Player Discussion Cam Fowler

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would really hope Verbeek will get an ideal partner for Cam, someone like a Manson type but better. Would really make him be able to play his game. Can see him having some of his best season while in his 30’s then.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I posted about him last year around this time and he ended up having me eat my words for a long stretch, but so far, it looks like the people who were worried about him playing all sorts of extra minutes after the trade deadline last year were correct. Looks completely exhausted on top of playing all the minutes that he isn't suited for.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I bet if Fowler got on a good team and played a role suited for him, he’d have success like Lindholm too.
True if he were extremely sheltered like Theodore and playing on a Good team he would probably put up 50 to 55 points but it would come at the expense of him playing absolutely no tough minutes.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's played 442 minutes and has 5 hits.

Reactions: Kalv

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
At least he is starting to produce, like he should be. Has 6 points in 3 games.

Funny how the power play improved immediately once the supposed quarterback was replaced by the Muffin Man who can't get his shots through.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

That is Fowler 1st goal of the season from yesterday's game. In his last 3 games he has 1 goal and 5 assists. Prior to these last 3 games he had a lone assist in his first 15 games.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Fowler is infinitely better at QB'ing the PP right now than Klingberg. I'm convinced Klingberg loves to just throw headfakes and jukes for the sake of making the opposing player react, without an actual intention of trying to get it to the player he should at the time he should. Really feel like the opportunities die on his stick.

Reactions: bsu and Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
you're a broken record at this point. we get it, he doesn't hit very much.
It's not about hitting very much. He's on a 5 game "heater" and still not even at .5 ppg despite playing all the minutes during the game including PP..... You have to assume him playing that many minutes and just being out there will lead to a couple assists. He's making a lot of money for a lot of years, I guess I'm too hard on someone that should be performing, one of our "vets" and one of our "leaders". I mean he got a 8 year deal. What other defensemen have gotten 8 year deals and aren't good/great offensively, defensively or physical? He's one of the main culprits of being the worst PP and worst PK in the league (he plays the most on both on D).

Yes I agree he's playing higher than he should be... like 2 spots higher. He's also playing too many minutes but with minutes usually comes production at least from random assists/dumps/etc. Eakins has mismanaged many players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deuce22

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
2 points last night, him and Kulikov were good last night. Has 10 points in his last 7 games, and is now at .50 PPG on the season. PP has looked much better since he took over for Klingberg.
5 PP points, 4 multipoint games, -1

In that span
Zegras 7 points (3 last night), 3 PPP, -3
Henrique - 6 points, 4 PPP, -1
Terry - 4 points, 2 PPP, -1
McTavish - 4 points, 3 PPP, even
Jone - 2 points, -4
Strome - 2 points, -5
Kulikov - 2 points, +1
Klingberg, Grant, Lundestrom, Carrick, White, Vatrano, Beaulieu all with 1

Hopefully the Fowler usage continues the way it has been, and the rest of the team starts scoring too. This does affirm my desire to retain Kulikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad