Proposal: 2023-24 Roster Talk 2

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'll continue on with @kmwtrucks post about Joseph.

I noticed @Hattrick Kane mentioned Pinto. I like Pinto alot but I highly doubt Ottawa would part with a current NHL player. I would love a pick added from them even if it's a future 1st in 2026 or something (Davidson has a plan in that regard with futures) or if that's too much, a 2nd in 2024 which should be pretty high.

I personally would take a chance on Tyler Boucher. He was drafted too high as the #10 overall pick in 2021 (we know all too well with the Allan pick and you can argue the C. Dach pick as well, although they both look like they will be solid NHL'ers in the future) and he's had alot of injuries already stunting his development because of how he plays, but that kid is a power forward throwback. Literally hits EVERYTHING that moves like a mac truck and is a solid skater with good hands. Davidson wants to have this team be hard to play against... this kid does that in spades.
I’ll take Boucher to take Joseph off their hands

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I agree with the assessment on physically defending, but I don't really think you want to coach the offensive risk taking out of him.
Part of a big push that I dont want them to rush these kids like him specifically. Let him still keep developing both in the CHL, he still needs to work on his shot plus defensive game. We don't want him to play safe and stop taking chances if we want him to be a high end offense dman.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Hall-Bedard-Raddysh
AA-Reichel-Johnson
Donato-Kurashev-Perry
Foligno-Dickenson-Blackwell
Entwhistle

KK-Jones
Kaiser-Murphy
Vlasic-Zaitsev
Tinordi

Mrazek
Soderblom

I can't wait for a couple years down the road when this team is loaded with youngsters!

Bedard, Nazar, Moore, Kantserov, Misiak, Rinzel, Greene, Savoie, Commesso

Reactions: WarriorofTime

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Bedard, Nazar, Moore, Kantserov, Misiak, Rinzel, Greene, Savoie, Commesso

After rewatching both Kurvers games - I'm really jacked for both Misiak and Lardis.

Misiak played superb 200' games anticipating plays all over the ice and has the quickness to get there and make plays.

Lardis was the quickest guy on the ice and consistently used his speed to be in front of the play.

I've been thinking about Moore, with his speed and 200' game, being a great 3C on the rebuilt team, and I think Misiak and Lardis on his wings would make for a devastating line.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I agree with the assessment on physically defending, but I don't really think you want to coach the offensive risk taking out of him.
I don't think he meant to coach the risk taking out of him. More of being aware of the situation on the ice and picking his spots appropriately.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
sounds like Pinto is close to signing and Ottowa will make a trade. kubalik, bannstrom or Mathieu Joseph are the guys most likely to move. I really hope we use more of our Cap space for bad contracts. next year with the cap bumping $3-$4 I dont see many teams needing to dump so that would drive the value down. the reality is this year teams were pretty creative getting contracts off the books. Petry, Granlund, hoffman, Pearson, peterson, etc we might have gotten the biggest pay day taking bailey for a 2nd.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If KK makes this team it’s a bad sign. Why rush him? He did not have a good end to last season. Needs to dominate in Seattle this year.
I don't see how it's a "bad sign" unless the Hawks are just straight up foolish and put him on the roster without merit. There's enough other left-handed defensemen that he doesn't need to be on the roster by default and burn a year of ELC. If he sticks passed 9 games, it would likely mean they think he's of the "too good to send back" variety which bodes well for a former Top 10 pick.

Hall-Bedard-Raddysh
AA-Reichel-Johnson
Donato-Kurashev-Perry
Foligno-Dickenson-Blackwell
Entwhistle

KK-Jones
Kaiser-Murphy
Vlasic-Zaitsev
Tinordi

Mrazek
Soderblom
Agreed, this is more or less the night 1 roster, and I expect Phillips to be up pretty soon thereafter and Korchinski back in Juniors. Doesn't seem like anything will happen with the Canada stuff, so Katchouk probably also there as an Extra/Scratch and Reese Johnson going through waivers (I'd imagine unclaimed but dunno what everyone's 4th line/13th forward looks like). Should see Guttman at some point as well once an injury or something hits.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Personally I don't want to see KK in the NHL this season.

I know he is not Boqvist or Jokiharju but he will only be 19 this season (like they were) and that is awfully young for a Dman.

The team is going to have Kaiser, Vlasic and Phillips all play games this year. 2 of them might be regulars. The team can't ice that many sub 22 dman and expect the team to not struggle mightily.

The team is going to have a hard enough time with the below average top 6 that we have. The last thing we need is teenagers confidence getting blown worse than a Max Domi back check.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Personally I don't want to see KK in the NHL this season.

I know he is not Boqvist or Jokiharju but he will only be 19 this season (like they were) and that is awfully young for a Dman.

The team is going to have Kaiser, Vlasic and Phillips all play games this year. 2 of them might be regulars. The team can't ice that many sub 22 dman and expect the team to not struggle mightily.

The team is going to have a hard enough time with the below average top 6 that we have. The last thing we need is teenagers confidence getting blown worse than a Max Domi back check.

If he's ready for the NHL, and proves he's ready, then there's no reason to send him back. Having a guy go back and play against weak competition can do just as much damage, IMO. You don't hold guys back just to hold them back, or keep from burning a year off an ELC.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
If he's ready for the NHL, and shows/proves he's ready, then there's no reason to send him back. Having a guy go back and play against weak competition can do just as much damage, IMO. You don't hold guys back just to hold them back, or keep from burning a year off an ELC.

Personally, I don't think he's ready to play in the top 4. We shall see.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Part of me thinks they keep KK up to have him on the same renewal trajectory as CB98. The sooner they can lock in some of those contracts, the better, especially with the cap rising and players seemingly feeling more entitled (not wrongfully) to more cash.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Part of me thinks they keep KK up to have him on the same renewal trajectory as CB98. The sooner they can lock in some of those contracts, the better, especially with the cap rising and players seemingly feeling more entitled (not wrongfully) to more cash.
Stupid reason, do what is best for their development, especially for a young defenseman that still lacks an NHL frame...Bedard is the exception, most 19 year olds are not ready to play in the league, especially defense

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
There is a point to be made that staying with the Hawks under the tutelage of Richardson, Dean and Campbell in a rotation with other young d-men may be a better plan for his development than going back to Seattle to get "more minutes per game". The good news is that KD and staff seem to be pretty astute so trusting them to make the best decision is easy to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad