hischier
j.hughes
l.hughes
nemec

canucks no trade list for third party fans:
demko
pettersson
q.hughes

moot point - this thread is useless because Demko is not available, and if he were, you're not getting a Vezina caliber goalie for peanuts lol

Reactions: HBK27

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if im vancouver l. hughes would have to be part of the trade

oh, just a PART of the trade? Hypothetically in your universe what else would the Devils have to add to a 20 year old Calder finalist DMan?

I think Canucks would ask for Nemec.
I bet they would, and then they'd be reminded that goalies are never traded for young players of Nemec's ilk.

and yes, I realize VAN doesnt have to trade Demko, but lets be realistic here.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I bet they would, and then they'd be reminded that goalies are never traded for young players of Nemec's ilk.

and yes, I realize VAN doesnt have to trade Demko, but lets be realistic here.

Then the Devils would be reminded goalies of Demko's caliber are never traded period. This is all moot point, because we have 0 interest in moving Demko.

Reactions: bcbill

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Then the Devils would be reminded goalies of Demko's caliber are never traded period. This is all moot point, because we have 0 interest in moving Demko.

a trade like that literally happened between the two teams we're discussing lol and Schneider had much better career numbers at the time he was traded than Demko does.

but anyways, I agree with your overall point.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
a trade like that literally happened between the two teams we're discussing lol and Schneider had much better career numbers at the time he was traded than Demko does.

but anyways, I agree with your overall point.

I get the Canucks play when it's late at night on the East Coast, but you can't be serious. Demko literally just got nominated for the Vezina, while Schneider had never been handed over the reins as a #1 goalie full time at the time of the deal - not even remotely similar situations, but okay.

Again, it's a pointless discussion because he isn't available in the first place.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I get the Canucks play when it's late at night on the East Coast, but you can't be serious. Demko literally just got nominated for the Vezina, while Schneider had never been handed over the reins as a #1 goalie full time at the time of the deal - not even remotely similar situations, but okay.

Again, it's a pointless discussion because he isn't available in the first place.
Because Vancouver bungled it in keeping Luongo who they had to trade the following year. Everyone was shocked that Schneider got traded instead of Luongo

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
canucks no trade list for third party fans:
demko
pettersson
q.hughes

moot point - this thread is useless because Demko is not available, and if he were, you're not getting a Vezina caliber goalie for peanuts lol
lol

i not even made an offer for any vancouver player

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I'd do it for this years 1st, Casey Seamus, and Holtz. Only if we can snag Ullmark or Markstrom from their respective teams.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Of course you would! You might get the 24 1st and that's it. Gladly pass otherwise
I mean yea that makes sense, for the Canucks we would only be willing to trade a vezina calibre goalie if the price is right, and that is demkos value. Honestly from the devils predictive it isn't much, the first is the most valuable piece, Casey is you 3rd best defensive prospect behind Hughes and Nemec and Holtz is looking like a middle six player.

For Demko that is a pretty fair deal. Although if im the devils id rather just get Markstrom or Ullmark since those teams essentially need to give away a goalie.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I mean yea that makes sense, for the Canucks we would only be willing to trade a vezina calibre goalie if the price is right, and that is demkos value. Honestly from the devils predictive it isn't much, the first is the most valuable piece, Casey is you 3rd best defensive prospect behind Hughes and Nemec and Holtz is looking like a middle six player.

For Demko that is a pretty fair deal. Although if im the devils id rather just get Markstrom or Ullmark since those teams essentially need to give away a goalie.
I get the price being right for sure. Casey was the best defender in the ncaa this year. Nemec and Hughes are not prospects, probably puts Casey at 1. He will replace Marino most probably (or play wing!) Holtz has been buried and still producing to spite what coaches and mngmnt does. Demko for the 24 1st is about as high as Fitz should go. Want a small add sure.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I get the price being right for sure. Casey was the best defender in the ncaa this year. Nemec and Hughes are not prospects, probably puts Casey at 1. He will replace Marino most probably (or play wing!) Holtz has been buried and still producing to spite what coaches and mngmnt does. Demko for the 24 1st is about as high as Fitz should go. Want a small add sure.
I guess in technicality Hughes and Nemec are Graduated but me personally if you are still on the 1st or 2nd year of your ELC you are essentially a prospect to me. That being said Casey is obviously a quality dman but in terms of the team depth chart he is behind Nemec and at this point Hamilton as well. Replacing a 3D is relatively easy compared to getting a number goalie that is vezina level consistently.

As for Holtz he is doing okay but he will never truly flourish in New Jersey as they don't give him the minutes.

so again relative to the devils giving up Casey and Holtz alongside the first would easily be worth it in the long run for the devils. They haven't had a goalie like Demko since Schneider and you put a goalie like Demko on the devils today or a devils team that is mostly healthy they are a cup contender.

If anyone should be jumping at this trade it should be the devils. That being said they're goalies close to demkos calibre available so the Devils should just go after Ullmark, Markstorm, or take a wildcard swing at Spencer Knight.

Reactions: Smitty426

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I guess in technicality Hughes and Nemec are Graduated but me personally if you are still on the 1st or 2nd year of your ELC you are essentially a prospect to me. That being said Casey is obviously a quality dman but in terms of the team depth chart he is behind Nemec and at this point Hamilton as well. Replacing a 3D is relatively easy compared to getting a number goalie that is vezina level consistently.

As for Holtz he is doing okay but he will never truly flourish in New Jersey as they don't give him the minutes.

so again relative to the devils giving up Casey and Holtz alongside the first would easily be worth it in the long run for the devils. They haven't had a goalie like Demko since Schneider and you put a goalie like Demko on the devils today or a devils team that is mostly healthy they are a cup contender.

If anyone should be jumping at this trade it should be the devils. That being said they're goalies close to demkos calibre available so the Devils should just go after Ullmark, Markstorm, or take a wildcard swing at Spencer Knight.
Won't be more than a 1st, but I just don't see it happening anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad