Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yes let's hope that the kid stays healthy throughout his career and that the Hawks are able to surround him with serviceable players both up front and on the back end as well.

I'm more confident in this happening with KD in control than I would be with Stanley still steering the ship, lets put it that way.

I'm loving the fact that the team seems focused on building a quick squad. That'll be such a nice squad to watch once they all crack the roster.
(Long post but neat and question at the end)

Buffalo fan here, I am excited to see Bedard's career unfold with the hawks as before I witnessed Kane's as it was a great ride while the Sabres were doodoo.

I do like alot of the futures ya'll have but, the d-core from the outside doesn't look all that great this year, I know he is Bedard but not a lot of great support to insulate him I mean hall is a good player but seems more of a bordering first liner at this point Donato is alright for bottom six raddysh has a decent shot reichel has big upside but will be a rookie then you have foligno a good mid six vet with experience Lafferty don't know much about solid 4th liner maybe? AA is well you know then the rest.

I know you are still rebuilding but you still need more depth like signing a tartar and trying to get defensively reposonsible match-up center to try to shelter Bedard and reichel and make their transition easier.

Now defense is headlined by Jones and honestly the rest at much prettier outside of Murphy now the prospect pipeline looks decent but only with korchinski looking to have top pairing pmd potential if he hits his ceiling need at least one more high end d prospect.

Forward prospects, now like I said before I am a Sabres fan and don't know to much about the prospects but, nazar and Oliver Moore if they hit their ceilings nazar: rw two way guy with speed skill and creativity dynamic all around probably somewhere between a 60 point producer and ppg as a ceiling, will get 1c duties in NCAA with fantilli gone could be a line driver or complimentary skill player Oliver Moore: Two way center with tons of speed and good good shot seems to have decent hands but should work on his passing upside for me is Dylan Larkin which is his absolute ceiling but might end up a 50-60 point elite 3c depending how this team shakes out.

Needs: after these observations with Moore, Nazar and korchinski in mind what the Hawks need is at least 2 more pmd capable of top 4 minutes, 1 shd, 1 top six power forward with an offensive touch. Now what targets with in the pipeline, future draft and free agency fit these player descriptions? Oh and another need would be finding Bedard his elite wingman maybe it's nazar or next years pick

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017

Buffalo fan here, I am excited to see Bedard's career unfold with the hawks as before I witnessed Kane's as it was a great ride while the Sabres were doodoo.

I do like alot of the futures ya'll have but, the d-core from the outside doesn't look all that great this year, I know he is Bedard but not a lot of great support to insulate him I mean hall is a good player but seems more of a bordering first liner at this point Donato is alright for bottom six raddysh has a decent shot reichel has big upside but will be a rookie then you have foligno a good mid six vet with experience Lafferty don't know much about solid 4th liner maybe? AA is well you know then the rest.

I know you are still rebuilding but you still need more depth like signing a tartar and trying to get defensively reposonsible match-up center to try to shelter Bedard and reichel and make their transition easier.

Now defense is headlined by Jones and honestly the rest at much prettier outside of Murphy now the prospect pipeline looks decent but only with korchinski looking to have top pairing pmd potential if he hits his ceiling need at least one more high end d prospect.

Forward prospects, now like I said before I am a Sabres fan and don't know to much about the prospects but, nazar and Oliver Moore if they hit their ceilings nazar: rw two way guy with speed skill and creativity dynamic all around probably somewhere between a 60 point producer and ppg as a ceiling, will get 1c duties in NCAA with fantilli gone could be a line driver or complimentary skill player Oliver Moore: Two way center with tons of speed and good good shot seems to have decent hands but should work on his passing upside for me is Dylan Larkin which is his absolute ceiling but might end up a 50-60 point elite 3c depending how this team shakes out.

Needs: after these observations with Moore, Nazar and korchinski in mind what the Hawks need is at least 2 more pmd capable of top 4 minutes, 1 shd, 1 top six power forward with an offensive touch. Now what targets with in the pipeline, future draft and free agency fit these player descriptions? Oh and another need would be finding Bedard his elite wingman maybe it's nazar or next years pick

I think the Hawks may target one of the good defensemen in this upcoming draft and they have a second 1st rounder again this year as well (I think?) from the Hagel trade with Tampa.

Now if they wind up with another lottery pick in the top 3, then they'll very very likely be selecting one of Celebrini, Eiserman or Demidov obviously. If they miss out on a top 3 pick, perhaps they target the consensus top defenseman in the draft. We'll have to see how things shake out.

The Hawks could very well finish in the bottom 3 of the league once again this year, despite having Bedard. On the flip side, Bedard could hit the ground running and play so well that the team finishes higher than bottom 3. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast coming in to the league his first season but neither did Sidney Crosby and he finished with over 100 points. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Faceboner

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

The goal is to lose every game this year 7-6 with Bedard getting 3-6 points every game. Then win the lottery again and grab another franchise level player. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Reactions: Faceboner

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_6500.png

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
In all seriousness, how has the kid looked? - better, worse, or just what was promised. Please try and be objective.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Was that the rookie game?

No it was the Blackhawks’ first preseason game on Thursday against St. Louis. He had two primary assists on the team’s two goals and had some pretty sweet moves throughout the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad