Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Definitely painful to watch. On the Jets last PP, I raised my voice at the TV...again. No one in front of the net but two guys positioned outside of the posts. No screening whatsoever. The Russian had an unobstructed view of the proceedings. One of many issues.

omegaturk

Jan 23, 2021
Watching Makar go coast to coast without a Jet touching him tells you everything you need to know about what ails this team.
I don't get how some people aren't seeing how they've given up the neutral zone in these playoffs. Have they only started watching the Jets in the last month or something? It's a drastic change and the coaching not going back to it at this point is just outright confusing.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't know if a new coach even helps to be honest, Maurice is doing pretty damn good in Florida, its this core of players , they just aren't able to do anything come playoffs. Ehlers 4 goals in 35 playoff games is a joke for example. Too many guys that disappear come playoffs. Having said that staying with Bowness isn't a option either.

The core needs some changes as well and imo Ehlers is gone. But we can't move on from Mark and Helle now. We've committed so we have to try something different to make it work with them. We don't really have much choice here.

Imo the org needs to change how they do things top to bottom. The old school approach isn't working with this group.

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Awful penalty kill and power play all year. Huge regression in defensive commitment since the all star break. All major warning signs that we were told were being overblown.

Are we good to panic now or should we wait until we fail to show up on Tuesday? Inquiring Chicken Littles want to know.

"Stop questioning the coach, what are your hockey qualifications?"

"Stop being negative"

Anyone who has been paying attention since the ASB could see that this was well within the realm of possibilities. For me I am not even that mad about this unlike past exits as I had come to terms with a quick 1st round exit in my head since that last Nashville game- to which the coach responded by making all the wrong moves- benching the wrong player, reuniting the wrong failed line, doubling down on the wrong 3rd pairing d-man and promoting a guy who had been struggling the most to the top pairing (this last one may have happened +/- one game).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just listened the pressers. Seems like we got the good old annual Mark and Bones disagreement. Mark pretty much calling out coaching by saying they aren't making any adjustments. Bones having no answer to that other then stay out of the box and stop turning the puck over. I mean while true, if that is the best he has its no wonder things are bad.

He also got really defensive when called out on not putting AJF on the PK when ghat was the reason he was inserted. Also got defensive when called out for leaving Perfetti on the bench.

I'm happy with the media, they didn't let him off the hook for his decisions. Seems like Cole likely goes in based on the answer that there will be lineup changes to if he was an option. But it shouldn't come to having your back against the wall to make good coaching decisions.

DrChar

Jul 13, 2023
Just looking at all the avs goals now.

Wow

Are the Avs too fast
they want it more than the Jets
Why are the Jets looked disorganized out there?

Disorganized to me equates to lack of confidence that this jets core has always struggled with and sadly seems to always be our teams identity. Much easier to mask in the regular season when you aren’t playing the same team that can exploit your weaknesses.

This team operates on a razor thin line of organized with confidence or getting punched in the mouth and no answers to regain any momentum. They rely on weak teams imploding instead of digging deep and earning it back

Reactions: Orrrules

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I can't believe some wanted to give Toffoli and Monahan term and dollar deals .
I was one that was high on Monahan, but now seeing he has no heart and passion in the big games, I'm not sure if it be wise to sign him. I was never high on Toffoli, as he's far too slow, and plays with no heart -- let him walk, and definitely do not resign him.

What the hell is wrong with Bowness's head ? why would he play AJF, and not play Perfetti, who played great his last 6-8 games. I think it's time for Bowness to go -- he's going on 72 yrs old.

I think we need a good young Coach, definitely not Arniel, and then what do you do with guys like Villardi ? who have been invisible in this series ? as well as other guys. Big, and right decisions have to made with this hockey club.

Last edited:

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
I don't get how some people aren't seeing how they've given up the neutral zone in these playoffs. Have they only started watching the Jets in the last month or something? It's a drastic change and the coaching not going back to it at this point is just outright confusing.
I think Bowness checked out when his wife got sick.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Sad day for Winnipeg Jets fans.

I didn't watch the game--was busy preparing a talk and I knew it would likely not end well.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the Jets simply don't have the talent, despite their regular season record, so the only realistic chance to go far in the playoffs was to optimize the talent they had, adapt their system to the opposition, take minimal penalties and have Helle stand on his head. None of that happened, not even close, and the results speak for themselves.

There is zero chance Bowness is back next year--he needs to retire for his own health and the Jets need a better coach.

Brad Lauer needs to go, obviously.

The entire second line could be gone by sometime next season--Monahan and Tofolli for sure, and I'd be surprised if Ehlers commits to re-signing, after his utilization here.

Half the defense that played today needs to go--I'll let y'all figure out who; it's not hard.

Perfetti and Ville will have their chance next season, they have decent forward depth and anything is possible if they have a progressive coach.

But it's hard to feel positive at a time like this. Nuff said.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Chevy needs to take away Bowness crutches if he is going to be the coach.

Get rid of Monahan, pionk, Appleton, toffoli, Schmidt. Mandate him to play the kids. Perfetti sitting the entire playoffs is a f***ing joke. Heinola having not gotten an nhl chance is dumb as f***.

This core has no chance of winning without significant additions and that has to be from within. Sami/heinola/rutger/lambert/chibrikov/perfetti have to hit on some of those guys if we have any chance of becoming a contender.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy needs to take away Bowness crutches if he is going to be the coach.

Get rid of Monahan, pionk, Appleton, toffoli, Schmidt. Mandate him to play the kids. Perfetti sitting the entire playoffs is a f***ing joke. Heinola having not gotten an nhl chance is dumb as f***.

This core has no chance of winning without significant additions and that has to be from within. Sami/heinola/rutger/lambert/chibrikov/perfetti have to hit on some of those guys if we have any chance of becoming a contender.

Well said. Over the hill vets aren't the answer. Internal growth is really the only chance we have.

Reactions: Orrrules

Blasto

Dec 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
From what I can tell and I could be totally wrong, the Avs adjusted and upper their effort after G1 and the Jets didn't/can't.

I thought the Jets were going to be different this year, but I appear to be wrong.

Reactions: Fairview and rkp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad