Player Discussion Cam Fowler

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
5 PP points, 4 multipoint games, -1

In that span
Zegras 7 points (3 last night), 3 PPP, -3
Henrique - 6 points, 4 PPP, -1
Terry - 4 points, 2 PPP, -1
McTavish - 4 points, 3 PPP, even
Jone - 2 points, -4
Strome - 2 points, -5
Kulikov - 2 points, +1
Klingberg, Grant, Lundestrom, Carrick, White, Vatrano, Beaulieu all with 1

Hopefully the Fowler usage continues the way it has been, and the rest of the team starts scoring too. This does affirm my desire to retain Kulikov.

Kulikov has been very solid, and compliments Fowler well. Considering we got him for free makes it look even better. Not trying to diss any players but, I think this team will be better when Shatty, Klingberg, and Beaulieu are gone. It sucks they lost Drysdale and Vaak missed the first 20 something games (hopefully he is back next game, think he will be) Those two were critical to the rebuild and player development focus.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Kulikov has been very solid, and compliments Fowler well. Considering we got him for free makes it look even better. Not trying to diss any players but, I think this team will be better when Shatty, Klingberg, and Beaulieu are gone. It sucks they lost Drysdale and Vaak missed the first 20 something games (hopefully he is back next game, think he will be) Those two were critical to the rebuild and player development focus.
I’d suspect Vaakanainen gets the full 3 AHL games to make sure he can handle the contact with no setbacks, but yes, we need him back.

I think Klingberg would be fine on the 2nd or 3rd pairing with someone like Kulikov, but we don’t have one. Benoit - Klingberg wasn’t horrible though. The guy just needs to figure out how to focus for an entire game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo87

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Took a while to finally find a fit.

Fowler-Drysdale ❌
Fowler-Klingberg ❌
xxx-Fowler ❌
Fowler-Kulikov ✅

We're moving more towards a traditional OFD-DFD type roles. Kulikov has been throwing his body around recently. Guess Benoit threw a challenge out there for Kulikov to see if he can match Benoit's hip checks.

Along the lines of traditional roles, I do like the Benoit-Klingberg pairing. It matches very well. That would leave Vaaks-Shatty. There's some chemistry with the two from last season. Maybe a Vaaks-Klingberg is too much like Vaaks-Drysdale of last season.

Reactions: Leonardo87

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's definitely picked up his game and started playing better in the past 2 weeks. He was absolutely horrible to start the season. Jamie Drysdale still had more hits than him though....lol... He played 8 games and is also baby shit soft. Hopefully Cam keeps his play up because our defense is an embarassment.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
1670649843055.png

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
hit tracking has always been inconsistent, you should know this. but it still doesn't matter and the fact that you keep obsessing over it is dumb.
Name 1 Cam hit you remember this season... 1. It's a huge sample size... many many many minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: dracom

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Easily the most underrated player in franchise history.
Hampus by a country mile for me but to each their own. Also think Andy McDonald was underrated in his time here. Hampus was the best defensemen we ever drafted and developed... And our own fanbase already forgets he exists.... Fowler is literally the golden boy of the Ducks... How is he underrated lol

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hampus by a country mile for me but to each their own. Also think Andy McDonald was underrated in his time here. Hampus was the best defensemen we ever drafted and developed... And our own fanbase already forgets he exists.... Fowler is literally the golden boy of the Ducks... How is he underrated lol

Lindholm - badly underrated in that many denied how damn good he was

Fowler - Criminally underrated in that many have been actually convinced he is bad

McDonald - Unacceptably overlooked in discussions of that era of Ducks hockey

Overall I give it to Fowler because while the other two definitely did not get their due respect, no one went out of their way to dismiss them like we've seen with Cam over the years.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Lindholm - badly underrated in that many denied how damn good he was

Fowler - Criminally underrated in that many have been actually convinced he is bad

McDonald - Unacceptably overlooked in discussions of that era of Ducks hockey
No one is convinced he's bad. He's one of the best skating transition defensemen. He just isn't really good offensively and not good defensively. He has his use and if we could draft him again at the same spot anyone would be stupid not to.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No one is convinced he's bad. He's one of the best skating transition defensemen. He just isn't really good offensively and not good defensively. He has his use and if we could draft him again at the same spot anyone would be stupid not to.

Maybe not today but there has certainly been folks over the years who believed that he was actively hurting the Ducks cause and/or flat out wanted him gone.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With 22 games remaining, Cam is eight points shy of the career high that he set last season (42). Sitting on 34 with a shot at his first 45 or possibly 50 point season.

Really rooting for him to do it. Would be remarkable on this team considering how bad things have been.

I wish we had a better PP coach and execution. All our guys would be at better numbers now. Zegras , Terry and Mac alone would have another 5-10 points more easily.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe not today but there has certainly been folks over the years who believed that he was actively hurting the Ducks cause and/or flat out wanted him gone.
He's not flat out actively hurting the ducks... There's no defensemen in the league that could come and make this team look good defensively.... Just like there's no goalie in the league that could come here and do that.

That's completely unreasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad