Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Top 15 forwards so far in the playoffs.... (note not one Leaf there while Leafs have top 5 cap hits among forwards and next year it will be 4 forwards with 11AAV+)

1714337573553.png

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Matthews was taken down behind net by McAvoy in game 3?
Play by play guy on feed I was watching wondered about the no call and mentioned Matthews ankle twisted badly?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Boston fans also complained that he was terrible and they wished he didn't play.

of course i remember that. and Ryan Getzlaf played with a hernia and looked like garbage. if Matthews is sick, he shouldn't be playing, becuse if he was out there looking like garbage no one is going to be going "oh look at you playing while sick." they'll be yelling at him saying he's garbage and should get off the ice.

anyhoo. i'm very glad i didn't waste any precious time on this team this year. clearly i missed nothing

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
this team needs change.
I think firing Shanny is first line of business
then fire Keefe
buyout Tavares I dont care if he's only going to clear 950k or something and i really dont wanna see him go but there has to be Changes
try to trade Marner and retain 50% for his final season (IF HE ACCEPTS)

build around Matthews and Nylander

Mar 26, 2010
Since 1999, the Leafs have lost all 4 series that they have trailed 3 games to 1.

Gonna be tough for them to come back with all of the surrounding circumstances at the moment.
The Leafs are not coming back. No way they are beating Boston 3 games in a row. They have beat them 1 game in the last 2 years lol. Yeah, it is over.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
The Leaf player above Matthews landed on his leg and caused the ankle to twist outwards. Not natural at all. He could barely skate after this happened.
Well if somebody fell on it that's another story but yes it is a relatively normal position for a skate when a player is on one knee. It helps with both balance and gives you a little more leverage.
Do you not do that when you go down to one knee?

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Well if somebody fell on it that's another story but yes it is a relatively normal position for a skate when a player is on one knee. It helps with both balance and gives you a little more leverage.
Do you not do that when you go down to one knee?
I told you what happened. I'm not going to debate what you do or not do when you go down on one knee. The entire reason that they showed the video was to show how he got hurt.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Blowing a 3-1 series to the Montreal Canadiens and losing a fake playoff round to the Columbus Blue Jackets were "better" losses.

You're truly a fine connoisseur of losing.

I guess those ones went down easier :laugh:

Yeah, the best part, we failed to make playoff twice by losing to Columbus, yet you'll see posters going,8 years of playoffs, that's not nothing !

Sure, if we count the year we failed to make the playoffs twice (once by not being one of the teams in playoffs position, second time by failing to win the play-ins..)

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Top 15 forwards so far in the playoffs.... (note not one Leaf there while Leafs have top 5 cap hits among forwards and next year it will be 4 forwards with 11AAV+)

View attachment 861286
One f***ing lottery ball was the difference between Connor McDavid and Mickey Marner. One. Ball.

I know thats absurd to complain about because Marner is a far better player than many guys that do get picked in the Top 5, but McDavid is going to end up at worst as the 5th best player of all time at this rate.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
"Stop f!@#ing crying bro, this isn't f!@#ing Junior hockey" is possibly my new favourite quote

Nylander - fan spokesman :DD

Why is it that Brad Marchand has 8 points in 4 games in the series while the high AAV players who dubas gave ridiculous amount, signing bonuses and ntcs/nmcs while the Leafs became a laughing stock in the league as no other team did such stupid and ridiculous deals with their RFAs, threw away draft capital and continued to "run it back"; ruining their own future with nothing to show in playoffs....

P.S.
Matthews+Tavares+Marner+Nylander* = 7 points combined
Brad Marchand = 8 points and absolutely trolling the F out of the Leafs

what's Marchand's AAV again?

I was told Marchand is old asf and cooked. Just look at his regular season stats !

You stop Pasta you win the series. It's not like we stopped Pasta, but the strategy still seems flawed.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
???

Colorado didn't draft Roy
Detroit didn't draft Hasek
Tampa didn't draft Khabibulin
Anaheim didn't draft JSG

That's 4 already and I only got to 2007.

I think that is about it. Its still hugely lopsided.

2x Corey Crawford CHI
2x Matt Murray PIT
1x Braden Holtby WSH
1x Jordan Binnington STL
2x Andrei Vasilevskiy TBL
2x Jonathan Quick LAK
1x Antti Niemi (Undrafted) CHI
1x Marc-André Fleury PIT
1x Chris Osgood DET (+97 98)
1x Ilya Bryzgalov ANA
1x Cam Ward CAR
2x Martin Brodeur NJD
(18) 1x Pavel Francouz COL (Unbdrafted 6w - 0l)
-----------------

17(18) of 22 (1 year was lockout)

So I think it's safe to say drafting your own tender is pretty important to winning a cup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad