that you might be able to activate later can be a reasonable gamble if its absolutely dirt cheap but a conditional pick situation locks you out of using your first somewhere else on someone that is more likely to play

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Smart idea. Conditional picks could be a good way to mitigate risk with Copp given his health concerns. Not sure you want to pin your 3C hopes on a guy who might end up not playing at all though, definitely a risk there.
Yea it’s a big gamble for sure, especially with a guy who we’d want to play in tough/tight and physical spots as our 3c when he is healthy.

We’ve got to shoot our shot with Giroux and Hertl and some other potentials that are flying under the radar. But if that doesn’t work out, a conditional pick and gamble for Copp would be a solid move.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Picking up an injured guy that you might be able to activate later can be a reasonable gamble if its absolutely dirt cheap but a conditional pick situation locks you out of using your first somewhere else on someone that is more likely to play
Copp’s injury makes him only a fallback option at this point. There’s better and safer options right now.

But if 2pm Monday rolls around and we still have our 2023 1st and the cap space, then a conditional 3rd turning into a 1st would be a great move.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Don't think Arizona would be interested in DeBrusk. Maybe the Avs could get involved though somehow as a third wheel?

To Boston: Chychrun
To Colorado: DeBrusk
To Arizona: Picks/prospects from Boston and Colorado.

Maybe something around a combination of Kaut/Ranta/Bowers, JTC, and picks? If Alan Hepple sells Arizona on a couple of those prospects maybe that could be of interest to them.
Would be interested in Debrusk depending on trade cost, but only as a secondary move or fallback. I would try sending out a similar (but better) package to Chicago for Hagel first.

1st + JTC + Bowers + Kaut/Ranta

for

Hagel

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I think rangers more than anyone should be in on Hertl (would have to re-sign him of course). As of now they’ll be lucky to get outta round 1, but won’t get past Caro in round 2 unless shesterkin has a playoff series for the ages.

If they added Hertl though they could make a Cinderella run like the Habs last year.

The East will be a bloodbath. Even if they get Hertl i doubt the Rangers have it all to make the finals. Even with Shesterkin playing out of his mind.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Why would you want to trade for Bertuzzi and risk him missing half a series if you had to play a Canadian team?

For what it’s worth, Canada (specifically Alberta) is dialing back restrictions and I’m not sure being vaxxed or not would be viewed as it was earlier.

With that being said Larkin’s name is not mentioned and he would be an insane 2C behind Nate Dog

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Few weeks ago Friedman was saying how Giroux's preferred team was the Avs to be traded to, now he's saying it's Florida. He's just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks
The truth is probably Giroux is fine going to either, but it wouldn't surprise me if Florida had an edge on his preference. I read he has family in south Florida.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Few weeks ago Friedman was saying how Giroux's preferred team was the Avs to be traded to, now he's saying it's Florida. He's just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks

I don't remember him ever saying that. He's linked Colorado and Giroux early and often, but I don't think he ever said Giroux prefers the Avs.

And to Friedman's credit, before saying he thought Giroux preferred Florida, he said something like "I know I'm going to get slammed if I'm wrong about this, but I'm going to say it anyway."

Either way I don't think we should discount what he says. Even yesterday, he speculated about Toronto being interested in Jost, and then Jost is moved a couple hours later. It's probably too much of a coincidence, so my guess if he probably heard Jost's name floating around. :dunno:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The truth is probably Giroux is fine going to either, but it wouldn't surprise me if Florida had an edge on his preference. I read he has family in south Florida.
Few weeks ago it was the Avs who were the front runners to get Giroux based on Friedman and other reports, but now it's suddenly Florida. Something just doesn't add up. It could very well have been Florida all along, or it's still the Avs. Not sure where Friedman gets his info

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't remember him ever saying that. He's linked Colorado and Giroux early and often, but I don't think he ever said Giroux prefers the Avs.

And to Friedman's credit, before saying he thought Giroux preferred Florida, he said something like "I know I'm going to get slammed if I'm wrong about this, but I'm going to say it anyway."

Either way I don't think we should discount what he says. Even yesterday, he speculated about Toronto being interested in Jost, and then Jost is moved a couple hours later. It's probably too much of a coincidence, so my guess if he probably heard Jost's name floating around. :dunno:
True, he didn't say Giroux has said he prefers the Avs, but he was making it sound like the Avs were the front runners

Reactions: shadow1

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
We don't need a big name top 6 forward, we need to beef up the third line. Tampa-esque. Unless that isn't the solution to a cup but I really think being able to play a 3rd line against anyone's 1st is a huge recipe for success.

Landy---- --MacK------- Bura
Newhook-- Kadri ------- Rants
Nuke ------ Missing1*-- Missing 2*
LOC-------- Helm------- NAK/MacD/Sturm

Toews Makar
Girard Manson
JJ/Murray EJ

Missing1* - Copp
Missing 2* Lehkonnen, Hagel, Crouse, Gourde

First line is broken up because Bura CANNOT be on the 3rd line, he will be useless there and hurt us. Nuke is the perfect 3rd liner with 2 other additions to create a scary shutdown/scoring line if we can put it together. Newhook has shown he can hang with the top 6 so he should be slotted up there and we can skip Giroux/Hertl. The 4th line is an absolute pest line with decent hitting and pretty dam good forechecking ability.

I'm not even including Byram. Dude needs to not feel rushed and we honestly don't even need him for these playoffs.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
You’re having some expired Chinese food leftover level dreams over there
Does this :sarcasm: not mean sarcasm? Have I been doing it wrong the whole time?

1647443155382.gif

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I would surmise that he definitely has a preference but also understands that it's in the Flyers' best interest to get the best possible package in return.

These leaks are very likely coming from the office of chuck fletcher in an attempt to keep driving up the price between 2 or 3 teams. It's super obvious.

Also, don't believe these "the flyers have not received a significant offer for Giroux yet" that's horseshit. Of course they have but it's an on-going process. My guess is it won't take too long on Friday to hear where he's finally going to end up. With a move of this magnitude, the Avs won't want to wait until 3pm on Monday to go to their Plan B or C if they can't get him.

If the best the Panthers can do is a package around Tippett then I like our chances. That guy is a one-trick pony who's well below-average defensively... if they've scouted him at all in the past few weeks, they know it too. There's a reason why that guy was passed over by so many on the NHL roster and why the Panthers prefer to give him up rather than a guy like Denisenko. Besides, right wing is a huge strength in the Flyers organization with players like Tyson Forester, Bobby Brink and Samu Tuomalaa.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would make a lot of sense to use remaining trade assets on forwards like Crouse who have some term instead of rentals.
He’s also Nichushkin insurance in case he wants to his the open market. You can’t have too many guys like that. I have a feeling Joe would have tried to use Jost as a piece towards Crouse if he was a realistic option though. I have a feeling the cost might be too high but god damn I love him.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean the world won't end for the Avs if they don't get Giroux, I'm sure Sakic will still do something to improve the team.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
We don't need a big name top 6 forward, we need to beef up the third line. Tampa-esque. Unless that isn't the solution to a cup but I really think being able to play a 3rd line against anyone's 1st is a huge recipe for success.

Landy---- --MacK------- Bura
Newhook-- Kadri ------- Rants
Nuke ------ Missing1*-- Missing 2*
LOC-------- Helm------- NAK/MacD/Sturm

Toews Makar
Girard Manson
JJ/Murray EJ

Missing1* - Copp
Missing 2* Lehkonnen, Hagel, Crouse, Gourde

First line is broken up because Bura CANNOT be on the 3rd line, he will be useless there and hurt us. Nuke is the perfect 3rd liner with 2 other additions to create a scary shutdown/scoring line if we can put it together. Newhook has shown he can hang with the top 6 so he should be slotted up there and we can skip Giroux/Hertl. The 4th line is an absolute pest line with decent hitting and pretty dam good forechecking ability.

I'm not even including Byram. Dude needs to not feel rushed and we honestly don't even need him for these playoffs.
So Crouse and Gourde then?

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
So Crouse and Gourde then?
Any mix or match between "elite" 3rd liners. Because as of right now having LOC and Compher on our 3rd line is what is looking to not bring us to a cup. Our 4th line is decent but the 3rd is hot trash.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I like the trades made by Sakic so far, hopefully he is focusing on adding another center to our roster.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t think that is the case. He speculated Colorado was the one going the hardest for him, nothing to do with Giroux’s preferences.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don’t think that is the case. He speculated Colorado was the one going the hardest for him, nothing to do with Giroux’s preferences.
Friedman's words were.... I think Avs have interest in Giroux and I think Giroux has interest in the Avs, so whatever that meant back then, whether Friedman actually heard something or was just his opinion, but whatever. We'll see what happens in few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad