Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So Dallas blew a 3-0 lead and lost. Led 3-0 after one, and wound up losing in OT 4-3.

That game was almost identical to our infamous Blackhawks game 1 in 2015. We led 3-0 after one and wound up losing 4-3 in 2OT. We actually played very well in that series. I always wonder what would have happened had we not blown that game.

Reactions: Scoresberg

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So Dallas blew a 3-0 lead and lost. Led 3-0 after one, and wound up losing in OT 4-3.

That game was almost identical to our infamous Blackhawks game 1 in 2015. We led 3-0 after one and wound up losing 4-3 in 2OT. We actually played very well in that series. I always wonder what would have happened had we not blown that game.
I'm thinking that's another series where we made a backup goalie look awesome. Darling, maybe?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah we were wearing Crawford out, especially Wilson, and then they swapped and it all went down hill.
In that series, we lost

a 2OT game (that we led 3-0).
A 3OT game,
And a one goal game in which we led 2-0 early.
Had two blowout wins at home.

Yet another very painful series loss, one that we easily could/should have won.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
At this point you gotta wonder if the hockey gods are setting them up to lose in the finals again.
I'm afraid that that destiny belongs to the Oilers, as they're ones with Corey Perry, loser of 3 Cup Finals in the last 5 years with 3 different teams. The only question is which lucky Eastern team gets to make it 4 in 6.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I'm afraid that that destiny belongs to the Oilers, as they're ones with Corey Perry, loser of 3 Cup Finals in the last 5 years with 3 different teams. The only question is which lucky Eastern team gets to make it 4 in 6.
IDK, Stars and Avs will have something to say about it. Both can score and can play D at times and are lightening fast!

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I feel like any team left has a decent shot at winning it. I’d put Vancouver/Edmonton at the bottom of my prediction list but even then they’re both solid teams.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks fan here, watching the Oilers just give up after being up on us made me respect your team more than I already did. I never once got the feeling that any of your players had given up or that they weren't willing to suffer if it meant getting out of that round. If you guys can add just one offensive player capable of breaking a game or two you'll leap frog a bunch of other playoff teams into being a team nobody wants to face.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What a shitty year for the playoffs. Carolina is f***ed so about all that's left is to root for Ekholm to get a Cup, which would also shut everyone up about McDavid, much like Ovie finally winning did

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad