2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
As an American, I hope we get Eiserman but I have 0 issues if the Hawks just won it all again and get Celebrini. He reminds me of Fantilli in fact, cept a bit smaller but higher hockey sense. Kid's compete level is damn impressive.
Your right his IQ is crazy. Hes just always in the right area for the puck to find him.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Just looked it up and both Celebrini and Eiserman are only 5.9"
they're still only 17 and so can grow but would be nice to have a top3 line driving forward who's like 6.2 ala Toews.
Edit .. on hockeydb it says Eiserman is 5.11 ... that's better!
second edit .. now I found Celebrini at 5.11 too ... guess theyr'e both around 5.10!

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Celebrini, Eiserman, both look to be absolute studs.

Havent seen much of Demidov. Gonna check out his HL reel now I suppose.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Just looked it up and both Celebrini and Eiserman are only 5.9"
they're still only 17 and so can grow but would be nice to have a top3 line driving forward who's like 6.2 ala Toews.
Edit .. on hockeydb it says Eiserman is 5.11 ... that's better!
second edit .. now I found Celebrini at 5.11 too ... guess theyr'e both around 5.10!
Eiserman might not be that tall but he is stocky and (based solely on highlights) looks like he plays pretty big. Very strong for a 16 year old

Reactions: crazyhawk

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

Interesting tidbit on what they are looking for:
“There was a spot in the third round where we were looking at one and then he ended up going up a spot before us,” Doneghey said. “And it just wasn’t a lot of right-shot defensemen, where with the size trait that we have – if they’re not going to be running power plays – we’d like them to be 6-2, 6-3. So that right-shot trait with the size trait, there really wasn’t a lot in there where we were looking to take them. And the one we did like ended up going before we got to him.”
Levshunov fits that mold. He's got the right-shot, size, mobility, and can run the power play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Eiserman might not be that tall but he is stocky and (based solely on highlights) looks like he plays pretty big. Very strong for a 16 year old

I prefer Eiserman over Celebrini because I think he's more of a pure goal scorer. Obviously Bedard is a great goal scorer but Reichel, Moore and Nazar are more distributors than goal scorers and having Eiserman kind of provides that element to complement the second line where Bedard provides that on the top line. Also Eiserman would be a stud on the PP.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Walking out of the draft with either Eiserman or Celebrini will leave other fans fuming. I'm ok with that. If you are drafting that high, it does not really matter who you draft (in this case Eiserman/Celebrini) the mere fact you adding one of those guys with the collection of young talent the Hawks are gathering will make a lot of fanbases rage with envy.

I don't care about picking one or the other, let's walk out of next years' draft with either player.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

Interesting tidbit on what they are looking for:

Levshunov fits that mold. He's got the right-shot, size, mobility, and can run the power play.
This draft seems to be loaded with that kind of guy, based on Pronman's list it's comical how many times "big RHD with NHL mobility" seems to pop up. Some potential first round targets in that mould:

Artyom Levshunov (Green Bay - USHL/undetermined NCAA team)
Carter Yakemchuk (Calgary - WHL)
Charlie Elick (Brandon - WHL)
EJ Emery (US NTDP)
Adam Jiricek (HC Plzen - Czech Republic) (6'1", so technically under the threshold in that quote, but given his pedigree/skillset I would be surprised if that disqualified him)
Tomas Lavoie (Cape Breton - QMJHL)

Some decent LHD options in that mould too. Obviously a lot will change between now and the draft but should be some decent options both with the Blackhawks' pick and Tampa's pick

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he looks like a stud from the highlights that was when he was 16/17.

feels like those will be the first 3 picked and then there will be a run of 5-6 d over the next 8-9 picks

I read article that the hit rate of star forwards taken top 5 compared to d is heavlly weighted to Forwards. meaning the miss rate is double taking D high up

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
he looks like a stud from the highlights that was when he was 16/17.

feels like those will be the first 3 picked and then there will be a run of 5-6 d over the next 8-9 picks

I read article that the hit rate of star forwards taken top 5 compared to d is heavlly weighted to Forwards. meaning the miss rate is double taking D high up

It seems like the reaches in drafts are more often than not D which may play into the miss rate. Seems like the '24 draft is setting up with a ton of RHD so may trend more toward guys going where expected more than reaches.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

has 13 RD in the top 70 about 9-10 of them have the size that the hawks are trending toward.

Aryton L would be my pick at either 4-5. any of the top 3 wings or him I would feel great about if that is who we pick with our #1. carter, elick and savoie Jirek all have size for our 2nd 1st

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Very slightly related to the 2024 draft, The Athletic had an article today about the value a team was adding/losing for this coming season, here is what they say about Tampa Bay.

26. Tampa Bay Lightning

Goal Difference added: -7.5
Salary added: -$13.7 million

In: Conor Sheary, Calvin de Haan, Josh Archibald, Logan Brown, Luke Glendening
Out: Alex Killorn, Ian Cole, Ross Colton, Corey Perry, Patrick Maroon, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

I’m not sure people are quite prepared for a potential drop in relevance from the Tampa Bay Lightning. They got their Cups, they paid their core, and now might be time to pay the piper.

The fourth line swap is a wash; not much to report there. The same can be said for Conor Sheary in for Ross Colton. The bigger issue is not being able to afford Alex Killorn and Ian Cole. That’s justifiable given how much they cost, but it does make the Lightning a worse team in the short term. Calvin de Haan is a sizeable step down from Cole and there was no external addition to supplement the loss of Killorn. That’s a huge loss to the team’s top six a year after losing Ondrej Palat. Maybe Tanner Jeannot can step up in the same way Brandon Hagel did, but that doesn’t feel likely considering the way last season went for him.
I bolded the most significant part of that quote. The Athletic's model is predicting Tampa to drop quite a bit this coming season, which obviously will have an effect on where their (now our 2nd) 1st round pick ends up next year.

Also, they had the Hawks at 23rd on the list with a 2.00 negative goal differential over last year, but mentioned that if they took Bedard into account, they'd be in the top 5 for improved goal differential from last year.

Reactions: Dominance

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Very slightly related to the 2024 draft, The Athletic had an article today about the value a team was adding/losing for this coming season, here is what they say about Tampa Bay.

I bolded the most significant part of that quote. The Athletic's model is predicting Tampa to drop quite a bit this coming season, which obviously will have an effect on where their (now our 2nd) 1st round pick ends up next year.

Also, they had the Hawks at 23rd on the list with a 2.00 negative goal differential over last year, but mentioned that if they took Bedard into account, they'd be in the top 5 for improved goal differential from last year.
Tampa is one significant injury to any of Kuch, Stammer, Hedman, Point, or Vasi from having the pick potentially better thatn 19OA last years was. 3 of those guys are wrong side of 30 and the other approaching. That team has NO DEPTH and one of the worst prospect pools in the league (so no help coming). Even with Seabs on LTIR, they'll be over the cap unless they go 22 man roster with no ability to accrue cap space to add anything. I am loving the Hagel trade.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Tampa is one significant injury to any of Kuch, Stammer, Hedman, Point, or Vasi from having the pick potentially better thatn 19OA last years was. 3 of those guys are wrong side of 30 and the other approaching. That team has NO DEPTH and one of the worst prospect pools in the league (so no help coming). Even with Seabs on LTIR, they'll be over the cap unless they go 22 man roster with no ability to accrue cap space to add anything. I am loving the Hagel trade.
And their cupboard is barren of picks to trade for help at the deadline. The stars are aligned for them to lay an egg.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Given the draft capital traded away by Tampa, they won't be able to start a rebuild until 2026 unless they aggressively sell-off pieces prior to that draft. That's about the time the Hawks should be a playoff caliber team with the arrow pointing up.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Imagine the scenes if our own pick gets 1 oa and the pick we have via Tampa jumps 10 spots (assuming it's unprotected I don't remember) lol. Wishful thinking but where's the fun in not having any?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm still confused with the 2025 & 2026 Tampa 1st rounder since they traded their 25 pick to NSH for Jeanot. If Tampa wins the lottery this year they keep their 24 pick. Would we get the 2025 pick or the 2026 pick then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad