Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXV

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I wouldn't be surprised. There seems to be a lot of people that get off on hating her for no good reason except that she's a strong, smart, talented, and extremely successful woman that doesn't let people push her around. People don't even have to like her music to appreciate what she's done/doing. She's breaking music industry records left and right, yet many choose to be petty.

Yes, another example is Madonna, whose music I have never cared for. Her brother-in-law is the brilliant songwriter/producer Joe Henry. Madonna was in his social circle in suburban Detroit when they were in high school. He says that he has never met someone so confident and self-assured. I can easily ignore the music and hype behind Swift and Madonna, while still respecting them for putting in the hard work to get where they are.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, another example is Madonna, whose music I have never cared for. Her brother-in-law is the brilliant songwriter/producer Joe Henry. Madonna was in his social circle in suburban Detroit when they were in high school. He says that he has never met someone so confident and self-assured. I can easily ignore the music and hype behind Swift and Madonna, while still respecting them for putting in the hard work to get where they are.

I lived in Rochester, MI for 3-4 years before moving to AZ after HS. My ex-wife went to the same HS as Madonna, Rochester Adams HS (I went to the other one, Rochester HS.) Different generation to Madonna though.

Madonna's dad lived next door to my old boss at the pizza shop I worked at. Told me about a time when he was unloading groceries, a limo pulling up, Madonna and Sean Penn getting out, and ending up in their basement smoking a joint with Sean Penn and her brother while Madonna visits with dad upstairs.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just met Tony Fauci. I'm star struck. Did my best not to stutter. Between his leadership managing the early years of HIV/AIDS, stopping impending ZIKA and then Ebola epidemics in their tracks, and his steady hand in shepherding the COVID vaccination process, the man is a legend in the medical field.

This is the guy who pushed for blood testing to prevent HIV transmission during blood transfusions, pushed for clean needles for IV addicts, and convinced a very disparate and distrusting gay community to practice safe sex. As an aside, I helped care for arguably the very first documented pediatric HIV (then HTLV) patient during residency back in NY.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Just met Tony Fauci. I'm star struck. Did my best not to stutter. Between his leadership managing the early years of HIV/AIDS, stopping impending ZIKA and then Ebola epidemics in their tracks, and his steady hand in shepherding the COVID vaccination process, the man is a legend in the medical field.

This is the guy who pushed for blood testing to prevent HIV transmission during blood transfusions, pushed for clean needles for IV addicts, and convinced a very disparate and distrusting gay community to practice safe sex. As an aside, I helped care for arguably the very first documented pediatric HIV (then HTLV) patient during residency back in NY.
Oh boy. I dunno if I wanna touch this one…

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Shame that you feel that way. the sooner we, as a nation, get past politicizing vaccines and go back to believing in evidence based, well, everything, not just medicine, the better off we will all be.
Have you checked Pfizer and Moderna stock lately? Down upwards of 40-50%. That’s for a reason. No one is taking their garbage product anymore because it doesn’t work.

I’ve decided I’m not in the mood to shatter anyone’s illusions today. If people have lived through the last 3 years and still not figured out what’s gone on, I’m gonna let the ignorance is bliss people keep on keepin’ on. I will say that RFK’s book exists…and he didn’t pull all the information in there out of nowhere.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Have you checked Pfizer and Moderna stock lately? Down upwards of 40-50%. That’s for a reason. No one is taking their garbage product anymore because it doesn’t work.

I’ve decided I’m not in the mood to shatter anyone’s illusions today. If people have lived through the last 3 years and still not figured out what’s gone on, I’m gonna let the ignorance is bliss people keep on keepin’ on. I will say that RFK’s book exists…and he didn’t pull all the information in there out of nowhere.
So? My hunch is that the stock is down because the feds are no longer purchasing the vaccines. It’s fully in the private market now and the pharmacies are more judicious in their spending than the feds.

I absolutely abhor Big Pharma. We agree there. Unfortunately the only alternative at this time is Bigger Government.

As to the products, a look at published data show that they don’t stop infection rate nor transmission very well. They do, however, stop severe infection and life threatening infection quite well. Mixed bag, depending upon one’s expectations.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
So? My hunch is that the stock is down because the feds are no longer purchasing the vaccines. It’s fully in the private market now and the pharmacies are more judicious in their spending than the feds.

I absolutely abhor Big Pharma. We agree there. Unfortunately the only alternative at this time is Bigger Government.

As to the products, a look at published data show that they don’t stop infection rate nor transmission very well. They do, however, stop severe infection and life threatening infection quite well. Mixed bag, depending upon one’s expectations.
Fair enough. Appreciate your honesty. Having said that, I think anyone reasonable can agree they shouldn’t be recommend for everyone across the board.

As with all things, we should be able to find common ground and realize the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Is all of the medical industry bad and Fauci is the antichrist? No. Is the medical industry altruistic and just wants to help and put people first? No. Is Fauci Mr. Rogers, your good ole neighborhood doc? No, he isn’t. Truth is usually somewhere in between all that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d like to hear opinions on new controversies rather than rehashing the old junk. Maybe you guys can help me with this one…

Why did they suddenly just decide that Phenylephrine doesn’t work at all and has never worked and shouldn’t even be available to purchase (CVS removing these products)? And then suddenly decide that Pseudoephedrine is actually good and fine and you should go ahead and buy it right now? But that’ll be behind the counter. So get the ID out and get ready to sign.

This effectively relegates all real cold meds to behind the counter, correct?

Where did this come from? Why now? Should we expect skyrocketing prices? What is this all about?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’d like to hear opinions on new controversies rather than rehashing the old junk. Maybe you guys can help me with this one…

Why did they suddenly just decide that Phenylephrine doesn’t work at all and has never worked and shouldn’t even be available to purchase (CVS removing these products)? And then suddenly decide that Pseudoephedrine is actually good and fine and you should go ahead and buy it right now? But that’ll be behind the counter. So get the ID out and get ready to sign.

This effectively relegates all real cold meds to behind the counter, correct?

Where did this come from? Why now? Should we expect skyrocketing prices? What is this all about?
Lots of medication got “grandfathered” in with the start of the FDA. There’s big money to be made in cough and cold medicine. Big Pharma won’t sponsor new studies on old meds. When universities do it, their results get fought tooth and nail by industry lobbyists at the FDA and even in Congress. That’s why it takes so long to get medicine removed from the market. I prescribe Kleenex and honey for colds btw.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

That’s precisely what’s going on.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Lots of medication got “grandfathered” in with the start of the FDA. There’s big money to be made in cough and cold medicine. Big Pharma won’t sponsor new studies on old meds. When universities do it, their results get fought tooth and nail by industry lobbyists at the FDA and even in Congress. That’s why it takes so long to get medicine removed from the market. I prescribe Kleenex and honey for colds btw.
Haha nice. Can we just lump lobbyists in with telemarketers and door to door salesmen and ban/ignore them or cut them out of society?

I found a good recipe with oranges, pineapples, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and honey…blend it all up and drink it. Seems to work pretty well.

rt

May 13, 2004
You two are nuts if you think that pseudoephedrine doesn’t work. It absolutely does. I’m sure it’s also poison. But it most definitely makes a huge difference and very quickly.

I found a good recipe with oranges, pineapples, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and honey…blend it all up and drink it. Seems to work pretty well.
This is a 0% chance this has any impact. Eye of newt would be as effective. ;)

I thought you two were decent, common sense, drug taking people. Not hippy dippy potion makers!!!

EDIT: I hope this comes across playfully as intended.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

If you’re ranking the validity of vaccines by stock prices then you are NOT really that serious.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
You two are nuts if you think that pseudoephedrine doesn’t work. It absolutely does. I’m sure it’s also poison. But it most definitely makes a huge difference and very quickly.

This is a 0% chance this has any impact. Eye of newt would be as effective. ;)

I thought you two were decent, common sense, drug taking people. Not hippy dippy potion makers!!!

EDIT: I hope this comes across playfully as intended.
Haha I think he was talking about phenylephrine not pseudoephedrine. But food is medicine, it does work!

Oranges - Vitamin C
Pineapples - has an enzyme called bromelain that helps your body fight pain and swelling, reduces inflammation.
Onion - contains vitamin C and quercetin, which is an antioxidant that helps delay oxidative damage to cells and tissue.
Garlic - antiviral and boosts immune function
Turmeric - anti inflammatory and antioxidant
Cayenne - Vitamins C, A, K and helps blood vessels and immune system
Ginger - reduces nausea and fights cold and flu symptoms
Honey - antibacterial superfood

rt

May 13, 2004
Haha I think he was talking about phenylephrine not pseudoephedrine. But food is medicine, it does work!

Oranges - Vitamin C
Pineapples - has an enzyme called bromelain that helps your body fight pain and swelling, reduces inflammation.
Onion - contains vitamin C and quercetin, which is an antioxidant that helps delay oxidative damage to cells and tissue.
Garlic - antiviral and boosts immune function
Turmeric - anti inflammatory and antioxidant
Cayenne - Vitamins C, A, K and helps blood vessels and immune system
Ginger - reduces nausea and fights cold and flu symptoms
Honey - antibacterial superfood
Yep. And I’m sure it if you drank that every day you’d have some long term benefits. It will do nothing to overcome the sniffles already set upon you. Just as brushing your teeth REALLY well the morning of your dental exam won’t make the cavity go away.

Also, I believe almost none of what’s in your right hand column. Every generation has seemingly plausible quack sciences. Phrenology, bloodletting, and anti inflammatory super foods. These are the same to me.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
If you’re ranking the validity of vaccines by stock prices then you are NOT really that serious.
Well yeah, it’s obviously more about the fact that they have about 10% efficacy and don’t do anything that all the “experts” on tv told you they were going to do. But everyone already knows that now. As the good doctor Bonsai just said himself.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The guy should be in jail.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yep. And I’m sure it if you drank that every day you’d have some long term benefits. It will do nothing to overcome the sniffles already set upon you. Just as brushing your teeth REALLY well the morning of your dental exam won’t make the cavity go away.

Also, I believe almost none of what’s in your right hand column. Every generation has seemingly plausible quack sciences. Phrenology, bloodletting, and anti inflammatory super foods. These are the same to me.
Eh, I wouldn’t be so sure. You drink a helping of that 3 times a day everyday you’re sick and it will activate and supercharge your body’s natural immune response. Isn’t going to make your sniffles go away with a snap but will most likely help you recover faster and help your blood flow and open up your airways a bit.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Back in the 50s my grandma's brother was in a really bad car accident and was the only survivor of 4 passengers. He lost both legs and ended up getting gangrene. The doctors were about to remove more of his leg because they couldn't stop it. Supposedly my grandma wrapped his leg in sliced onion and it went away, avoiding losing more of his leg.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Back in the 50s my grandma's brother was in a really bad car accident and was the only survivor of 4 passengers. He lost both legs and ended up getting gangrene. The doctors were about to remove more of his leg because they couldn't stop it. Supposedly my grandma wrapped his leg in sliced onion and it went away, avoiding losing more of his leg.
That is wild! But I believe it. People often overlook the natural healing properties of food.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Well yeah, it’s obviously more about the fact that they have about 10% efficacy and don’t do anything that all the “experts” on tv told you they were going to do. But everyone already knows that now. As the good doctor Bonsai just said himself.
Plenty of studies say otherwise but I don’t get into haggling debates over things like that.

I also don’t have any 5G signals eminating from me…. nor have an insatiable urge to sun myself and randomly snag insects to eat either.

Why not just respect someone’s feelings about meeting someone who is considered by most to be a leader in his field of work and leave it at that?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad