Racing: 2023 Formula 1 Season

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
For sure I also really enjoyed Australia and Silverstone, but yet again nothing super wild. Max is definitely getting that record
The only way he doesn't get the record is if someone pulls a Liuzzi on him.

F1-2011-13-Italy.mkv_snapshot_00.11.34_2011.09.12_08.22.15.jpg

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So, how things went for the F2 leaders?

Pourchaire crashed on his out lap off the pits on cold tyres (Alice Powell raised the idea of compression making the car twitch) when he has leading the race
Vesti spun all on his own in Tarzan on the first lap, managed to come back on track after all cars had passed, but then lost his two rear tyres on SC (Pourchaire crash) due to what's almost certainly a team mistake
Iwasa started quite far, and got penalized after trying a very stupid pass on Maini after the pitane straight, right before Tarzan after the first SC (was was due to...)
Doohan crashing on T14 of lap zero (rolling start)
Bearman was spun by Correia (who got penalized, but... seemed hard, it wasn't a 100-0 responsibility like it had been for Iwasa), ended up quite far, and did climb back up a bit, but made a somewhat shoddy pass on Martins at the end of Tarzan, pushing the latter a bit off the road, who understandably didn't really appreciate... and then decided to go inside at the T3 banking, passing Bearman along the way but leaving him absolutely no room and basically guiding him into the grass. Bearman had to retired, and Martins ended up 9th after a 10-second penalty for "hindering", which I don'T think Ive ever seen before.

So, basically, only Martins scored (and only 2 points).

I don't know if this guy will ever get to F1, but...
If he ever does, he'll be quite entertaining. And probably controversial.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoVel

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Zandvoort was a blast,fun race and super atmosphere. A lot of of curve-balls and Max did it again. A lot of pressure on him and he came through.:clap:
Andre Rieu doing the anthem and partying was great to see and seeing the King and his family show up was too:thumbu::thumbu:

f ya1.jpg

Reactions: Bahama Mama

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bortoleto clinches the F3 title by the way of quali being stopped 10 minutes early, so that other categories can stay on schedule with multiple red flags. Aron couldn't get another chance to get the points for pole position.

Out of all the ways to clinch a title, that's surely one of them.

Remember that both F2 and F3 champs last year clinched their titles while sitting at the Monza pitlane so it's becoming a trend clearly.

Gotta also mention that Goethe did the veteran move of securing a pole position by crashing out of qualifying.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Translation: Antonelli to skip F3 and jump straight to F2 with Prema.

This seems very risky and pointless. Gianluca Petecof was obviously not as highly regarded as Antonelli, but missing out on a proper F3 seat and going straight to F2 from FRECA essentially ended his career in single seaters. Mercedes obviously won't let that happen to Antonelli but still, I don't see any reason to rush him. Going against Bearman who'll likely be the favorite for the title in 2024 won't be exactly either.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Well that was pretty entertaining, some good battles and overtakes today. Thought the Ferraris were about to hit at the end

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Well that was pretty entertaining, some good battles and overtakes today. Thought the Ferraris were about to hit at the end
Yes, I thought that they were to run into each other on Lap 50 racing for third place. There must be no Team Orders for Ferrari.

Ten wins in a row for Max V!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Wonder what Audi's plans for 2026 are. It goes without saying they can't come into F1 with a driver lineup of Bottas and Zhou if they want to be a serious contender and not just continue Sauber's mediocrity.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Russell... :facepalm:

I think it's easy to get hyped about shiny new toy but Lawson has been nothing but impressive in these three races, and Zandvoort and Singapore have arguably been the two toughest races of the season so far. Definitely not a de Vries in Monza. Just tough to judge him against Tsunoda as he basically hasn't done any racing in the past two races. But the best AlphaTauri result of the season has to count for something, even if a lot of things went his way today. To me it's a no brainer to keep him for next season, but you can argue over who his teammate should be.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Man formula 1 is turning into this pure “paying machine”

I’ve heard the f1 has pissed off e dry business in Vegas with their demands

I used to go to formula1.com to check out the standings and they now charge to simply view current order in races.

It’s ridiculous

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

I like the deal for both sides. Of Piastri develops as well as everyone thinks he will, he'll have plenty of takers in three years if McLaren hasn't made a serious move to be a top team.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Unofficially official:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad