Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 20.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Keith was one of the best offensive D of his time. Dickinson isn't even a top 5 offensive D in this draft alone.

Keith was very good offensively but was not an offense first Dman by any means, he was good defensively managed the transition very well. He was also drafted as a 2nd rounder, i.e. Not considered a top Dman at the time of his draft.

Dickinson is scoring at a PPG while being very solid defensively.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Keith was good offensively but was not an offense first Dman by any means, he was good defensively managed the transition very well. He was also drafted as a 2nd rounder, i.e. Not comsider a top Dman at the time of his draft.

Dickinson is scoring at a PPG while being very solid defensively.
Yes he was an offense first D. He was pretty bad defensively at times too. Hes nothing like Dickinson.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You remember post 2017 Keith. He was very important to the 3 SCs. He was very solid defensively during his best years. He became too slow afterwards.
No, I remember him in his prime. He was just as important as you say ye was but he was not a defense first player. He was probably the best offensive defender in those early 2010 season before Subban, Letang, Burns and Karlsson took over.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What an embarassing message that has 0 parcels of truth. Drafts consistently churn out more than 3 players who will end up having 80 pt years.
Rarely are 3+ players in the top 10 of any draft consistent 80-100 point players. Go ahead and take a look.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Caufield wasn't a 5th overall pick, he fell in the rankings to us IIRC, and is a little less uni-dimensional than Eiserman.

That all considered, I would have picked Harley, eh.
Habs didn’t pick some guy named Bossy because he couldn’t do anything but score…oops!

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Rarely are 3+ players in the top 10 of any draft consistent 80-100 point players. Go ahead and take a look.
Here's the thing : His message was about everyone in the draft, not just the top 10. And since it is really impossible to call guys like Bratt or Point becoming stars, guys in his list were mostly consensus top 10-15 picks. Stop backtracking.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Habs didn’t pick some guy named Bossy because he couldn’t do anything but score…oops!
If Eiserman was up to Bossy's level he would be taken 1st overall. He is not of this caliber. Pretty poor comparison.

There are tons of shooting wingers available every draft, it is the most common type of player in the league. We can ride the next few seasons without Eiserman, using Caufield and Newhook, and we'll be fine.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If Eiserman was up to Bossy's level he would be taken 1st overall. He is not of this caliber. Pretty poor comparison.

There are tons of shooting wingers available every draft, it is the most common type of player in the league. We can ride the next few seasons without Eiserman, using Caufield and Newhook, and we'll be fine.
Pundits have been unanimous, he is the most natural goal scorer of this draft cuvée as Caufield was in his draft class - Eiserman is an elite scorer

Caufield was supposed to go top-5 then started dropping in the new year because of size & lack of being able to do anything but score

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He is unanimous by all pundits the most natural goal scorer of this draft cuvée
Which is in actuality pretty poor. You could draft MBN, Chernyshov or Sennecke and they could end up producing more than Eiserman, simply because of who centers them.

You know Kevin Stevens scored 54 & 55 goals 2 seasons in a row. I guess playing with Lemieux helped. He was drafted in the 6th round.

Habs fans' fascination with goal scorers is unhealthy imho. Remember Kostitsyn... I prefer not to, he sucked. :laugh:

Reactions: morhilane

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Here's the thing : His message was about everyone in the draft, not just the top 10. And since it is really impossible to call guys like Bratt or Point becoming stars, guys in his list were mostly consensus top 10-15 picks. Stop backtracking.
No it wasn’t about everyone. He named 3 guys in the Top 10 in rankings and thinks they have up to 100 point potential. It’s just not based on any reality. It rarely happens. If they truly had that potential, it would be an obvious 1-2-3 at the top of the draft, regardless of the amount of defencemen.

Reactions: Habs Icing

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Which is in actuality pretty poor. You could draft MBN, Chernyshov or Sennecke and they could end up producing more than Eiserman, simply because of who centers them.

You know Kevin Stevens scored 54 & 55 goals 2 seasons in a row. I guess playing with Lemieux helped. He was drafted in the 6th round.

Habs fans' fascination with goal scorers is unhealthy imho. Remember Kostitsyn... I prefer not to, he sucked. :laugh:
Eiserman has shattered scoring records at every level as Caufield did:

- Youth hockey
- Shattuck St Mary’s
- USNTDP - 5G below Caufield’s all time record without benefit of Jack Hughes type C

This is not some flash in the pan type - AKos was the product of a strong U18 tourney like KK that irrationally boosted his draft ranking

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Eiserman has shattered scoring records at every level as Caufield did:

- Youth hockey
- Shattuck St Mary’s
- USNTDP - 5G below Caufield’s all time record without benefit of Jack Hughes type C

This is not some flash in the pan type - AKos was the product of a strong U18 tourney like KK that irrationally boosted his draft ranking
I don't care, I'd rather get 4 guys who can score 30 goals each with well rounded games than 2 that can score 50, but can only that. That's all you have to understand.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't care, I'd rather get 4 guys who can score 30 goals each with well rounded games than 2 that can score 50, but can only that. That's all you have to understand.
That’s the point you’re missing, just as Caufield’s game has started to evolve under MSLs guidance this season (board battles / defensive awareness)so too can other prospects games.

They are 18-year old prospects not NHL finished products

Eiserman is off to BU to play under Pandolfo, who the Habs org has lots of familiarity & affinity with, and his game will evolve

Reactions: Rozz

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That’s the point you’re missing, just as Caufield’s game has started to evolve under MSLs guidance this season (board battles / defensive awareness)so too can other prospects games.

They are 18-year old prospects not NHL finished products

Eiserman is off to BU to play under Pandolfo, who the Habs org has lots of familiarity & affinity with, and his game will evolve
I'd rather have MSL work with Tij or Catton by several football fields' length.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'd rather have MSL work with Tij or Catton by several football fields' length.
If the Habs pick remains at 5OA, they will have their choice of F - as previously posted, I expect picks 2-4 to all be Dman.

I personally would go with Demigod in that situation, but additionally hope Eiserman will drop into mid teens like Caufield and HuGo find a way to also grab that pick

Reactions: Rozz

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If the Habs pick remains at 5OA, they will have their choice of F - as previously posted, I expect picks 2-4 to all be Dman.

I personally would go with Demigod in that situation, but additionally hope Eiserman will drop into mid teens like Caufield and HuGo find a way to also grab that pick
Depends what the ask will be. Dach cost us a 13th, so we'd need to give close to that value right?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Depends what the ask will be. Dach cost us a 13th, so we'd need to give close to that value right?
I expect Uncle Lou to make 18OA pick available for what I don’t know

Is there a way for HuGo to land 18OA + Jets 1st if Eiserman drops into teens?

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Pundits have been unanimous, he is the most natural goal scorer of this draft cuvée as Caufield was in his draft class - Eiserman is an elite scorer

Caufield was supposed to go top-5 then started dropping in the new year because of size & lack of being able to do anything but score
Turns out CC can dish the biscuit a little too!

Reactions: Schooner Guy

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I didn’t realize we are drafting three players with our first pick. Drafting Eiserman won’t prevent us from having other forwards, who are more “well rounded.” Stephane Richer didn’t prevent us from having other more well rounded forwards from ‘86-‘91.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Bossy was drafted 16th overall. Scouts had the same concerns about him that scouts have today about Eiserman.

Eiserman is a bit similar to Bossy too. Not fancy, great shot, gets lost in the weeds.

Reactions: Rozz and Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad