Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I see Peeke is not playing for Boston. Is he hurt or has the team realized he's not a top six d-man?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Broken hand and had surgery on it. He was a lineup regular for them before getting hurt

I don't think there was a surgery. He's week to week and I heard just a couple days ago that he could be back later in the series vs Florida.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
It has nothing to do with Rielly (who generally stinks on rush defense).

To me it looks like he’s (a little to high in the zone) anticipating Lindholm dumping it in on the short side, and turns his hips to face him, then as a result is a step late in getting to Pasta. Marner as I mentioned just watches pasta skate past, not sure if he thought he’d be passed off to Rielly or not..

Samsonov definitely should've got to that puck but in his defense it's an unpredictable bounce off the boards that's at that really annoying distance where he actually needs to make a decision and it kinda looks like the puck rolling so slow actually caught him by surprise :D But yeah he froze.
There is something any of them could have done for sure, and you’d have liked to see those things, but the inverse is that sometimes a play works. You note responsibilities and tendencies and you come up with something you think will work. It did.

Here is a really interesting article about who is to blame for the goal.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
It's an egregious attempt to throw an elbow at the head. Intent should matter.

Nothing will happen, of course. It's the NHL.

I read on the mains his elbow comes up because Necas dodges the hit and Trouba is bracing himself for contact with the boards... which makes complete sense, chicken wing elbow towards the nearest head in sight is like the basic human reflex in any unexpected situation :sarcasm:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I'm too lazy to read and comprehend that whole article but I would definitely read an article about what the CBJ do and why we are so bad at it.
The point of that article is that neutral zone defense starts on the forecheck. People blame the people who are back that you see (Morgan Reilly, Mitch Marner), but Bertuzzi made a mistake. I bet we screw up a lot on the forecheck and the guys who are back pay for it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The point of that article is that neutral zone defense starts on the forecheck. People blame the people who are back that you see (Morgan Reilly, Mitch Marner), but Bertuzzi made a mistake. I bet we screw up a lot on the forecheck and the guys who are back pay for it.
now I feel like asking that writer to break down the Jackets defense the same way he did the Leafs in the article :laugh:

Reactions: koteka

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
now I feel like asking that writer to break down the Jackets defense the same way he did the Leafs in the article :laugh:

We need more articles like that. That is what the hockey media should be doing. I’d love it if a guy like Voracek would analyze some of our goals against and say what he sees is breaking down.

Reactions: MAHJ71

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'd like to mention that since the year 2006, we've won the same number of playoff series as the Toronto Maple Leafs. Not counting the bubble series we won against them.

Reactions: MAHJ71 and Monk

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd like to mention that since the year 2006, we've won the same number of playoff series as the Toronto Maple Leafs. Not counting the bubble series we won against them.

The way I phrase it is that we've won more post-season series than the Leafs since 2006.

• Love
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad