AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
100% is going to setup Perry joining the Bucks. I do find it somewhat hilarious the different reactions to Punk talking about the incident and the potential for AEW to do the same. Like just keep the same energy, if you loved Punk breaking silence on it then to me it should be open season at that point.
Right... a lot of WWE homers showing their colors. It's OK for Punk to continue to run his mouth, but not OK for Tony to show actual footage. Did anybody really expect Tony to stay quiet? I think he passed on commenting at first because he didn't want to take away from ROH.

Tony will show the footage, will it change much? Guess we'll see. If it doesn't, everyone gets back to the actual wrestling - which is a win for all fans.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I would rather just let it go and try and be the "bigger person." I didn't watch the full Punk interview. Did he really lay into AEW or was he just answering the questions being asked?

If it leads to a storyline or progresses something, I'm more open to it. If it's just sinking down to Punk's level, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . I rather just build to Bucks/FTR.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I feel like this is a set up to bring Jack Perry back. What real foootage could they have that will change everyone’s opinion that loves punk? For the die hard punk fans he could murder someone and they would still find reasons why he’s innocent.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Right... a lot of WWE homers showing their colors. It's OK for Punk to continue to run his mouth, but not OK for Tony to show actual footage. Did anybody really expect Tony to stay quiet? I think he passed on commenting at first because he didn't want to take away from ROH.

Tony will show the footage, will it change much? Guess we'll see. If it doesn't, everyone gets back to the actual wrestling - which is a win for all fans.
It’s totally fine for him to show the footage, it’s just exactly what Russo would have done in WCW. That’s all. It’s the same “inside baseball” stuff he would make a part of storylines.

Me personally I’d want to distance myself from something that completely embarrassed me and my company if I was Tony but more power to him if he wants to keep reminding people of his terrible leadership and the event that caused the decline of his company

A gentle reminder this skirmish doesn’t happen if Tony had half of a testicle as a boss but alas….

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It would be something if that incident got Jack Perry over on TV. Jungle Boy had a shelf life. The Hollywood gimmick was a dud, at least to me. I’m intrigued by the Scapegoat.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You keep saying that but I disagree...its not the best, but he continues to try out things to see if they work...
You think he has charsima?

Great athlete, yes.
Good looking, yes
Charismatic, no.

Promos are bad and he has little to know stage presence. With more compelling booking, he might be interesting for a while, but I do not think he can a be a star long term. Too bland. The definition of "a good hand".

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Last time I saw him on AEW TV he had XPac heat, I doubt that’s gonna change with the reports about how much of a diva he is to work with

This is probably their only chance at making him interesting. Hopefully they pull it off for the sake of the company. Embarrassing he was ever put on the same level as MJF or Darby

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Jack Perry costs FTR the belts at Dynasty? That's my prediction.

Last time I saw him on AEW TV he had XPac heat, I doubt that’s gonna change with the reports about how much of a diva he is to work with

This is probably their only chance at making him interesting. Hopefully they pull it off for the sake of the company. Embarrassing he was ever put on the same level as MJF or Darby

Labeling the 4 guys as pillars is the worst booking decision they've ever made in my opinion. It sets up unrealistic expectations for guys like Jack and Sammy who are very good, but they will always be compared to those 2 so their work will always be looked down upon.

Reactions: Fro and CDJ

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jack Perry costs FTR the belts at Dynasty? That's my prediction.

Labeling the 4 guys as pillars is the worst booking decision they've ever made in my opinion. It sets up unrealistic expectations for guys like Jack and Sammy who are very good, but they will always be compared to those 2 so their work will always be looked down upon.
Now this is a good assessment...he got overly hyped up..is he great, no, obviously...but I see someone that is at least trying and not mailing it in. At least in my opinion so I've given him more leeway than most...

Kinda like maxine in wwe, she's not good in a lot of spots but you can tell she is busting her ass to try, and me personally give a bigger benefit of doubt to those

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Now this is a good assessment...he got overly hyped up..is he great, no, obviously...but I see someone that is at least trying and not mailing it in. At least in my opinion so I've given him more leeway than most...

Kinda like maxine in wwe, she's not good in a lot of spots but you can tell she is busting her ass to try, and me personally give a bigger benefit of doubt to those
He’s definitely a lot better than Maxine I’ll give him that lol

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I would rather just let it go and try and be the "bigger person." I didn't watch the full Punk interview. Did he really lay into AEW or was he just answering the questions being asked?

If it leads to a storyline or progresses something, I'm more open to it. If it's just sinking down to Punk's level, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . I rather just build to Bucks/FTR.

It’s totally fine for him to show the footage, it’s just exactly what Russo would have done in WCW. That’s all. It’s the same “inside baseball” stuff he would make a part of storylines.

Me personally I’d want to distance myself from something that completely embarrassed me and my company if I was Tony but more power to him if he wants to keep reminding people of his terrible leadership and the event that caused the decline of his company

A gentle reminder this skirmish doesn’t happen if Tony had half of a testicle as a boss but alas….
Yeah, I will say being the “bigger person” has never seemed to be Tony. Just going off how active/out there he is on Twitter I’d say he takes things so personally that if a former employee trashes him during the biggest week in wrestling, he’s going to respond. Which looks to be what’s happening.

Let’s see the footage and then make a judgement. Some seem like they want him to just ignore Punk, but given the publicity and how Tony operates… was never going to happen.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
You think he has charsima?

Great athlete, yes.
Good looking, yes
Charismatic, no.

Promos are bad and he has little to know stage presence. With more compelling booking, he might be interesting for a while, but I do not think he can a be a star long term. Too bland. The definition of "a good hand".

Is he though? he has the physique of the kid who chases down the shopping carts at the grocery store, and he is 26 with the hairline of a 47 year old

he is like a mini version of Kenny G

1712517634643.png

1712517662062.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad