GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If pinning a guy to the boards is a penalty, every playoff game would be a parade to the box.

If Englund had a stick and did the exact same thing I highly doubt its called.
that's my thing, lingering on it is stupid but that call was completely out of left field and against the standard set, as well as the flow of play

just not a good call to make

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
that's my thing, lingering on it is stupid but that call was completely out of left field and against the standard set, as well as the flow of play

just not a good call to make

I just came to the game late & was surprised that was the penalty. I'd bet that exact play happens again multiple times in the third.

Not a good call to start the game with especially.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
How is Englund's game overall? Ottawa draft pick originally, looked promising at first but just kind of flatlined at a certain point. One of those players that make you think "Oh, he's still playing?" when you hear the name. Shame because from what I've seen we could really use a guy like that

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
If pinning a guy to the boards is a penalty, every playoff game would be a parade to the box.

The left hand at least is holding onto McLeod as he’s getting pinned along the boards. It’s pretty easy to see why the ref called it. And again, it doesn’t matter cuz it was either that or a high sticking penalty.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

right, because if he had a stick he would have two arms around him. The two arms around the player is the guy, not he pinning.

No one is mentioning the high stick on janmark that happened right after that play that was missed. Should have been 5 on 3!

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How is Englund's game overall? Ottawa draft pick originally, looked promising at first but just kind of flatlined at a certain point. One of those players that make you think "Oh, he's still playing?" when you hear the name. Shame because from what I've seen we could really use a guy like that
Looks like he has a bit of truculence, but overall very meh

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Although I'm happy we are not playing Vegas in round 1, it would have been interesting if the kings fell into the central bracket or at least played the Canucks. Outside of Dallas they match up well against all those other teams. Edmonton appears to just have their number.

Big period coming up. LA has been the better team all game but the oilers have done a good job at not giving them many high danger chances. Skinner looking alright after that putrid game 2

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Agreed. That's the stupid thing. If a player doesn't have a stick his likelihood of taking a penalty goes way up because the refs key in on it.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
right, because if he had a stick he would have two arms around him. The two arms around the player is the guy, not he pinning.

No one is mentioning the high stick on janmark that happened right after that play that was missed. Should have been 5 on 3!

I didn't see the highstick, just tuned in late & saw the replay in the intermission. If it happened during a PK they shouldn't have been killing then it was all needless! Janmarks poor face :sarcasm: Haha

Again to me that play will happen multiple times in the third & they won't call it (nor should they). The awareness on Englund is just heightened in that moment cause he doesn't have a stick.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Agreed. That's the stupid thing. If a player doesn't have a stick his likelihood of taking a penalty goes way up because the refs key in on it.
Just because you don’t have a stick doesn’t mean you can use your free hands to grab the opposition.

And again it doesn’t matter because it was either that or a high sticking penalty.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
"ok" is how i'd put it probably

he's just kinda clumsy and clunky, doesn't make good choices in the d zone but he can be pretty stiff against the boards. i think he could stand to play on the other side of the line a bit more since he can fight but he tends not to

i dunno i don't want to shit on the guy but i think this team would be better served with brandt clarke in the line up on the daily if englund isn't gonna be out there being a bull

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
I didn't see the highstick, just tuned in late & saw the replay in the intermission. If it happened during a PK they shouldn't have been killing then it was all needless! Janmarks poor face :sarcasm: Haha

Again to me that play will happen multiple times in the third & they won't call it (nor should they). The awareness on Englund is just heightened in that moment cause he doesn't have a stick.
The high stick happened literally a second after the hold

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I was correct. First time Oilers have held a playoff opponent scoreless through 2 since 2006
I mean, I can think of a couple good reasons for that.

That's like saying "The Columbus Blue Jackets have allowed less post-season goals than any other NHL franchise".

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Diamond and Diamond lawyers are the Jersey Shore of law firms. I love it. Tanning beds, boob jobs, lifting, tight haircuts. I would pay to watch a reality show of that firm in action.
Never heard of them, but I got the douche chills just reading that description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad