Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Looks eerily like a Habs emblem....

I honestly thought it was a Fribourg hat at first, just coloured weirdly

B5BE7B3A-8827-47D0-92A4-041DF1CEB24A.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Boston is a fun town for a youngster, single girls outnumber boys 2-1, 18 yr old drink age, concerts, etc I dont really care for the campus location on the parkway. Just dont get mono kid!

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Something interesting about this to me.

KA has basically said he doesn't want to commit to a goalie for more than 2 or 3 years max. However everything that Levi has said and done to this point has shown his patience with slow development. So another year at NEU, maybe next year in the AHL and then people are penciling him in to the NHL after that. Personally I'm not so sure about that, he may prefer 2 full AHL seasons given his past comments and the slow approach he's taken. Seems like KA is expecting him to be in the NHL sooner than he might be comfortable with.

Reactions: Zman5778

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Something interesting about this to me.

KA has basically said he doesn't want to commit to a goalie for more than 2 or 3 years max. However everything that Levi has said and done to this point has shown his patience with slow development. So another year at NEU, maybe next year in the AHL and then people are penciling him in to the NHL after that. Personally I'm not so sure about that, he may prefer 2 full AHL seasons given his past comments and the slow approach he's taken. Seems like KA is expecting him to be in the NHL sooner than he might be comfortable with.
I have had similar thoughts.

Another one is that most teams want a goalie to get 100+ games in the AHL before putting a guy in the NHL. That is two seasons of being the #1 guy in Roch to hit that 100 game mark.

That's is why a 3-4 year deal for a quality FA goalie shouldn't block anyone.

22-23: TBD & Anderson in NHL, UPL in AHL, Levi in college.
23-24: TBD & UPL in NHL, Levi in AHL
24-25: TBD & UPL in NHL, Levi in AHL

And then in 25-26, you have the last year of the 4 year deal for TBD and UPL & Levi battle it out in camp for an NHL spot IF UPL is still around. They could try and give UPL a 3 year deal this summer and then he walks as a UFA in 2025 with Levi ready for the NHL.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I have had similar thoughts.

Another one is that most teams want a goalie to get 100+ games in the AHL before putting a guy in the NHL. That is two seasons of being the #1 guy in Roch to hit that 100 game mark.

That's is why a 3-4 year deal for a quality FA goalie shouldn't block anyone.

22-23: TBD & Anderson in NHL, UPL in AHL, Levi in college.
23-24: TBD & UPL in NHL, Levi in AHL
24-25: TBD & UPL in NHL, Levi in AHL

And then in 25-26, you have the last year of the 4 year deal for TBD and UPL & Levi battle it out in camp for an NHL spot IF UPL is still around. They could try and give UPL a 3 year deal this summer and then he walks as a UFA in 2025 with Levi ready for the NHL.
Maybe KA is creating a owner based PR narrative and not really trying to upgrade/spend on gk?

You can only say we want players who want come here so many times, if no one comes here then your stuck with Tokarski and Houser.

Same with weaponizing the cap which we have yet to really see other than minor.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Maybe KA is crating a PR narrative and not really trying to upgrade/spend on gk?
With him almost landing Murray and Chad D saying he has heard smoke that Adams was in on another goalie deal that fell through, I doubt that is the case.

The problem is that like last year, he may have been so locked in on a move or two that doesn't pan out that he is left without a quality goalie when the music stops playing in the game of goalie musical chairs.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
With him almost landing Murray and Chad D saying he has heard smoke that Adams was in on another goalie deal that fell through, I doubt that is the case.

The problem is that like last year, he may have been so locked in on a move or two that doesn't pan out that he is left without a quality goalie when the music stops playing in the game of goalie musical chairs.
Seems it's hard for KA to finish a deal. Lets hope that changes or we will be Ottawa/Arizona for 10 more years.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad