5 franchises still don’t have a 100 point scorer in their history

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
The importance of sports milestones are we weird. Why is 100 important? Is 100 the same achievement under different rules(eras)? How is it that Mulletman knows every obscure milestone tidbit and where was he on this one days ago?

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Why have Mike Rogers listed for Carolina when the Hurricanes un retired the numbers that Hartford had retired?

I always found it interesting that Emile Francis could GM the Hartford Whalers to a first place finish but not the New York Rangers

Reactions: Chainshot

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Selanne should be under Winnipeg. I mean, I know it's under the Coyotes name, but Winnipeg should get that history back up to 1995-96.

If the rumour and speculation is Atlanta gets a team back, we'll happily give them their franchise history back.

• Love
Reactions: jigglysquishy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The trivia question I'll pull from this is "name the two players who are the all time points in a season leader for two separate franchises".

Reactions: Plural

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I had no idea Dennis Maruk existed until I saw this list. You never hear about him.
I had to look him up played for the Golden Seals and Barons until they folded and had one insane season on a 26 win Washington team with 136 points.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
The only name I didn't recognize on that list was Mike Rogers, had to search him up. 3 straight 100 point seasons, and almost 3 straight 40 goal seasons on some mediocre teams. That's still a pretty good player even in the early 1980s
Perhaps the best Calgarian to play in the NHL before Cale Makar came along. He was an electric junior player for his hometown Centennials.

Reactions: Felidae

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I stared at this for way too long trying to remember Hossa in Winnipeg.
I find it ridiculous that all these franchises have record holders who never played for them, and now all of a sudden Utah, who is for all intents and purposes taking EVERYTHING that was the Phoenix coyotes, will start fresh with new records.

Can we not retroactively do that to all these other franchises?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I find it ridiculous that all these franchises have record holders who never played for them, and now all of a sudden Utah, who is for all intents and purposes taking EVERYTHING that was the Phoenix coyotes, will start fresh with new records.

Agreed. Winnipeg deserves their prior records.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

Because all the other franchises aren’t part of the mess that is the Coyotes. Just because the league had to get weird to make it work in Utah and get out of that ridiculous situation doesn’t mean the other teams are just going to wipe their histories.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The Jets don't want the Thrashers history.
I mean I get it, but erasing or ignoring history because you don’t want to think about it anymore doesn’t really check out.

I do get it in your case, I wish Winni was attached to their history. I’d rather them have all three teams mixed together. I don’t think you should be able to erase the thrashers.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I mean I get it, but erasing or ignoring history because you don’t want to think about it anymore doesn’t really check out.

I do get it in your case, I wish Winni was attached to their history. I’d rather them have all three teams mixed together. I don’t think you should be able to erase the thrashers.
Why can't we just do the thing all Jets fans want and do Jets 79-96 plus Jets 2011+. Let the new Atlanta team have the Thrashers.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Why can't we just do the thing all Jets fans want and do Jets 79-96 plus Jets 2011+. Let the new Atlanta team have the Thrashers.
If they do get a team id be fine with that. I just don’t think it’s right to erase history, if another team goes to Atlanta I think it’s fair to transfer then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad