2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
looks like the 3 best players ( in almost every mock I have seen) celebrini, esirmen and demidov. so my hope is we end up top 3 and get one of the those and then go RD with our next 2 picks. if we fall to #4-5 Im ok going with a RD there at this point but its alot of time. I read thru Corey's P reads on all the higher RHD and most have size and are mobile. so seems like there we would should be a fit in the later first and early second.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Maybe I am just being naive but isn't it a little late to become a college student for the fall of 2023?
When it comes to athletics, admissions office usually works hand in hand to accomodate what the athletic programs want subject to general rules of admissibility (valid high school diploma, whatever score you need on the SAT or whatever, etc.) It's as simple as the hockey coach tells the Athletic Director they want to bring this kid in, the AD tells the admissions office and he can be on campus with plenty of time to be enrolled and working towards a degree for the fall semester.

This move makes sense of Levshunov to continue to progress within the North American system. Since he is from Belarus, he is banned from playing in any of the CHL leagues, so USHL -> NCAA is a path that makes sense. While players do of course get drafted directly out of the USHL, it would be a bit harder to be a Top 10 pick. He does not turn 18 until late October, so it's just a matter of having all his high school in a row to enroll in an American university. It's possible he is accelerating studies over this summer in order to be eligible.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
Celebrini?

michael-jordan-bat-cigar-5ne5wks4ftmbhe1v.gif

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Hawks could use a D man from the point with a bomb of a shot.....Shea Theodore type.....Korchinski will be able to do a lot, but don't see that quality in him......that and a mean ass power forward for the 2nd coming.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
nobody would. thank you for agreeing with me.
I remember this argument. That’s not what ChiHawks was saying. But I don’t want to bicker with you about something like this so I’ll leave it at that

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I remember this argument. That’s not what ChiHawks was saying. But I don’t want to bicker with you about something like this so I’ll leave it at that
yes it was. someone said they should trade Nazar for 8th overall because 8th would be the best piece in the deal. He said no.

"Bailing and giving up on Nazar this year makes zero sense if all you're getting is a draft pick"

"It's not that at all. It's the idea that I'd like to see what we have in Nazar before moving him for a different question mark. We don't have a large enough sample size for me to say "Without a doubt, you move him for a top 10 pick this year."

"they're still all just question marks, no different than Nazar"

" wouldn't trade Nazar for any of them right now. "

Now that there is a name to it. Ryan Leonard. If he still would rather have Nazar?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
yes it was. someone said they should trade Nazar for 8th overall because 8th would be the best piece in the deal. He said no.

"Bailing and giving up on Nazar this year makes zero sense if all you're getting is a draft pick"

"It's not that at all. It's the idea that I'd like to see what we have in Nazar before moving him for a different question mark. We don't have a large enough sample size for me to say "Without a doubt, you move him for a top 10 pick this year."

"they're still all just question marks, no different than Nazar"

" wouldn't trade Nazar for any of them right now. "

Now that there is a name to it. Ryan Leonard. If he still would rather have Nazar?
I would rather have Nazar because this is reality. Nobody was trading him away for 8th overall. Makes no sense.

Leonard is going to be a great player but some teams were lower on him as well because of the overall talent he played with on that line and some questioned his overall ability to produce.

Nazar was every bit as talented as Leonard was coming out of the USNDP. This argument or whatever it is seems idiotic.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I like how the rebuild is shaping up, quite a lot actually.

Top 6 is the most important from the draft imo, and we are doing well:

Reichel - Bedard - some PF
Line driver - Moore - Nazar

Need another legit top 5 pick line driver though.

Bottom 6 will be all about depth - 3rd line quality depth, and bottom 6 grinder compete type depth. I think we already have enough prospects that have a good case of providing that, and surely some will surprise and develop even higher.

3rd line options: Greene, Misiak, Kantserov, Lardis, Safonov, Hayes
4th line options: so many... and good variety too some with size, most with speed, all with compete

Then on defence, we need 2 elite ones at least to carry their pairings in the top 4. Have to draft those or pay the package we did for Jones. I don't like Seth as our 1D but if he's to be a 2D that can anchor an above average 2nd pair with the right partner, I'm here for it. Still, I would feel easier if we had another legit 1D caliber prospect next to Korch.

Korchinski - X
X - Jones

We are already super good on the depth side. Rinzel, Del Mastro, Allen, Kaiser, Phillips all make a good case to be 4-6 guys. You can never have to many of course, so any addition is welcome.

Having Commesso, Gajan and Soderblom is a good foundation for goal. And that spot is easier to fill through trade/FA so I'm not worried.

So the rebuild is going very, very well imo. We will need an Eiserman type line driver and a legit 1D prospect in the next two drafts. Next to those two high picks, having another two years crop come aid the depth part will make the system super strong.

2-3 years for our top guys to develop and graduate, and I think we are back in business.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I would rather have Nazar because this is reality. Nobody was trading him away for 8th overall. Makes no sense.

Leonard is going to be a great player but some teams were lower on him as well because of the overall talent he played with on that line and some questioned his overall ability to produce.

Nazar was every bit as talented as Leonard was coming out of the USNDP. This argument or whatever it is seems idiotic.
but thats not what we were talking about in this hockey forum....

there a plenty of trade proposals that arnt reality. I agree trading the 8th for Nazar would make no sense. The full point of the disagreement. The fact that you think it seems idiotic and jumped into it says something tho.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I like how the rebuild is shaping up, quite a lot actually.

Top 6 is the most important from the draft imo, and we are doing well:

Reichel - Bedard - some PF
Line driver - Moore - Nazar

Need another legit top 5 pick line driver though.

Bottom 6 will be all about depth - 3rd line quality depth, and bottom 6 grinder compete type depth. I think we already have enough prospects that have a good case of providing that, and surely some will surprise and develop even higher.

3rd line options: Greene, Misiak, Kantserov, Lardis, Safonov, Hayes
4th line options: so many... and good variety too some with size, most with speed, all with compete

Then on defence, we need 2 elite ones at least to carry their pairings in the top 4. Have to draft those or pay the package we did for Jones. I don't like Seth as our 1D but if he's to be a 2D that can anchor an above average 2nd pair with the right partner, I'm here for it. Still, I would feel easier if we had another legit 1D caliber prospect next to Korch.

Korchinski - X
X - Jones

We are already super good on the depth side. Rinzel, Del Mastro, Allen, Kaiser, Phillips all make a good case to be 4-6 guys. You can never have to many of course, so any addition is welcome.

Having Commesso, Gajan and Soderblom is a good foundation for goal. And that spot is easier to fill through trade/FA so I'm not worried.

So the rebuild is going very, very well imo. We will need an Eiserman type line driver and a legit 1D prospect in the next two drafts. Next to those two high picks, having another two years crop come aid the depth part will make the system super strong.

2-3 years for our top guys to develop and graduate, and I think we are back in business.
I think Eiserman puts this thing into hyper drive. I am so high on Korchinski that I am not as worried about our defenseman. We have enough high end guys that they should fall into place around Jones and Korch. Hopefully some exceed expectations. Kaiser seems like he could be a guy to do that.

Reactions: Muffinalt

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
As an American, I hope we get Eiserman but I have 0 issues if the Hawks just won it all again and get Celebrini. He reminds me of Fantilli in fact, cept a bit smaller but higher hockey sense. Kid's compete level is damn impressive.

Reactions: Muffinalt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad