2023 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
and just like that, Terron Armstead is out week 1 lol

just can never have nice things

Him + Tua being upright this year were their biggest question marks. Week 1 v Herbert is gonna be tough now to keep up with Ramsey out in the backend too. If anything, all the pressure is on LAC and well we've seen what the Chargers do when that happens if there's any solace for a Miami fan (last part hurt me to type :laugh: but hopefully this AFCE is fun to watch, all of our fanbases deserve it after the reign of terror of Tom Brady/NE)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Saban went full Parcells and paid for it. His average offensive lineman is about 350 pounds and moves about as fast as expected. Saban still constructs a dinosaur team and it’s finally starting to catch up to him. I’ll be curious how long he can fool the Bama faithful by playing a cupcake schedule outside his SEC obligations so he can go 9-3 every season and win a secondary bowl.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I have zero expectations for the Giants this season, and apparently neither does anybody else. They're just kind of there in the middle of the pack.
10 wins. 2nd in Division. Playoffs.

Not expecting a huge season but think they are being undersold nationally.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
NFL needs to start playing their starters in pre season

A lot of dog shit football so far in week 1

Not to mention 40 plus players injured before week 1

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If there's a team that you should always bet on the underdog when they're favored in the sports book, it's the Chargers. What a game by Tua and Tyreek Hill is absurd.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Well, that was quite the reversal on that Giants drive. Looked like they were going to score in the red zone, then a terrible snap and a blocked FG for a TD return. Total disaster.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_9982.jpeg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
SNF week 1 should've been Dallas Bills and MNF should've been Jets Giants for 9/11 but man I didn't think the Giants would get taken to the shed like this.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
10 wins. 2nd in Division. Playoffs.

Not expecting a huge season but think they are being undersold nationally.
Because there are plenty of teams like this where coaching and emotion gooses them up for a year then the next year the reality of a rebulid situation hits, and it hit hard for the Giants tonight.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Because there are plenty of teams like this where coaching and emotion gooses them up for a year then the next year the reality of a rebulid situation hits, and it hit hard for the Giants tonight.

They remind me a ton of the NFL's version of the Kraken.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don’t think last night was a reality of the rebuild situation.

It might be that Neal is a bust. And I definitely think the RG is a major concern. That combo vs a top notch pass rush is a bad mix. On the other side Thibs might not be all that good either.

But for as brutal as that loss was. It screams anamoly.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They remind me a ton of the NFL's version of the Kraken.
Well that remains to be seen…I’d use the ‘17-18 Devils as an analogy, that was another clear fluke season

I don’t think last night was a reality of the rebuild situation.

It might be that Neal is a bust. And I definitely think the RG is a major concern. That combo vs a top notch pass rush is a bad mix. On the other side Thibs might not be all that good either.

But for as brutal as that loss was. It screams anamoly.
Anamoly how, even last year they were 0-5 against Dallas and Philly. They’ll be likely 1-5 in the division this year too and with a much tougher out of division schedule.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
That last point is why they are so reluctant to play their starters in preseason.
Devils advocate,

Are more players getting hurt because they aren’t acclimating themselves to the pace of play and by the time week 1 rolls around they are trying to play and practice at a pace they haven’t acclimated to ?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Devils advocate,

Are more players getting hurt because they aren’t acclimating themselves to the pace of play and by the time week 1 rolls around they are trying to play and practice at a pace they haven’t acclimated to ?

I've had this discussion with another football fans, the injuries happen because these guys don't step foot on the fields unless you're a WR or a QB working on route running or you're working with a WR respectively. Corners rarely touch the field, these big linemen just weight train all summer. Two a days also were taken out in the last CBA so it's even less practice to get their bodies totally right. Week 1 has turned into a slosh for the most part offensively because it's these stars first time touching a football field in months and these guys are effectively trying to get into shape during game action. Week 3-4 is usually where the better football comes out for most of these guys.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Anamoly how, even last year they were 0-5 against Dallas and Philly. They’ll be likely 1-5 in the division this year too and with a much tougher out of division schedule.
How?

Last year they lost to Dallas by 8 and then 7 points. I believe they led at half in that 2nd game.

Last night was the worst loss by the Giants in 50 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad