Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Boston MBTA is just about finished expanding the green line to my neighborhood. The line goes right to Matthews Arena on the NEU campus. Has me thinking season tickets for the huskies. Getting temp from my people for interest in college hockey since my wife wont want to go to every one.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Boston MBTA is just about finished expanding the green line to my neighborhood. The line goes right to Matthews Arena on the NEU campus. Has me thinking season tickets for the huskies. Getting temp from my people for interest in college hockey since my wife wont want to go to every one.
Wear a Sabres jersey! Gotta represent!

Reactions: old kummelweck

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The build up to it was almost as good as the save. Ten minutes and one shooter of the most calm positional make it look easy goaltending you’ll ever see. And then he falls down and pulls this nonsense.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
in the good old days, we could offer him 5 mil per year to be our starter now

Don't like he's returning to college, even if it only delays him being our starter for another year

Reactions: stokes84

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
in the good old days, we could offer him 5 mil per year to be our starter now

Don't like he's returning to college, even if it only delays him being our starter for another year
Best-case scenario - 1 more year at Northeastern, a year at Rochester, and backup or 1B in Buffalo in 2024/25 when he will turn 23 in Dec. More realistically he'll be starting regularly in the NHL a year or two later, at 24 or 25.

His development should dictate where he plays, not our giddy hopes for him. Ya, I have them too.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Best-case scenario - 1 more year at Northeastern, a year at Rochester, and backup or 1B in Buffalo in 2024/25 when he will turn 23 in Dec. More realistically he'll be starting regularly in the NHL a year or two later, at 24 or 25.

His development should dictate where he plays, not our giddy hopes for him. Ya, I have them too.

and he also shouldn't be shoehorned into the AHL when he turns pro, just because some feel all goalies, no matter how good they are, need to be in the AHL first.

If he makes the team out of camp, he should make the team

Reactions: reckoning

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
and he also shouldn't be shoehorned into the AHL when he turns pro, just because some feel all goalies, no matter how good they are, need to be in the AHL first.

If he makes the team out of camp, he should make the team
Look at the development paths for recent big-name NA goalies.

Carter Hart - 1/2 season in the AHL, had a good first full season with Philadelphia, and has struggled since. Another year or 2 with Lehigh, and he might now be the "next Carey Price" he was touted to be, instead of a guy who last season shared the net with Martin bloody Jones.

Contrast with Demko, Oettinger, Hellebuyck. The first 2 played 3 full seasons in the NCAA against men. All spent a minimum of 1 full season in the AHL.

Your expectations for Levi are wildly optimistic, and potentially disastrous. I'm confident the Sabres don't share them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad