Player Discussion: Dmitri Voronkov

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

According to Metaratings.ru, Columbus forward Dmitri Voronkov intends to continue playing in the NHL.

The forward considers the option of returning to the KHL only if he is sent to the AHL. Voronkov played for Ak Bars from 2019 to 2023.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
same articles came out when my uncle played with Fedorov if Fedorov can learn English voronkov will be fine lol

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
The whole "doesn't like living in America" thing reeks of when Avangard asked for Yegor back after he got sent down last month. I took it with a grain of salt then, and this was the same thing.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ve seen a few tweets randomly pop up on my twitter timeline that I find concerning. A few people are actually suggesting that signs be made and that we essentially beg him to want him to stay.

It sort of sounds like “desperate girlfriend” territory and might actually make things worse to continue to draw attention to it. You can’t force him to be comfortable here. It just needs to run its course and happen naturally.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I’ve seen a few tweets randomly pop up on my twitter timeline that I find concerning. A few people are actually suggesting that signs be made and that we essentially beg him to want him to stay.

It sort of sounds like “desperate girlfriend” territory and might actually make things worse to continue to draw attention to it. You can’t force him to be comfortable here. It just needs to run its course and happen naturally.
As I no longer have access to X, I haven't seen any of this, to my betterment most likely. I don't think signs and showing him "he's wanted" are the issue anyway.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As I no longer have access to X, I haven't seen any of this, to my betterment most likely. I don't think signs and showing him "he's wanted" are the issue anyway.
Agreed. It’s just a couple of tweets from people I don’t even follow that showed in my timeline but it seemed kind of creepy and stalker-ish.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I will quite Sergei Fedotov, the former player, now agent and hockey commentator :D:D:D

I don't see which current Columbus player he should push out of the lineup. At best, he'll play 20-25 games at the core.

Even the fourth line is not guaranteed to him.

Does the team need a foreigner as a checker? There are enough of such good things in America

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Looking back at this. I am really disappointed on how the CBJ seems to be handling this. We probably have the most Russians on one team in the entire league and Marchenko is being the translator for him while his English is still a rough. Granted the others speak English pretty well but there are 5 guys on this team who can speak Russian including Elvis. They could get a dedicated translator for him that could probably also help him learn.

Reactions: ViD

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I will quite Sergei Fedotov, the former player, now agent and hockey commentator :D:D:D

Well, that quote appears to be from October 12 when he was in Cleveland at the start of the season so I don't put much stock into that today.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Looking back at this. I am really disappointed on how the CBJ seems to be handling this. We probably have the most Russians on one team in the entire league and Marchenko is being the translator for him while his English is still a rough. Granted the others speak English pretty well but there are 5 guys on this team who can speak Russian including Elvis. They could get a dedicated translator for him that could probably also help him learn.
Like looking back at it having two other kids who are also foreign to the land and are young and inexperienced as the guides for Voronkov wasn't the best idea.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
They way he’s played so far, it will take a serious deterioration for the front office to even consider sending him down to the AHL.

Heck, the guy is 8th in rookie scoring having played a few games less than the others

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Why are they putting a rookie up in a hotel? If that's what they do for rookies regularly, no wonder they have a sour taste of Columbus after their ELC.

The team needs to be buying condominiums so that fringe, young guys have a place to stay. Not the Hyatt Regency near NWA.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why are they putting a rookie up in a hotel? If that's what they do for rookies regularly, no wonder they have a sour taste of Columbus after their ELC.

The team needs to be buying condominiums so that fringe, young guys have a place to stay. Not the Hyatt Regency near NWA.

Make sure to furnish them and set up the needed cooking and cleaning services. :laugh:

I'm not sure if the hotel room was a problem or not, the way some of these young NHLers live they have no idea how to have a home yet.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Make sure to furnish them and set up the needed cooking and cleaning services.

I'm not sure if the hotel room was a problem or not, the way some of these young NHLers live they have no idea how to have a home yet.

That's definitely true. I guess I'm just thinking about the norm for NFL and NBA teams.

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The goal he scored tonight was beautiful. Not in a SC Top 10 type of way, but just a pure power forward goal.

It had everything, a forecheck, a puck battle win, a nice spin move (showing great agility), and putting the puck on net. Slowly becoming my favorite player.

And that was a 6'4 220 lb player in Forbort that Dmitri brushed aside.

The hit on McAvoy was beautiful too, Mac is built like a truck so that was some serious force. The Bruins couldn't do anything in the scrum afterwards.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I think it's pretty common for players to stay in a hotel for short periods if they don't have a permanent residence but that is obvious a short term solution. I think his play has made it pretty clear he should get a place at this point but I'm surprised they hadn't arranged it yet. This is also the same team that apparently told Jiricek to get a place and then sent him to Cleveland a day later even if it was only for 1 day.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad