Confirmed with Link: Chiarot to Detroit (4x $4.75)

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Devellano, Bertuzzi, Veleno, Mastrosimone, Fabbri, Cossa, Zito, Lombardi, Chiarot.... oh! eh! fugeddaboutit!

Pre-season camp, group photo circa 2022. Location: Little Caesars Arena Detroit, Michigan.
the-many-saints-of-newark-07257r-small.jpg

Reactions: FMichael

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Here's the GSVAs of our additions this summer:
Määttä: plus-2.4
Perron: plus-6.3
Pysyk: plus-5.4
Copp: plus-0.8
Chiarot: minus-11.9

This off-season was just so close to a slam dunk. I've been trying to talk myself into Chiarot but I just can't do it

Reactions: Realgud

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH

This off-season was just so close to a slam dunk. I've been trying to talk myself into Chiarot but I just can't do it
-11.9 is absurd

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Let's see how he plays.

Reactions: SoupNazi

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
What is the measure for defensive d-men in the league??

All teams seem to compllain about all these contracts, and no one ever seems to value these players the same way the GM's do.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't want to prejudge I'll wait to give it a half season to see what we are getting into.

Reactions: Gniwder

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don’t, but, still think it’s a lot of money and term for what he brings.
So many new faces , we have no idea how Red Wings going perform next season, we will see. We could also trade him before playoffs if he's healthy and doesn't help our progress

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Look at our LD coming into this summer. Chiarot was arguably the best LD available and fills a massive need for us. Did we pay a premium? Probably, but it isn't crippling.

Hopefully, Edvinsson comes over and is everything we want him to be and we're gleefully reworking our pairs by next Easter as he moves up the roster.

blueadams

May 30, 2011
Last two yrs of his contract Edvinsson, Johansson, Wallinder and Buim should all be NHL players. If everyone turns out, there's gonna need to be a move.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Last two yrs of his contract Edvinsson, Johansson, Wallinder and Buim should all be NHL players. If everyone turns out, there's gonna need to be a move.
Kinda like how we didn't have enough room with Smith, Ouellette, Jensen, and Sproul?

Stevie will trade if we hit the goldmine and they all pan out which is highly unlikely. But it's a good problem to have if it does.

I will be happy if Edvinsson and Wallinder wind up being legit NHLers, the hit rate on 2nd rounders is around 1/3.

Reactions: SoupNazi

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Kinda like how we didn't have enough room with Smith, Ouellette, Jensen, and Sproul?

Stevie will trade if we hit the goldmine and they all pan out which is highly unlikely. But it's a good problem to have if it does.

I will be happy if Edvinsson and Wallinder wind up being legit NHLers, the hit rate on 2nd rounders is around 1/3.
Ah Sproul and Ouellette...I remember when they were our future number 1 and 2.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Ah Sproul and Ouellette...I remember when they were our future number 1 and 2.
Thankfully, none of the current guys have holes in their game quite like those two did. Sproul just couldn't process the game at all. And I feel the worst for Ouellet, because he could have been a perfectly good depth defenseman, he had the brain and skillset, but he didn't have the athleticism. He's putting up a bunch of points in the AHL these days.

Now we're in a situation where hockey sense and athleticism are more the rule than the exception. Wallinder is the only one who has been criticized for IQ, I think. But he's quite notably pulled out of it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Wait, weren't you arguing you have to plan ahead for Edvinsson and Cossa?

I'm starting to think you're just an agent of chaos.
I have more faith in high first rounders than second rounders. Anything past the first round is basically a crap shoot.

Second rounders generally have at least one flaw, for example I can see AlJo turning into Djoos 2.0. He's not very physical. Hoping he does better because he's a better skater.

Admittedly, cap space wouldn't have been an issue because the trade would have involved Vrana, one of Seider/Raymond/Edvinsson/Kasper/Cossa, and 2023 1st if Stevie had tried to outbid FLA. I don't see Calg interested in Hronek even though they took Weegar. Hronek isn;t better than Kylington.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad