Coaching carousel (Weekes)

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Why would either of them leave for Toronto, unless Toronto was going to pay like double what their current teams would?
I don’t know their motivations. I could see either of them being up for a challenge on the biggest (or 2nd biggest) stage in the league. Clearly it’s hard to coach in Toronto and it’d be pretty damn glorious to lead them to a Stanley Cup.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
My guess is Leafs talked to his agent yesterday and they said he's resigning in Carolina, which made the Leafs decision easier.

Not saying they prioritized RBA, but I bet they wanted to interview him.

Contract talks aside, I dont think Brind'Amour wanted to leave Raleigh anyhow. Between the team being a contender and living there for 20+ years now, he wasn't going anywhere unless they forced his hand (i.e. refused to pay what he and the staff wanted)

Reactions: A1LeafNation

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Lol Rod back to the Canes. Enjoy that Caniacs!
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? He is one of the most winningest coaches in NHL history in his first 6 seasons and has only had one playoffs where he went under 500. They’d be brain dead to let him go. Most coaches hover around .500 tbf.

Reactions: surixon

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? He is one of the most winningest coaches in NHL history in his first 6 seasons and has only had one playoffs where he went under 500. They’d be brain dead to let him go. Most coaches hover around .500 tbf.
odd since there was so much blame he was getting by cane fans for the canes getting eliminated early again.

But yes, he’s a great regular season coach.

Lance Link

May 31, 2021
odd since there was so much blame he was getting by cane fans for the canes getting eliminated early again.

So much blame by Canes fans??? I don't think so. If they let him walk Canes fans would've been beyond pee'd off. The only talk I heard was from fans of other teams take cheap shots.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
So much blame by Canes fans??? I don't think so. If they let him walk Canes fans would've been beyond pee'd off. The only talk I heard was from fans of other teams take cheap shots.
It's HF boards, it never takes more than one person saying something (sometimes even barely or not at all saying that thing) for someone to later say "But I was told________?!" or "What happened to all the _______ fans who said _______."

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019

I mean deservedly so because of decisions, no coach is free from criticism, but there is absolutely no better options on the market. It takes awhile for a long of coaches to win in the post season the Rangers coach is literally a retread and hasn’t won a cup since Carolina. Also, fans were going to be more pisses off if they fired him they still are constantly successful and RBA is probably one of the best motivational coaches in the league.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Also true of players who are chokes until they are not. It's usually BS.

Yeah I agree 100%. Players who are "good in the playoffs" and ones who "don't show up in the biggest moments" are dumb labels when most players vary year by year especially when you're in the playoffs facing the toughest competition.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Contract talks aside, I dont think Brind'Amour wanted to leave Raleigh anyhow. Between the team being a contender and living there for 20+ years now, he wasn't going anywhere unless they forced his hand (i.e. refused to pay what he and the staff wanted)
I wouldnt want to leave living in Raleigh to go to Toronto either, 3 hours away from the beach, nice weather yearish round or freeze my sack off all winter. ...gee tough all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad