Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I really thought they were dead in the water with their nightmare matchup against the Jets, but damn have they shown up in this series. f***ing wild, I wonder who can stop them.

As long as Georgiev gives them average goaltending, they will blow through all opponents the way they are playing.
They had a poor offseason and then corrected or improved almost all their issues at the deadline.

I want them out in the first round because reasons. That means they'll be going deep.

Reactions: Flik

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
And just further to that, I don't really think the 'big 4' is the biggest problem either.

Biggest problem is coaching. I don't think Keefe is 'the worst' coach in the league or anything but he's middling at best and below-average at worst and isn't a guy who can coach the sort of structure into teams that wins in the playoffs. And this is doubly important on a team built around skill players which has consistently been iffy/lacking in terms of goaltending/blueline personnel.

They’ve also not done anything substantial to improve the defence. Have tinkered on the margins and depth but nothing that actually would make a long-term difference.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Watch us win today with our third string goalie when other "powerhouse" teams like the Leafs can't do shit with anything.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Crazy that this amount of officiating incompetency is allowed and present in the playoffs. Penalties that shouldn’t even be called in the regular season are commonplace right now, it’s insane

Reactions: VanillaCoke

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
That bracket with Colorado, Dallas and Vegas is going to emerge out of the West.

Just cannot see Edmonton, Nashville, LA or Vancouver beating any of those teams.

Reactions: quat

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I can't wait to genuinely cheer for him at the Olympics. Right now, I can just appreciate the talent at a distance, but it'd be fun to put my heart into it at some point lol
He's technically ineligible, isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad