Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Lindholm has turned into a disaster.

Out for the regular season.

Couldn't even LTIR him before the TDL to leverage a deal like Vegas.

Just brutal.

This is why insiders get such a bad name. He outright said he heard it’s as a rumour and was told not to go forward with it, and here you are taking it as gospel. Sorry to come at you, but just state exactly what he says because someone else is going to read it, take it as gospel and it’s all “Friedman SAID!!!! Wahhhh”

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
drance cited paul, marchment, and engvall as comps

those were 18-22MM contracts

… 3.5x6 for Joshua?

Reactions: Petey O and Vector

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Reports are the Canucks felt they made a stronger offer for Tanev than the Stars but the Flames, for reason not stated, went with the Stars instead.

Yeah but they could have had him for that 1st rounder, reportedly. Probably would have taken heat for it at the time, but would have worked out better. Spent it on Lindholm instead. Would have been easier to swallow if they traded for Tanev and extended him.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
drance cited paul, marchment, and engvall as comps

those were 18-22MM contracts

… 3.5x6 for Joshua?
Pretty much every good team needs these kind of contracts locking effective middle 6 guys up. I do that every day of the week.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
This is why insiders get such a bad name. He outright said he heard it’s as a rumour and was told not to go forward with it, and here you are taking it as gospel. Sorry to come at you, but just state exactly what he says because someone else is going to read it, take it as gospel and it’s all “Friedman SAID!!!! Wahhhh”
I could care less what Fridgeman said.

There is 6 games left and no word on Lindholm.

It’s very likely he doesn’t play another game until the playoffs.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Really interesting Rutherford interview with iMac. Thought this line was revealing:

SN: How careful do you need to be about term for Hronek – or anyone? Brock Boeser’s contract is up after next season, Thatcher Demko has two years remaining and your captain and MVP, Quinn Hughes, is up in three.

JR:
We do projections on a weekly basis. It almost gets tiring sometimes because we go over and over the same thing. But our projections cap-wise go out as far as the year we have to sign Quinn.

Left unsaid: "...and then we collapse into tears."

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Ik Vector brought this up many months ago but someone I can totally see us going after this off season is Laine.

-Winger for Petey (can play either wing)
-CBJ has to retain + take on a cap dump
-contract expires in 2 years
-we have the cap space ($28.4M to work with this off season)
-Excels on the PP
-would be one of our only players that can beat a goalie clean from a distance
-has 40-50 goal potential

cons
-mental health concerns
-fitness from time off?
-ovechkin controller disconnect moments
-can have extended stretches of low intensity effort

Reactions: Vector

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Ik Vector brought this up many months ago but someone I can totally see us going after this off season is Laine.

-Excels on the PP

cons
-mental health concerns
-fitness from time off?

There's pretty much zero reason for Columbus to trade Laine for anything that makes sense for us. Or anyone else, really. His value is essentially rock bottom. So they'd retain 50% and get offers of menial value. Just don't see them wanting to dump him quite yet.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

-Excels on the PP

cons
-mental health concerns
-fitness from time off?

"What if Kuzmenko but twice as expensive and coming off rehab" is not something i can really see Allvin doing this summer

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
"What if Kuzmenko but twice as expensive and coming off rehab" is not something i can really see Allvin doing this summer

The idea was Laine at 50% retention (4.35m) for 2 more seasons. He’s make less than Mikheyev. This was when he was getting healthy scratched, was fighting with the franchise, and Jarmo was the GM.

Only way I could see it happening is for a swap of another disappointing player with high upside or they want to clear space for the young guys. Only way the Canucks would be interested is if everyone was convinced Laine would be motivated and Tocchet could have a Kessel-like impact on him.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I could care less what Fridgeman said.

I’m aware, and I’ve addressed that. Also it’s couldn’t, you couldn’t care less. Man I’m really on one tonight. Sorry. :laugh:

There is 6 games left and no word on Lindholm.

It’s very likely he doesn’t play another game until the playoffs.

That said I’d be moderately surprised if he did. What a flop.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don’t think he makes it to free agency, but if he does, what do you think Reinhart signs for? Canucks could potentially have about $7-8 million to throw at a top 6 forward (or more if they can dump Mikheyev).

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I don’t think he makes it to free agency, but if he does, what do you think Reinhart signs for? Canucks could potentially have about $7-8 million to throw at a top 6 forward (or more if they can dump Mikheyev).

Real question to me is if Ekblad shakes loose in Florida. I can see the Panthers prioritizing Montour and Reinhart over him.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
There's pretty much zero reason for Columbus to trade Laine for anything that makes sense for us. Or anyone else, really. His value is essentially rock bottom. So they'd retain 50% and get offers of menial value. Just don't see them wanting to dump him quite yet.
When the Canucks traded Kuzmenko they lost the threat of a scorer, just the possibility of him catching fire got defensive consideration. He is traded and they lost that threat.

Laine would definitely be worthy of a trial run at 50% nd the threat of his reputation would garner extra attention.

This team is going to look different next year.

While it is too soon to say, without Demko they don't look like a complete playoff team.
Demko and the defence ARE playoff ready but there isn't enough effective intensity production.
But surprise do happen, not very often or Vegas bookies would go broke, but occasionally.

Now I posted that someone will bring up Florida last year, but they will ignore that Florida was President trophy winners the year before so they were already a good team, not a huge surprise

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I’m aware, and I’ve addressed that. Also it’s couldn’t, you couldn’t care less. Man I’m really on one tonight. Sorry. :laugh:

That said I’d be moderately surprised if he did. What a flop.
I would agree if I didn't reply, then it would mean I couldn't care less because it's not worth addressing.

Since I replied, it means I could care less since clearly I care alittle.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
A month ago I was trying to figure out how they were going to sign all of Joshua, Hronek, Zadorov, Lindholm, Blueger, Lafferty, and DeSmith.

I actually don't see them re-signing Lafferty or Blueger this summer. Both have been great. But Podkolzin, Raty, Bains, Sasson, and Karlson are all making cases for bottom 6 roster spots next year. The least likely to make it is Karlson because of foot speed though he can clearly score at the AHL level and is decent defensively.

I just don't see them spending the extra $2M on Lafferty and Blueger when they have half a dozen players in the organization that are knocking on the door and, with internal competition, are not downgrades and may even be upgrades.

If Zadorov wants big money and term, they probably won't sign him.

Lindholm is all about what they can get by reallocating his cap space, if they even want to try to re-sign him.

DeSmith, he's good but that extra $1M may be better used elsewhere.

At the end of the day, they may only seek to re-sign Joshua and Hronek and I'd be OK with that. Gives a lot of flexibility to acquire a top 4 D and a top 6 winger.

Reactions: Nick Lang

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

He's probably asking for 10-11m.
If Reinhart does make it to UFA—I could see Vancouver being a suitor. Especially if there is mutual hometown interest.

They would need to pay above $10m AAV and it would probably mean trading Boeser. And either dumping/buying-out Mikheyev.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad